Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Question authority | moderated by Randal Shacklett (account deleted)

Questioning authority

Closed_forum

Displaying posts 31 - 51 of 51 in total
Thu, 10 Sep 2009 #31
Thumb_avatar Clive Bunnett Australia 17 posts in this forum Offline

So now the question is vital isn't it?Is there an action that does not come from thought and memory?

Thu, 10 Sep 2009 #32
Thumb_deleted_user_med Randal Shacklett United States 263 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Clive Bunnett wrote:
Is there an action that does not come from thought and memory

Yes, no, maybe. How do we make this a vital question also?

Fri, 11 Sep 2009 #33

A vital question is one that is imperative isn't it? If there is an action that is of the past or thought then one is back in the bind once more, no? If one does not care about this then one can keep getting more of the same.
The question may be what makes one care enough to take the whole thing seriously and not as a game? Then one sees that such an action is vital..

Fri, 11 Sep 2009 #34
Thumb_henry Thérèse Doyle Okamoto United States 29 posts in this forum Offline

Randal Shacklett wrote:
What is one to do?

L:IVE DANGEROUSLY

Health care is everyone's job, not just in treating illness but in promoting healthy living. We must take personal responsibility, engaging our minds and hands in meaningful work - all essential components of healthy, secure lifestyles and communities.

Fri, 11 Sep 2009 #35
Thumb_deleted_user_med Randal Shacklett United States 263 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Clive Bunnett wrote:
may be what makes one care enough to take the whole thing seriously

But it does not happen. No one is serious, even though everyone claims to be. If I am not serious, what matters whether any or everyone else, is or isn't?

Fri, 11 Sep 2009 #36

So are you saying that you are not serious? Then let us end it here. Why generalise to 'no one'.

Fri, 11 Sep 2009 #37

what am i an orphan?

Health care is everyone's job, not just in treating illness but in promoting healthy living. We must take personal responsibility, engaging our minds and hands in meaningful work - all essential components of healthy, secure lifestyles and communities.

Fri, 11 Sep 2009 #38
Thumb_avatar max greene United States 51 posts in this forum Offline

Randal,

"No one is serious, even though everyone claims to be."

Unfortunately, I think you're right. We don't understand things easily because we're not serious about them. Our attention wanders because, truthfully, we aren't vitally interested in the things we claim are "important." With a wandering, floating attention that at most spans three or four posts, we tackle subjects like, "Is Observation Necessary in the Search for Inner Peace?"

max

Fri, 11 Sep 2009 #39
Thumb_photos-52 JIM MC DONOUGH United States 1 post in this forum Offline

THERESE WROTE WHAT AM I AN ORPHAN
Worse than that therese, you are all alone like me and every one else JIM

NOTHING = NOTHING

This post was last updated by JIM MC DONOUGH Wed, 23 Sep 2009.

Sat, 12 Sep 2009 #40

Clive Bunnett wrote:
Then one sees that such an action is vital..

How do you make that leap? First this, then that? Can we explore that statement for a bit? Can you elaborate a little, factually mind you, on what you say there?

Sat, 12 Sep 2009 #41

Clive Bunnett wrote:
Why generalise to 'no one'

Because obviously, those who are serious, do not engage in intellectual badmitton, and call it seriousness. Who here, on Kinfonet, or anywhere else, does anything except share information/beliefs/opinions/knowledge? "no one".

Sat, 12 Sep 2009 #42

max greene wrote:
floating attention that at most spans three or four posts,

But Max, it spans our whole existance. Inattention.

Sat, 12 Sep 2009 #43

max greene wrote:
floating attention that at most spans three or four posts,

It's like a child with a puppy dog or a bright shiny object. We are comforted/entertained for a time, but our attention wanders looking for more pleasure/entertainment/comfort. We never grow/become, out of it. Yet we spend our entire lives, trying.

Sat, 12 Sep 2009 #44

Clive Bunnett wrote:
Then let us end it here

Why end, or begin?

Sat, 12 Sep 2009 #45

Then it is finished for you isn't it? I am not interested in intellectual badminton. Perhaps it is projection on your part... or you could be correct. Either way you clearly have your own conclusions.

Sat, 12 Sep 2009 #46

Can you elaborate? it sounds interesting.

Sat, 12 Sep 2009 #47

James Mc Donough wrote:
THERESE WROTE WHAT AM I AN ORPHAN Worse than that therese, you are all alone like me and every one else JIM

6 billion little miracles and youre all alone? can i see your license and earthling registration?

This post was last updated by Thérèse Doyle Okamoto Wed, 23 Sep 2009.

Sat, 12 Sep 2009 #48

Clive Bunnett wrote:
you clearly have your own conclusions.

In my blindness, can I see clearly what others have or don't?

Sat, 12 Sep 2009 #49

Clive Bunnett wrote:
I am not interested in intellectual badminton

Expressing and comparing opinions and like ideas, is intellectual badmitton. Why do you claim not to be part of the human condition? Everyone, everywhere is doing it, you are not?

Sun, 13 Sep 2009 #50

Randal Shacklett wrote:
Expressing and comparing opinions and like ideas, is intellectual badmitton. Why do you claim not to be part of the human condition? Everyone, everywhere is doing it, you are not?

So do you see this as a fact or is it just another idea to compare?

Sun, 13 Sep 2009 #51

Clive Bunnett wrote:
So do you see this as a fact or is it just another idea to compare

Good question! How would you go about trying to find out the truth of it?

Displaying posts 31 - 51 of 51 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)