Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Question authority | moderated by Randal Shacklett (account deleted)

contradiction in JK's teaching

Closed_forum

Displaying all 12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Tue, 08 Sep 2009 #1
Thumb_tampura ganesan balachandran India 63 posts in this forum Offline

i came across few contradictions in JK's statements, now i dont strain to remeber. Anybody else had come across?
There will be lot of views if not reply. please wake up :o)
gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

Tue, 08 Sep 2009 #2
Thumb_deleted_user_med Randal Shacklett United States 263 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

ganesan balachandran wrote:
few contradictions in JK's statements

By what measure do you judge contridiction? To see contridiction, doesn't one need clear perception?

Wed, 09 Sep 2009 #3

Some look upon this as a wonder, another (JK)describes it as wonderful, and others hear of it as a wonder.
Even after hearing about it very few people (no one)know what it is.
gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

Sat, 26 Sep 2009 #4
Thumb_deleted_user_med xyz XYZ Egypt 6 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Dear Mr. Ganesan,

<pre> The main contradiction with Mr. Krishnamurti's teaching is that we must focus on what is and not on what should be and such a teaching is clearly in itself a contradiction. He was very aware of that and saw this contradiction as his "choiceless fate". Only a man of truth and innocence endowed with a fearless mind would dare examine the notion of contradiction as you have dared to do and I am sure the master would have been pleased with your inquiry, a sign of an open mind. So tell us please, what other contradictions did you find? As for your second post, it is a riddle?
</pre>

Sun, 27 Sep 2009 #5
Thumb_february_26-_birthday_pics_and_ebay_001 Greg Van Tongeren United States 3 posts in this forum Offline

The main contradiction with Mr. Krishnamurti's teaching is that we must focus on what is and not on what should be and such a teaching is clearly in itself a contradiction. He was very aware of that and saw this contradiction as his "choiceless fate".

gv: interesting xyz. :-)
Where can we find a recording of this discussion by K?

The mind that is choicelessly aware of 'what is' is a qualitatively different mind than that which is focused upon images of what should be, do you agree? Observation of what is occuring as a totality requires a cessation of looking from the known. So there is a shift from observation from the center, to observation without the observer. K seems to start off where meditation methods would end... with meditation without the meditator. How do you see it?

Greg

The benediction is where you are

Sun, 27 Sep 2009 #6
Thumb_february_26-_birthday_pics_and_ebay_001 Greg Van Tongeren United States 3 posts in this forum Offline

One apparent contradiction is K's insistance that there is no "how", no method to solve the problem of self, and his purported late-in-life statement that "no one else has done it." I question whether he said that and if he did if he was perhaps mentally impaired in some way. If in fact thought can not solve the problem of self, then to say no one has done it seems like delusion.

The benediction is where you are

Mon, 28 Sep 2009 #7

He very often indicates that such a state is love and so on which conditions. that also he should have allowed it to get inferred...gb

This post was last updated by ganesan balachandran Thu, 01 Oct 2009.

Mon, 23 Nov 2009 #8

JK: I have not read any philosophical, psychological, or religious literature, neither the Bhagavad-Gita nor the Upanishads.

Todays quote is that not a contradiction. he is not conditioned by anything is different.
gb

Mon, 23 Nov 2009 #9
Thumb_avatar Galaxy Eh United States 2 posts in this forum Offline

There is no contrdiction in K's talks and writings. There are many paradoxes. Thought by nature has paradoxes and one must see these paradoxes to go beyond, otherwise one is stuck in a circle of thought (do loop). K tried to show his audience and bring them along to these paradoxes so that they could go beyond. Unfortunately very few could see this for real and they still don't.

Awareness is touch of what is.

Tue, 24 Nov 2009 #10

Galaxy Eh wrote:
There are many paradoxes.

pardoxes are contradictions...iam not pointing out the contradictions of Jk as opposites.is this paradox clear:-)

This post was last updated by ganesan balachandran Tue, 24 Nov 2009.

Tue, 24 Nov 2009 #11
Thumb_avatar Galaxy Eh United States 2 posts in this forum Offline

Ganesan b<; you are a very stupid person.

Awareness is touch of what is.

Tue, 24 Nov 2009 #12

Galaxy Eh wrote:
There are many paradoxes.

Atleast if you remain stupid for the paradoxes and rather than craving for experience which is the beginning of illusion.
what is the paradox in this rather than an dishonest statement. How come one can quote upanishads and vedas without studying them and when he himself said it on various occasions. The reason behind is a paradox which also I feel is a conditioning. since i wanted to be indifferent to your reply i made it funny.
i suggest you there are no paradoxes and everything is as clear as you see a mirror (table).

gb

This post was last updated by ganesan balachandran Tue, 24 Nov 2009.

Displaying all 12 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)