Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

Charly Mann's Forum Posts

Forum: Serious Debate

Displaying all 3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Topic: The Oak Grove School: Is it teaching its students about conditioning or is it mearly just another prep school? Thu, 02 Jul 2009

Robert Michael wrote: Her title tells it all: "Torch This Tower." She states there is no facet of the American school situation which is at all redeemable and believes we ought to eradicate the entire thing down to the very rock bottom, clear the grounds totally, and rethink what do we do from here. This has been my position for years and years." (J. C. Pearce)

http://www.ratical.org/many_worlds/JCP98.html

Bob M.

THankU Bob for this link to the work of J.C.Pearce. I did not know about it and I have found it very informative and important. I plan to look further into the information.

I see this topic to be a most valuable one for this forum to continue to inquire into. I have seen all along that the clear education of young minds to the dangers of conditioning from all sources to be the MOST important aspect of K's dialogues. I am dismayed and saddened to hear here about the deterioration of the K school system as I held high hopes for their success, ever since learning about them a decade ago. { sigh } I see little chance of any radical change in the Human evolutionary tract, without a completely different approach to educating most if not all young children around the world.

Therefor, I see this forum topic essential to alerting as many individuals as possible to this continuing necessity. Perhaps the seeds of attention and awareness will spring to life on this fertile ground. There are many other forum topics where much of what has been said here on deep philosophy, which is really off topic here, can be said elsewhere just as well and not cloud this specific issue of the K schools and the education of the young in the light of what K presents to the world.

I urge you, Please, do not give up on this topic. I is so very important to the human condition.

CNMann

Topic: The Oak Grove School: Is it teaching its students about conditioning or is it mearly just another prep school? Thu, 02 Jul 2009

Robert Michael wrote: Her title tells it all: "Torch This Tower." She states there is no facet of the American school situation which is at all redeemable and believes we ought to eradicate the entire thing down to the very rock bottom, clear the grounds totally, and rethink what do we do from here. This has been my position for years and years." (J. C. Pearce)

Bob M.

Bob M.

Displaying all 3 posts
Page 1 of 1