Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao's Forum Posts

Forum: General Discussion

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 903 in total
Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Tue, 08 Jan 2019

We need to look more closely at the the identifying process.Is this process responsible for the various joint phenomenons to come into existence,creating the individual?such as thinker,actor and reactor.?

Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Tue, 08 Jan 2019

One Self wrote: My question is that Why is there such a drive to identify oneself with something, are we afraid of being nothing , why

if we do not identify ourselves with something or other ,we are psychologically nothing.We know we would hardly want to be nothing.That state would straight away puts us to fear.

Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Mon, 07 Jan 2019

I think it is self-identified memory which prevents love.On the face of it,it may appear that this proposition is absurd.All our self-projections are directly from self-identified memory.We project our love through this ,which becomes highly emotional and sensational.It almost becomes self-destructive.I think purpose of this self-identified memory is functional,just like ram in a computer.It is also a memory which is used only when computer is on execution,otherwise it is empty.poster thinks that the self- identified memory in the human psych is no more than that,but we find that it has become an abode of programmer.Sitting there he distorts his own executions. In a computer ram is emptied once execution is over.We thrive on sustaining the self-identified memory.It needs to be emptied from moment to moment.The brain is always there to meet our past records whenever we require.Of course the self -identified memory is also part of the brain, the hard disc.In fact we need to focus on this self-identified memory,before we can say that it has to be emptied.

Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Sun, 06 Jan 2019

One Self wrote: Thought controls our lives. Krishnamurti talks about love which is not of time and thought.

Whatever K must have spoken about love and involvement of time, one can be sure in one's life ,one must have experienced several times the fine moments one's feelings,may be discreetly one would have had it.The question is:do we ever have the awareness of those feelings,except that you recollect it from memory?Have we ever asked what was state of our mind when those feelings when ever they happened?Were there any moments of absence of thought,which gave that fine feeling? That is what precisely amounts to the question:

One Self wrote: But all of these are ideas until it is experienced directly,don't you think so?

Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Thu, 03 Jan 2019

One Self wrote: If one can't be free from fear then authority which is part of fear must be inevitable.

Fear is something one might experience when one is doubtful of fulfilling one's desires because it is thought which manges the whole fulfilling activity.Hence the importance of self- identified memory which is the "me". That takes over and generates fear and authority.

Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Wed, 02 Jan 2019

Urge to seek gratification through sensations results in desire.This phenomenon quietly brings in authority at every instant.We hardly keep track of this process

Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Wed, 02 Jan 2019

Can one really say he is free of all authority?May be at the conscious level one could probably assert that he is free of it,but we are such beings we keep using thought as an instrument of our daily chores.Very often thought stands for emerging desires or sensations,which makes one most unconsciously pick up some authority,unless one keeps questioning the thought that props up in the consciousness.

Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Tue, 01 Jan 2019

Can the mind be free from all illusions?

Yes,one has to ask that question to oneself?Stay with the question.Of course we can theorize what we are supposed to do,but that is of no avail.

Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Sun, 30 Dec 2018

Teachings are not ideas.We make them into ideas when we take them as absolute truths.If there is understanding of those teachings,one would be seeing the absolute truth behind those teachings. For that one needs observe one's mind when one is trying to understand teachings.

Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Sun, 30 Dec 2018

Influence of decade of K’s teachings on the life of the poster has made him look at his own act of observation at his existence or consciousness. How does he observe the events or issues of his own existence that crop up in his life trail or consciousness? In fact this is what actually thrown at him, when he was to leave for morning walks. If he was to observe his own occupation of the mind, could he say that he was free from the teachings of K , with which he has been associated for the last 10 years.? Or is this just another desire to be free of K’s teachings? And what for? For the sake of reality or insight or perception? Was there an influence for decade of K’s teachings on the life of the poster,which has made him look at his own act of observation at his existence or consciousness? How does he observe the events or issues of his own existence crop up in his life trail or consciousness? In fact this is what actually thrown at him, when he was to leave for morning walks. If he was to observe his own occupation of the mind, could he say that he was free from the teachings of K , with which he has been associated for the last 10 years.? Or is this just another desire to be free of K’s teachings? Is there a subtle form of desire still lingering in his mind? Quite often he used to reflect his reactions on various issues that cropped up in his mind while on solitary walks in this thread. He stopped for a while .Perhaps he had reason for it. Did he ever felt that these postings resulted very often as self- projections? Then why did he return? Was avoiding self-projection was just another ideal or an idea, which he was not aware? What is the state of( his)being now? Have the teachings become just ideas or formulas? Did he really understand the significance of desire? Does subtle form of the desire still sustain? Has he been caught between the actuality and the ideas from the teachings and tradition? Has this resulted in his entire existence being caught in time? Is this the state of his being right now? Which is no more than being a known person in teachings and the past?

Topic: Paul Davidson Fri, 13 May 2016

I think he has arrived.

Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Tue, 26 Apr 2016

paul daniel wrote: if there is not this splitting, there can't be analysing...and thing is , in my view, analysing is vital regarding what we are and how we need to function to exist..

Very nice to interact with you Dan. I must say there has been qualitative change in your write ups in recent times,I have been reading all most all your post in this forum .Yes for the interactive functions we have to split the mind, otherwise we can not function. Then we have its fall out which creates actual problems. We see the problems as arising on their own accord ,not due to splitting the mind. We are caught in perpetual problem solving mode.

Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Tue, 26 Apr 2016

The poster was wondering if he really and consciously knew that he was just using his background to reflect the inbuilt time consciousness in his psychosomatic system in his whole being or he had just the idea that there were desires in the past, desires in the present, and there would desires in the future? and who it reflected on his personality . For sure there was never a notion that whole time is in the present. Just would like to find out if these reflections really reflect that our thought process divides our minds?

Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Wed, 17 Sep 2014

Yes, may be you are right that one cannot touch sensations as one likes. That is, one cannot prevent thought interfering with sensations. At least it appears like that. Is that final state?

Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Wed, 17 Sep 2014

Bob D. wrote: I guess I've come to the conclusion that JK's truths were his own. They can't help me.

Yes, the conclusions are one's own, especially conclusions concerning the psych. If both of us have not come to any conclusion perhaps we could discuss few more aspects of pure sensations. Thanks.

Bob D. wrote: I am curious...why would one concern his/her self about whether it is possible or not?

Very simple. We have the knowledge of JK which suggests that there is a possibility of such a sensation. We have to find out if it is true?

The Krinch wrote: Welcome back, Kamarajugadda,

Thought is built upon sensation, is it not?

Yes, my dear friend, I am just unfolding your fresh disguise, but how do we get the pure sensations out of our sense organs? Is that ever possible?

Bob D. wrote: Any deviation from thought's goals, increases thought's power over us.

So, thought interferes our sensations is a fact. Now I would put it differently , can thought really come into existence without interfering with sensations?

One wonders if there is really a direct axis to the sensations that our senses supply to us, except through reactions as thoughts ,and emotions . Do we really take them as Reponses or information from sensations? Something seems to go wrong with our understanding those reactions.

max greene wrote: (1) We can discuss this with our friends

Friends can also discuss on this thread. Very nice to meet you ,sir, on the thread after a long time.

Tom Paine wrote: What is important is to understand the fact, isn't it?

Yes.

Tom Paine wrote: What thought and emotion are actually doing...rather than strive to be without "interference from thought"

Yes.

It is long time since the poster found it to post in this thread. He has been haunted by few dating website with several of their sensations creating packages to get him into their full memberships. He has been vexed with their supply of thought interfered sensations, and he has been ignoring them. But the mail box was just filled with dating mails. He was advised to unsubscribe .He did it, but of no avail. It appears that there is a closing form for unsubscribing. Form needed a final comment on why he was unsubscribing, so the poster has to write this: “I have stopped depending on thought interfered sensations. You cannot supply sensations anything other than thought provoked. I have to find myself pure sensations that my senses supply. Thank you.” Probably one is sure of what thought provoked sensations are. But can one really observe one’s pure sensations without interference from thought process? This is what must be interesting to those who visit this site.

Topic: A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future. Sat, 22 Jun 2013

'The self, the consciousness of the me and the mine, is built up through craving, by a series of thoughts and feelings not only in the past but by the influence of that past in the present. We are the result of the past; our being is founded in it. The many interrelated layers of our consciousness are the out come of the past. This past is to be studied and understood through the living present; through the data of the present the past is uncovered. In studying the self and its cause, craving, we shall begin to understand the way of ignorance and sorrow. To merely deny craving, to merely oppose its many expressions is not to transcend it but to continue in it. To deny worldliness is still to be worldly; but if you understand the ways of craving then the tyranny of the opposites, possession and non-possession, merit and demerit, ceases. If we deeply inquire into craving, meditating upon it, becoming aware of its deeper and wider significance and so begin to transcend it, we shall awaken to a new, different faculty which is not begotten of craving nor of the conflict of the opposites. Through constant self-awareness there comes unidentifying observation, the study of the self without judgment. Through this awareness the many layers of self-consciousness are discovered and understood. Self-knowledge brings right thinking which alone will free thought-feeling from craving and its many conflicting sorrows.'(22-06-2013)

This is something to think over.

Topic: Civilized Sat, 06 Apr 2013

Arthur Landon wrote: Consciousness is what the organism does via the brain, and "you" are it.

May be it is half truth. And brain is also a highly energetic content of my consciousness. Can it be outside my consciousness or human consciousness?

Topic: Civilized Sat, 06 Apr 2013

Arthur Landon wrote: We like to think we're more independent of organisms and natural processes than we truly are.

I think I must beg to differ with you on this issue. I started with the notion that I am the organism, I am made to believe that I am independent of organism(tradition), fact is :it appears that organism is so influential and powerful content of my consciousness, it is tough to convincing (one)myself that I am independent of organism. Organism is in my consciousness.

Topic: Yourself Wed, 03 Apr 2013

Arthur Landon wrote: Your life is a play in which you're taken with your character until you're taken offstage where you are an actor, nothing but characters, no one in particular.

Does this mean one is never oneself at any point of the time? Characters(thoughts)?

Topic: The Teaching Sun, 31 Mar 2013

Arthur Landon wrote: So is direct perception real or imagined? If you feel you presently have or may suddenly acquire this ability, you pooh-pooh the question.

For a honest enquirer into these questions is, certainly the answer is "I do not know". Then one might ask 'how long one would take to find the answer?' . It depends on how deeply one could probe into the nature of thought, that much long it would take. One is caught in time. It reduces to purely to a problem of patients of the enquirer.

Topic: Life & Living Thu, 28 Mar 2013

pavani rao wrote: Well some body seems to be quite rich there , can afford to go all the way to attend K gathering in Ojai . :)

Oh! Not at all.

pavani rao wrote: Or may be you too are one of my kinds . Gone there to spend time with children and enjoying the double bonus of doing what we all consider to be one of it's kinds>>purposes of listening and attending to these gatherings at least once to see and feel what it's like ?! :)

And,this is true.My daughter resides in St.Paul.I came with her in november after her mothers demise,and would be back to Hyderabad in mid May..Sure I shall report once I am back from Ojai if there is anything really worth while to doing so.

Topic: Life & Living Mon, 25 Mar 2013

Eve G. wrote: Keep in mind that today Ojai and Ojai of the past are far from being the same. But there are several places where there is an opportunity to see Ojai pictures before and after the war.

Is that so?I shall watch it.I am leaving St.Pual,Minneapolis for Ojai on 7 -04-2013 for Spring Programme for about a week.I should be able to see what it is at this moment.

Topic: Life & Living Mon, 11 Mar 2013

pavani rao wrote: The point to ponder / reflect upon here is though the specific qualities described by K to different nationalities may be applicable to a great extent but may not be very valid in the same sequence as he himself referred to all that as a very generalization … it would be good to explore into the words of tradition , fragmentation , broken up … just to site a few . And I also feel in the increasing scenario of shrinking borders , nationalities and the world’s global village is there any mind specifically pertained to any country ? life is celebration

Perhaps that is the typical mind set of an individual who intends to go to a place of "land of opportunities.There are several Indians migrated to U.S.A just as a reaction to (though not much due to cast,but they still feel for their cast)cast politics.U.S.A is perhaps a place of opportunities who had some traditional absurdities in their place of origin.

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 903 in total