Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

john Campbell's Forum Posts

Forum: General Discussion

Displaying posts 451 - 480 of 535 in total
Topic: What's Wrong? Sun, 12 Aug 2012

Paul Davidson wrote: Pleaes think before you post.

Hush,hush now . Why Religion May Not be Hard-Wired - Newsweek and The Daily ...www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2009/...

lidlo lady wrote: other. People become believers for all kinds of reasons and remain reasonable so as not to become believers

for sure,but circumstances count a lot.

lidlo lady wrote: What kind of mind can believe it is doing this?

Many neurobiologist are now thinking that the brain is hard wired to believe in God,unreality or whatever ,be it K-ism ,Katholicism,Kudism or whatever.. This may be but is not necessarily true. Neuroscientist however have discovered that deep meditation can block certain brain circuitry which in turn may alter ones sense of reality. There are some evolutionary psychologist who believe that the brain,rather than being hard wired for God is instead a default system for stress,and that the more dysfuntional a society becomes,the more religious it is to be, the USA for example. This does not mean that you have to live in a dysfuntional society to become dysfuntional,(you can do this all by yourself),but it helps. So it seems that living in a sucessful or a dysfuntional society (or possessing a funtional or dysfuntional brain) can alter ones brain circuitry one way or the other.

Topic: Consciousness under the Glass Sat, 11 Aug 2012

Ravi Seth wrote: gyana' points to the seeing that is not of thought.

Hosea can you see, That this guys not to bright, La la la....

Topic: Consciousness under the Glass Sat, 11 Aug 2012

Ravi Seth wrote: My people are being destroyed because they don't know me

Naw..Hosea 4:6..King James..Cambridge ED. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.....

You wacked knowledge and struck out. Yogi Berra.. New York ED.

Topic: Consciousness under the Glass Fri, 10 Aug 2012

max greene wrote: We worship knowledge, but it is not knowledge that is essential to understanding.

....people will be destroyed for lack of knowledge. Hosea 4:16

I,m not religeous but I think that Hosey has a good point here.

Topic: Consciousness under the Glass Fri, 10 Aug 2012

Ravi Seth wrote: unable to take a jump

Which building did you have in mind??

Topic: Persona Non Grata Fri, 10 Aug 2012

Katy 9 wrote: or 'persona non grata'... I have,, I don't have - I don't 'act'...........

Have a good beer, Have a good scream, Have a good rest, Have your 'I's' checked.

Sincerely. Bon Chance.

Topic: The Hollow Core of Krishnamurti's Teaching Fri, 10 Aug 2012

lidlo lady wrote: Is it possible that all they know is how desperately they want it to be possible?

All good fishermen and all confidence men know,that when the hook is set,you own the fish.Some shake loose. No accusation here,just a brewing thought,in an open mind.

Topic: Observer/Observed Fri, 10 Aug 2012

Paul Davidson wrote: I do not know what the optimum condition may be but it is clear that we fall horrendously short of it.

Theory of (whatever) maybe could fit here,belief then becomes suspended,and not able to shackle freedom,and so, free thought, remains free.

Topic: Consciousness under the Glass Thu, 09 Aug 2012

max greene wrote: Consciousness cannot be defined as the recall of facts and images from memory since the recall of facts and images is a mechanical, biological function of the brain

Amazing, that you are conscious enough to recall the facts and words from memory to write all of this.You must have quite the mechanic to hotwire this car.

Topic: new guidelines Thu, 09 Aug 2012

r j wrote: ah! I see you have also read 'an interior decorators guide to innner happiness' It's a great work isn't it. You have copied the story from the brilliant chapter 'change your wallpaper - change your life'

ah!you grunt. Feelings hurt or did you sit on your finger?? This very interesting case history,easily explains,without being sucked into a black hole of neurological science, the difficulties of memory.Why complicate everything?? This is a general discussion. However,if you haven't the attention span or depth of a fly on the wall, "SWATHE".

lidlo lady wrote: But don't imagine you can be it because you cannot.

Exactly! Thank you.

lidlo lady wrote: entirety, can save your life. Its the big picture that counts,it seems to me. If I can be empty, who's to say? I can say "This container is empty", but if the container is me, there's no way it can ever be empty under my watch, and if my watch isn't good enough for your timeless, selfless, choiceless non-watcher, then phooey

I was saying that I don't think that you can empty the brain. I have no idea what Ladybug is trying to add to/take away from, this. Again please,if I may ask.

Katy 9 wrote: A person who cannot remember events is not fully functioning or much use to another person.

Case history: Man is cought in bed with another mans wife and is beaten severely. Later,this man marries and moves into apartment with his wife. Things do not go well in bedroom,this makes no sense because they are in love. So now he seeks help,and is put under hypnois by his psychologist,and they discover that the wallpaper in the new bedroom is the same as the wallpaper in the affair bedroom. Wallpaper is changed,Yahooo.

I believe K talked about emptying ones mind after each day,leaving it nice and clean ,and 'hollow' etc.You can see clearly from the above case history that much,much more enters the brainways than the conscious mind needs to know at that moment,and so therefore it is not possible to empty it,try as you may, and more inportant,having the will and expertise to examine such an event in its entirety, can save your life. Its the big picture that counts,it seems to me.

Topic: Thinking Together Wed, 08 Aug 2012

Paul Davidson wrote: You could Google 'Life In The Shadow With J.Krishnamurti' by Radha Rajagopal Sloss

Yep,ok.I was after reading your piece at Amazon but did not realize where it came from. I kindled the book'shadow' but the other is not available for E-book and cost to much for what people say is only a short piece.I,m thinking that the comment section kinda covers it anyway. Thanks. J

Topic: Thinking Together Tue, 07 Aug 2012

lidlo lady wrote: John, if you're interested in this bit of history, read the book. You can also read the rebuttal to the book by K's biographer, Mary Lutyens

Merci; I will look for them.

Paul Davidson wrote: Investigate the emotions, fears and prejudices that might bring one to such a statement so readily, John - if I may suggest

You may indeed.Actually I did not wish to jump the gun and I did consider this but the picture seemed to me to be so un-K like ( he does have an image) that I jumped anyway.I've been through such several times in the past and it has created a bad emotion in me that sometimes takes over.So for the time being until I find the books,he remains a prick.Sorry.But just a little.

Paul Davidson wrote: In which case you are a remarkable human being.

Well,hmmm, that sure answers a few of my questions.

Paul Davidson wrote: only served K-man coffee after the deed. Well, it seems this is you 'playing Sherlock' John. It is better to ask factual questions on such matters than making 'a good bet.

Why bring Jack Web into it?Jus'da facks mam. I was looking for some answers from the forum,to avoid the bookstore.With the K-bibles in mind,it is a very good bet and would not be allowed in Vagas. A bet is much different than an accusation. Your statement was very leading;affair,decades,underlings wife,cover up etc.all kinds of questions ,all kinds of I bet ya,pop up and so if the forum is all about killing /protecting Mr.K ,at least a good part of it, I would be expecting a good exchange.What has happened??Except for you and ladybug,not a peep.Now I have to go and read another f....g book while at present I have seven others on the go.No Paul,I say that sometimes it is necessary to 'make a good bet'just to get the ball rolling.Looks like I struck out on this one.

Paul Davidson wrote: But you jump to unfounded conclusions, John. It is not a "game-breaker" nor was it a "disgusting betrayal of a friend." But then, you know that already. I used the term 'underling' while you used the term 'friend,' which shows you actually have prior knowledge and false intent. You seem to be playing a silly provocative game

Well with all the talk of friendship,relationship in the K-mart, it would be a good bet that the 'underling'would be a friend of some sort,even if he only served K-man coffee after the deed.Your attempt at playing Sherlock is quite stupid to say the least.I had no prior knowledge whatsoever and I do not play games,provocative or not.Hmm..I wonder who the real players are??Any idea?? Maybe eh.These events are often game breakers,now thats common knowledge.Now if you are banging your friends wife,what kind of betrayal is it???or maybe in K-land its a gift for the God.Get with it. I was under the impression that the forum was for exchanging knowledge and ideas and asking questions and recieving civil answers. I suggest that maybe you give a little more thought to matters before you start kicking the crib and spitting out childish bla... Better yet,maybe a glass of lime juice would do the trick.

Paul Davidson wrote: Please tell.....This is a game breaker if it is true No need to prove something which is common knowledge and in the public domain. Read "Life In The Shadow of Krishnamurti," and the reply put out by the K foundation, "Krishnamurti and the Rajagopols

It is not common knowledge except maybe to some K-folk/ I will look for the material and decide for myself if it is a cheap shot or otherwise!!

ganesan balachandran wrote: john Campbell wrote:

It is remarkable that the affair of K with his underling's wife, which continued for decades, has been entirely air-brushed from the official biographies

John Campbell did not write this.

Topic: Correct Me If I'm Wrong Tue, 07 Aug 2012

lidlo lady wrote: What makes you think you're "thinking freely" now?

I'm free to explore the idea that Bill Gates does not control my mind yet and also free to think about your very good question, so at least this is a degree of freedom,that is until your supreme court tells your pres.to tell our PM that theres a nut loose in Toronto who thinks that he is free. This may not be the joke that I was attempting when you "think" about it.

lidlo lady wrote: No, it doesn't imagine an unlimited future. It imagines what's likely, or what it would like to happen.

Naaa,I imagine an unlimited future is likely,but only if we are allowed to keep thinking freely.

lidlo lady wrote: john Campbell wrote:

I don't get this,we have come from 'cavemen' to 'spacemen'and we are not quite finished yet,..like unlimited maybe??..Psychologically? Yes.Unlimited. Thought's "limitation" is that it is a function of memory, which means it is the past meeting the present; it can do no more than it has the content and the competence to do

Exactly my point,it sees the past and imagines the furure to be unlimited.There is no escaping this reality.

lidlo lady wrote: he was convinced his brain had undergone this transformation

If he was not kidding everyone, and he really did believe it, and if it is not really possible, as some suggest,then it has to be self hypnois,the point being,all things considered,'he was convinced'.If he was playing games,well he couldn't tell could he;he did mention to try these things yourself ,and so,youe are left in the dark,one way or the(??the other??).

Paul Davidson wrote: It is remarkable that the affair of K with his underling's wife, which continued for decades, has been entirely air-brushed from the official biographies

????Please tell.....This is a game breaker if it is true ,and now that you have brought it in ,I,m thinking that you are obliged to prove it.Most con artist especially of the religious variety,seem to have this trait. This is for sure leaving thought behind and at least mind over matter. Not to mention the discusting betrayal of a friend.

Topic: Correct Me If I'm Wrong Mon, 06 Aug 2012

lidlo lady wrote: thought realizes its limitation.

I don't get this,we have come from 'cavemen' to 'spacemen'and we are not quite finished yet,..like unlimited maybe??..Psychologically? Yes.Unlimited.

lidlo lady wrote: no rational explanation of how it's even possible.

Maybe self hypnois?? Also it may be possible to alter brain chemistry,(well you can with drugs) and brain circuitry also .However,I can't see this as altering reality,well maybe until suppertime.

Topic: Fellowship Mon, 06 Aug 2012

lidlo lady wrote: Huh?

In the making.If the story 'ever'ends there should be a moral,'to the story'.I have taken the liberty of using the word 'story'.

Topic: Fellowship Mon, 06 Aug 2012

lidlo lady wrote: What's "moral" about drawing attention to something that needs be examined?

OK,close enough;'a moral in the oven.'

Displaying posts 451 - 480 of 535 in total