Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

max greene's Forum Posts

Forum: General Discussion

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 5845 in total
Topic: Certainty Thu, 12 May 2016

Jack Pine wrote: If we are "choicelessly aware", giving our whole attention to something, is there certainty or uncertainty?

I would say there is neither. The question of certainty or uncertainty just doesn't come up. There is just the movement of awareness.

Topic: Certainty Thu, 12 May 2016

Jack Pine wrote: Can we discuss that certainty, describe it without making a conclusion about it?

Are you looking for a yes or no answer? In which case you are looking for a conclusion.

Are you looking just for the sake of inquiry? In which case you have come to the conclusion that this is the best approach.

Topic: Was the world ready for K ? Thu, 12 May 2016

This is not a matter of pronouns. It is simply that there is no one separate from the consciousness. There is nobody who is conscious. Is this what you meant?

Topic: Was the world ready for K ? Wed, 11 May 2016

Tom,

I can't use my e-mail, and haven't been able to do so for over a month.

Jean,

The world was, and is, ready for Krishnamurti and for us. But we are not ready for the world. We are not ready for nature and the unfolding of the present. We want to live in the past. The world is now, the present.

Careful, Tom. He's back.

Jack Pine wrote: The question is can we see these things in ourselves? Can we see how deeply entrenched they are in our consciousness?

There is no "we" who is going to see any of this. There is no "we" as an observer, no "we" who has a consciousness. "We" are consciousness.

Topic: Rule # 5 Wed, 11 May 2016

There is tediousness only in stopping and repetition. Awareness is neither repetitive nor does it stop. Once awareness stops, we have memory and the repetition of memory.

Sorry to vary from the topic, Jack and Brian. You should not have replied to my post.

Topic: Rule # 5 Wed, 11 May 2016

Patricia Hemingway wrote: The Jean Gatti Show is very tedious.

Tediousness indicates a lack of understanding. For the person who is aware, nothing is tedious, nothing is repetitious. Awareness is movement and the forever new.

Topic: The Golden Rule Wed, 11 May 2016

Jack Pine wrote: You seem to be so preoccupied with defending yourself that you don't listen to what others are saying to you.

It seems natural to be preoccupied by defense when you are being attacked from all sides.

Topic: Why did you do that, Jack? Tue, 10 May 2016

You locked your topic so that you could have the last word. That's what you did. I was going to ask you whether you wanted me to delete my posts. Since I couldn't ask, I just went ahead and did it.

And I can't send an e-mail to you as my account has locked up again. Coincidence? Guess it is.

Topic: Why did you do that, Jack? Tue, 10 May 2016

I suddenly am unable to post to your "Violations . . . "topic, and my e-mail account is deactivated again. Got any words on this? Or maybe it is just coincidence.

Topic: From Another Topic Sat, 07 May 2016

No, I am talking about time as "past" and "future." There is no such "time." There is never anything but the present. The present is not in the least psychological. It is reality itself.

Of course there is time used as a measure of distance and sequence. This is time invented by the mind of man.

Jack Pine wrote: Especially the one about physical time . . .

As you say, no need to debate. "The past" obviously is just human memory brought forward and made a reality, here in the present, through physical reaction. And the future? Never anything but conjecture. In effect, left to their own devices, there is no past and there is no future. There is just the reality of the present.

Yes, no need to debate the obvious here.

Jack Pine wrote: . . .conclusions based on unsupported subjective opinions.

Please point out these unsupported conclusions and opinions so that they can be discussed and put to rest. Discussion is the purpose of these forums.

Jack Pine wrote: I was just wondering how many times you planned to repeat . . .

It takes repetition. We sent soldiers onto Omaha Beach, thousands of them, all alike, repetitive, images of each other, over and over, same training, indoctrinated. How do you think we beat those no-good Germans?

Why do you keep hammering on Jean with the same over-and-over whines?

Who said that I did? Apparently you are worried about it. You care.

Topic: From Another Topic Fri, 06 May 2016

Tom,

I am not at all interested in the details of one's life, no matter who that "one" might be. I am interested in what he had to say. How about you?

Topic: From Another Topic Fri, 06 May 2016

Autobiography is egoism and biography is voyeurism, and there is not much more to be said about them.

Topic: Karma chain can be broken ... Thu, 05 May 2016

Consciousness does appear to be nothing but thinking and thought.

Tom,

Thought gives actuality and continuity to memory, and this actuality/continuity we call "the past." "Karma" has no meaning without this imaginary, thought-engendered past.

Jean Gatti wrote: Why does self knowledge influence and ultimately break karma?

Karma infers a continuity, and the self is an entity -- imaginary, but nevertheless an entity -- that we believe is a continuing "us."

The realization that the self is imaginary and that the self simply does not exist, the realization that there is no entity other than a physical body subject to physical laws, would seem to do away with the nonsense of "karma."

Topic: The process of consciousness Thu, 28 Apr 2016

Jean Gatti wrote: Aren't you aware when not thinking ?

Yes. The human being is a physical body together with awareness. The psychological -- which is thinking and thought -- is a fabrication by the brain. This fabrication, of course, is not a part of the human structure itself.

My question was rhetorical, in that nearly everyone considers himself to be a psychological fabrication.

Jeez, I don't know. It's all so theoretical -- duality, fields, beyond time.

I see consciousness as thought. When I'm not thinking, what and where am I?

So, Jack, there isn't 100% agreement that consciousness is just the process of thinking and thought. Surprise, surprise.

Yes, how can a process be a field? Yet there it is, in black and white -- identified as a field in one place and identified as a process in another. This is the reason why quotations and citations are worthless. We have to look into things for ourselves.

Since this is seen by all as the truth, that consciousness is nothing but thinking and thought -- yes, I agree. There is nothing more to discuss.

Jack Pine wrote: Can you find out what consciousness is, whether it is or isn't a process, by thinking about it?

No, one cannot "find out" anything by thinking about it. Thinking is merely the recall and rehash of memory, it is not a discovery of the new and unknown.

So one has has to look into consciousness to see what it is. What is consciousness, to you, when you look at it? It appears to me to be thinking and thought.

Jack,

It is a good question. Is consciousness a process? I would say that it is, as consciousness is the process of thinking. Consciousness is thought.

Topic: K's awakening Wed, 27 Apr 2016

I would say that it is because we don't realize that it is not wakefulness that is the question. The question is, why are we so dull and insensitive? What is it that interferes with our sensitivity and awareness?

Topic: K's awakening Wed, 27 Apr 2016

We are alive, so we are "awake." The question is better put, why are we asleep and insensitive?

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 5845 in total