Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

dhirendra singh's Forum Posts

Forum: General Discussion

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 2984 in total
Topic: Meeting with Eva Sun, 22 Jan 2017

randall merryman wrote: Words that bring comfort and a warm fuzzy feeling of security are always welcome on this forum. One can see that by the responses on this very thread. However, words that do not bring a happy friendly feel, are generally avoided and frequently blasted as an enemy. And you know, as history has shown, I have few if any comforting words.........soooooo, "I'll just sit here on this bank of sand and watch the river flow". ;)

You said it perfectly.physical security is one thing, but we are more in another kind of security, i am the best, everyone must know it and must keep in mind.;)

Topic: Meeting with Eva Fri, 13 Jan 2017

randall merryman wrote: ;) I have learned to keep my mouth shut, sir. We will let the world turn and the sun shine and the rain fall, without comment.

We should also let the words flow:).

Topic: Meeting with Eva Fri, 13 Jan 2017

pavani rao wrote: Hi Dhirendra

Hello Pavani

Nice to see you here:).

Topic: Meeting with Eva Mon, 09 Jan 2017

Mina Martini wrote: Wonderful to hear that, Dhirendra!

:).

Topic: Meeting with Eva Mon, 09 Jan 2017

randall merryman wrote: wonder what K himself might say about a statement like this?

;). What will you say?

Topic: Meeting with Eva Mon, 09 Jan 2017

Jack, yes, she is still teaching and will continue to teach for few more years, before she retires.

Topic: Meeting with Eva Sat, 07 Jan 2017

Recently Eva, an old member of this site, visited India.Meeting with her was a very refreshing experience. knowing somebody virtually and actually meeting somebody are not one thing. its first time I have meet somebody who is influenced by K, and its great to see that K teaching transforms, it makes better human being. My whole family cherish her company, her affectionate nature.I learned many things. Language is not the only communication tool, I think there was good communication even though I lack the sufficient words and sentences in this language, and in addition I have hearing problem.

Well it changed my previous instance, that if you don't transform then K teaching is waste, now I feel K teaching has very positive enriching effect on life even if you don't transform.

alt text

Topic: QOTD (3/9/16) Sat, 03 Sep 2016

Tom Paine wrote: How the hell people type on a phone is beyond me.

Matter of to be used to...I mostly type on phone, as doing now...but keyboard is definitely a better option.

Topic: Recommend, like, clap- clap... Sat, 03 Sep 2016

randall merryman wrote: Hypocrisy comes when we pretend to understand the first step, while constantly discussing the second and third step. Don't pretend, be an idiot (not personal). Listen well, life will explain itself very clearly. Resistance (intellectual gymnastics as explainations) is the painful factor.

Agreed.

Topic: QOTD (3/9/16) Sat, 03 Sep 2016

Really an important quote pointing to a fundamental thing. It's very rare thing to be alone, to not be engaged in something all the time. I have never been alone...

Topic: Our responsability as an individual Thu, 01 Sep 2016

Rich Nolet wrote: So in a way, we are all of us alone. We can't count on no one, if I may say. Individual regeneration, mutation, radical revolution, transformation; aren't they many words pointing to the same thing then? The individual is the world. Can one see this ? Is it a reality for you ?

Though I am not seeing in same manner, but the essence is, all one can do is, act on himself, change transform or live intelligently is ones own business, what most of us do wrong is, we keep advising,criticizing others,but this bring no change, only effective way to bring any change is individuals own actions.

Topic: Recommend, like, clap- clap... Thu, 01 Sep 2016

randall merryman wrote: The mechanical/robotic/automatic response of the human thinking mechanism can only comprehend 1.....not 1....and default. Reward-punishment-anger/fright (fear).

True, though if we understand this then why we promote it here, in a K place, discussing K and behaving just opposite isn't hypocrisy?

Topic: Recommend, like, clap- clap... Thu, 01 Sep 2016

randall merryman wrote: Clap-clap.......Jolly good show mate! Love you----hugs! ;)

:-) thanks

Topic: Recommend, like, clap- clap... Mon, 29 Aug 2016

Katy Alias wrote: I have just recommended your reply !:)

Thank you for appreciation, it keeps me motivated ;)

Topic: Recommend, like, clap- clap... Mon, 29 Aug 2016

Katy Alias wrote: We don't always have to say formally, 'yes, I agree' or 'bravo, well said' or post a smile, we can just hit the recommend button instead.

Hi Katy

Nice to see you too :) I keep counting my recommend numbers, and it become an approval...though not a big issue or may be it is;)

Topic: Recommend, like, clap- clap... Mon, 29 Aug 2016

Everyone wants reward, it is there in schools, in work place, in politics, in social work, in forms of grades, money , fame, it's there in Facebook as like button, and its here as recommend button...What if it was not there, the recommend button in this k forum? More votes decide the truth? Listeners of K often clapped during his talks, and he never considered it worthwhile. So why is a K site not being aware of the same old rewarding business, and avoid it. Possibly its not a big issue, but possibly it is...

Topic: Tiger killing a deer is manifestation of "order" of the universe? Sat, 15 Aug 2015

Dan McDermott wrote: If the tiger was an 'error', it certainly was a magnificent one.

Not more magnificent than human brain...is it?

Topic: Tiger killing a deer is manifestation of "order" of the universe? Sat, 15 Aug 2015

Paul, I agree with your above post.

And nature is not necessarily perfect, there is possibility that its working in trial and error method, in this process tiger may be an error, so the many other things....

Topic: Tiger killing a deer is manifestation of "order" of the universe? Thu, 13 Aug 2015

Dan McDermott wrote: This doesn't seem to make sense. Listening to K. doesn't make him into a 'religion' anymore than listening to you makes you into a 'religion'.

Well sir, I only meant that if you accept them as final words, as proof, as authority.

Topic: Tiger killing a deer is manifestation of "order" of the universe? Thu, 13 Aug 2015

Aseem Kumar wrote: K has said (not exact words) somewhere, "It is the thought that itself realizes what it is doing (it is creating disorder) and becomes quiet".

Right, Sudhir, K had said, thought itself must deny itself. Thought itself sees what it is doing and therefore thought itself realizes that it has to come of itself to an end. There is no other factor than itself. Therefore when thought realizes that whatever it does, any movement it makes is disorder (we are taking that as an example) then there is silence. So this means what?, it can't decide that killing or whatever is order or disorder, because whatever 'thought does' itself is disorder, but again these are K's words, far from reality for us, not a first hand thing for us/me.

Topic: Tiger killing a deer is manifestation of "order" of the universe? Thu, 13 Aug 2015

By logic one can prove that x or y is order or disorder, but it's a conclusion not a fact.

And what K had stated is need not to accept, it make him religion.

K is Q, i.e. questioning, and fundamental question is, can thought ever see what is order?

Not to look at K's answers, because it makes K as crap as other religions

Topic: cuckoo in other bird's nest... Mon, 10 Aug 2015

About some points raised here... 1. Why to discuss K's private life? Well, then what is K's biographies which K himself not only approved but also motivated to writers of these biographies to write them...where we can read most crap things about K, so are we allowed to read K's private life which suits to his good image? This site is about K and if one doesn't examine teacher and teaching both, most possibly he is going to believe every tom dick and herry...because every one can repeat second hand things, thousands are doing this but living totally opposite the teaching, K himself had answered about diagnosing fake Gurus by their fake conduct.

2.Why to try to fit K in a traditional image of saint or non-saint?

Again, I never think K as black or white, but as real not as fake, because how a fake can speak about finding out the truth, about seeing the facts...so there is nothing wrong in finding facts about K's life, they don't make him less saint or anything... 3. We should discuss our life, our affairs, in spite of discussing K's life.... At Kinfo, K is center topic of discussion which includes his teaching, and his life, where there are always need of doubting, questioning, both his life and his teaching, otherwise we deny his teaching which is about questioning, inquiring and finding reality of what is. Though no problem if anyone want to discuss his own life and affairs, I have already discussed my share here ;).

Lastly, I feel human race had been trapped in fake Gurus mainly because their private life was not allowed to questioned and discussed, so they preached the things which they never lived. I don't think K was in favor to hide anything about his life, otherwise why he would have dared to file lawsuit against Raja, who was able to expose his affairs.

Topic: What are dulling factors? Sun, 09 Aug 2015

paul daniel wrote: Hello dhirendra, long time no see....good to meet you ..

Hello Dan...nice to meet you too :)

I get your point that analytic mind has nothing to do with "it"...

And nice to read you :)

Topic: What are dulling factors? Sun, 09 Aug 2015

randall merryman wrote: So what will we do then my friend? Wait until the next severe psychological disturbance, before we once again seek out 'burden of such heavy philosophy"? ;)

Well, I am trying to understand life from early childhood, but I can't fake enlightenment...like fake orgasm...do law of average work? like among 7 million sperms a single sperm get chance to meet ovum and develop..

Topic: cuckoo in other bird's nest... Sun, 09 Aug 2015

randall merryman wrote: Implications being what? That K was a "randy bugger"? That he let his sexual desires/instincts upset the local/universal traditional norms/values/morals? Maybe it's just possible that the human entity can be much less unbalanced psychologically, but still be the wild beast his/her natural heritage dictates? ;)

Well, I liked K's secret affair...really missed K's love letters...curious how an enlightened write love letter....like, darlings can't live without you a moment...my heart beats only for you or it would be different?

Though it was hard to swallow that K forced rosa for abortion, why was he not using protection ?....

Topic: cuckoo in other bird's nest... Sun, 09 Aug 2015

Jack Pine wrote: Have you ever seen a picture of Roselind when she was young? She was extremely beautiful and probably very charming. Krishnamurti, especially in his later years, never said don't have sex. He said don't make a problem out of it. If you're going to do it then do it.

fully agreed...

Topic: cuckoo in other bird's nest... Sun, 09 Aug 2015

Patricia Hemingway wrote: "Rosalind the heroin" - I like that. Goes really well with "Raja the hero".

:)

Topic: cuckoo in other bird's nest... Sun, 09 Aug 2015

Frank Smith wrote: Mary Lutyens "Krishnamurti and The Rajagopals" :

Yes, its other side of coin...

p.s. i have not read this book...can you send its soft-copy... ?

Topic: cuckoo in other bird's nest... Sun, 09 Aug 2015

Pavil Davidov wrote: Interesting to hear your impression, Dhirendra. Forgive me as I can't recall something. Where and how does Radha paint her father a "hero?"

:) Hi Paul...well book has three main character, and in bollywood style, if I search for hero among these three, K doesn't fit there, its Raja.

Topic: What are dulling factors? Sat, 08 Aug 2015

randall merryman wrote: Why, after all these centuries, can we not find a way to see/hear without the distortion/bias/interference of our conditioning? Are we too stupid?

Well mainly because, we are going to die...so why to take burden of such heavy philosophy...or truth whatever...though no problem if it happens by chance...as it happened to you or K or...

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 2984 in total