Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Was K Depressed?

Displaying posts 31 - 60 of 135 in total
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #31
Thumb_deleted_user_med Muad dhib Ireland 175 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
find yourself more of a 'feel-good' guru to follow - there are plenty of them.

Hello Patricia, long time no see ! how are you those days ?

about guru yes, we had one suitable for some here , his name is google yogi anurada....He should fit some needs..<:@)

Dan.....

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #32
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1929 posts in this forum Offline

Hi Dan - Yes, the yogi a, and there is always BobM also. He's banned here I suspect.

How is life on the beautiful Emerald Isle?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #33
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

There is only one K though! But the teaching of K is not for everyone.

Yes! :)

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #34
Thumb_avatar Angela Moody United States 12 posts in this forum Offline

Perpetual as in "continuing forever". (Not a product of humanity, nor time: No beginning, no end.)

Agenda: as in flushing out the defensive, angry, depressed, and the kind hearts. (Remarkable how K's mental condition or quality of life is such a sore spot.) Also, curious as to who drove off my dear friend from these forums.

GB, I understand now and see the truth in what you wrote.

Paul, I've read extensively K, I don't think anything about the teachings is crazy. I have no reason to defend them either.

Question: where is love in these forums' writings? Perhaps, these discussions require too much thought to adequately percolate love. Or could it be these discussions generate anger, which is not love?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #35
Thumb_deleted_user_med Muad dhib Ireland 175 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Hi Dan - Yes, the yogi a, and there is always BobM also. He's banned here I suspect.

How is life on the beautiful Emerald Isle?

Nice to hear from you....well you have some of bob's writing on artofinquiry I guess..

Life on the Emerald Ireland is quite slow those days , I heard that there is a crisis ,not many jobs and poor bankers are asking for tips...But it is ok like a friend of mine says : I am not searching for job but only for money..
I like that one..

We move up to the top of Ireland near by the sea , the surrounding is spectacular....well nothing as warm as your place , which is what I need...

Take care...all the best.

Dan.....

Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #36
Thumb_avatar Light Hunter Portugal 46 posts in this forum Offline

Angela Moody wrote:
But he also seemed to be easily angered and impatient with people he'd talk to

How do you know? I am curious! it is new!

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #37

Angela Moody wrote:
Or could it be these discussions generate anger, which is not love?

These discussion generate "What is'that is all! Behavior is an indication of the working of our minds.Does love have an opposite?:)

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #38

Angela Moody wrote:
Or could it be these discussions generate anger, which is not love?

Anger is opposite to love. One cannot/is not in love with minute of anger in heart. Did k only talked love? many do & have anger.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #39
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5770 posts in this forum Offline

Angela, what is depression? Who is depressed? If there is no center, no "I", no "ego" can there be depression? Did K have a center, a psychological center that could be hurt, depressed, angry, sad etc? Is it possible not to have a psychological center?

And does love have an opposite? Is love the opposite of hate or anger or is it what is left when we stop escaping from what is and see what is without conclusion or reaction?

To get the right answers you need to ask the right questions.

Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #40

Jack Pine wrote:
Did K have a center, a psychological center that could be hurt, depressed, angry, sad etc? Is it possible not to have a psychological center?

K had a center. And depressed. Who is believing otherwise?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #41
Thumb_stringio Paul Davidson United Kingdom 3659 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Light Hunter wrote:
K had a center

Yes. In fact several centres. One in the UK, one in the US and several in India.

"The ego is first and foremost a body ego." S. Freud

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #42
Thumb_stringio Paul Davidson United Kingdom 3659 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Angela Moody wrote:
Agenda: as in flushing out the defensive, angry, depressed, and the kind hearts.

Perhaps stick to flushing out the impacted matter in your own intestines, Angela. It is you who counts, not Tom, Dick or Harry.

As for me, this thread is too boring to pay it more attention and my time is more important than that. I recuse myself.

"The ego is first and foremost a body ego." S. Freud

This post was last updated by Paul Davidson (account deleted) Wed, 24 Aug 2011.

Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #43
Thumb_original_avatar max greene United States 5845 posts in this forum Offline

But the teaching of K is not for everyone.

Isn't it?

max

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #44
Thumb_original_avatar max greene United States 5845 posts in this forum Offline

Light Hunter wrote:
Anger is opposite to love

Is it possible to start with anger and through some string of actions arrive at love? Or is love totally separate from anger? If it is totally separate, then love is not the opposite of anger; it is something entirely different. If it is not separate, then it isn't love at all but it's the same old anger (hate) dressed up in its Sunday clothes.

max

Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #45
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 704 posts in this forum Offline

Angela Moody wrote:
Was K depressed? ... But he also seemed to be easily angered and impatient with people he'd talk to.

Hi Angela,

Unlike apparently everyone else here, I think it is fine for you to investigate whether K was depressed or not.

His public persona does not appear depressed. He seems sensible, reasonable in his talks and dialogues, sometimes passionate, sometimes a bit frustrated, but not depressed, not withdrawn.

Some who knew him personally felt that there was another side to him that was quite different than his public persona. For that you have to rely on accounts from those who knew him personally. Many who surrounded him were followers on some level or another, people who wanted to be close to him and supportive. For a different take, you can certainly read Sloss' Lives in the Shadow, which has both positive and negative views of his private persona.

There is little question that one of K's closest and most interesting associates, David Bohm, experienced depression. His depression seemed to intensify later in his life when he had a falling out and disillusionment with K.

The question of whether K experienced any depression is likely not a simple one. Who can know another? Many felt that K seemed to radiate love, to be surrounded by a feeling of love. That doesn't seem like depression. On the other hand, how would you feel if you spent your life trying to communicate matters of vital importance and at the end of it all feeling that no one had deep down really changed, really transformed?

Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #46

Paul Davidson wrote:
Yes. In fact several centres. One in the UK, one in the US and several in India.

What are you waiting for?

LOL..good one!:)

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #47

max greene wrote:

But the teaching of K is not for everyone.

Isn't it?

Hi Max..perhaps what Patricia is alluding to is that not everyone is interested in what he points to too go there themselves and find out? Of course Patricia could answer this in a way which is more exact.This is just what I see in it!:)

Wed, 24 Aug 2011 #48
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1929 posts in this forum Offline

max greene wrote:
Isn't it?

K himself said the teaching was not for everyone. And the fact of this is evident with people picking and choosing the bits of the teaching they like and disregarding the rest. And then blaming the man himself for the parts of the teaching that shake up the security of the 'self' - which is the whole point of it surely!

So clearly - the teaching is NOT for everyone. If it were, humanity would be vastly different - and it is not. Humanity is even more disordered now than when K was alive - the human brain even more senile. And this also K predicted.

Thu, 25 Aug 2011 #49

K dismissed 'hope' - and quite correctly. 'Hope' is the enemy of attention, and of finding out, and of standing alone. We can all 'hope together' can't we? Do you imagine that will work?

'Hope' is an excuse to sit securely and complacently on one's butt, and wait (hopefully) for it all to 'get better'.

This post was last updated by Patricia Hemingway Thu, 25 Aug 2011.

Thu, 25 Aug 2011 #50

Angela Moody wrote:
Question: where is love in these forums' writings?

What is your definition of 'love'?

Thu, 25 Aug 2011 #51

Muad dheeb wrote:
I heard that there is a crisis ,not many jobs and poor bankers are asking for tips...

LOL - yes I seem to have heard something to that effect also.......

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 #52

Paul Davidson wrote:

Yes, there are/were more, me thinks. One K used to visit was reason for depression.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 #53

max greene wrote:
But the teaching of K is not for everyone

Angela wrote, it for depressed.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 #54

max greene wrote:
Is it possible to start with anger and through some string of actions arrive at love? Or is love totally separate from anger? If it is totally separate, then love is not the opposite of anger; it is something entirely different. If it is not separate, then it isn't love at all but it's the same old anger (hate) dressed up in its Sunday clothes.

K talked love = lustful love.
Anger & lustful love are two side of the coin, complementary. non exclusive.

Real love to all, not to opposite sex, comes when free in anger.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 #55

What is your definition of 'love'?

definition? Word is not the thing!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 #56

Light Hunter wrote:
definition? Word is not the thing!

How do you suggest we communicate on a forum without words?

Therefore to define what one means when one spouts on about 'love' is somewhat relevant, is it not?

Thu, 25 Aug 2011 #57

Light Hunter wrote:
Real love to all, not to opposite sex, comes when free in anger.

Is that a theory? Or is that your particular definition of 'love'?

This post was last updated by Patricia Hemingway Thu, 25 Aug 2011.

Thu, 25 Aug 2011 #58

How do you suggest we communicate on a forum without words?

"The word is not the thing" K said. All these are words. Communication.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 #59

Is that a theory? Or is that your particular definition of 'love'?

It is my understanding. You have to see it. Don't look for words, Try to sense it. Feel it. Word or definition is not the thing!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 #60

Light Hunter wrote:
It is my understanding. You have to see it. Don't look for words, Try to sense it. Feel it. Word or definition is not the thing!

Just a little ambiguous the above is! :)

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 31 - 60 of 135 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)