Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Sat. Aug. 27 K Quote

Displaying posts 61 - 85 of 85 in total
Wed, 31 Aug 2011 #61
Thumb_stringio Paul Davidson United Kingdom 3659 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
If open access to all K had to say over a fifty year period is not a guide - forget it!

Silly girl! I asked you to guide us as to where to look for those 'many followers' you talked of who say K lost the plot later on and who 'cling to' the 'early teachings.'

Open access to what K said over fifty years (why only fifty?) does not help me to locate the persons you mention. So, where do we look for them? Who are they?

I never met any.

"The ego is first and foremost a body ego." S. Freud

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Wed, 31 Aug 2011 #62
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

ganesan balachandran wrote:
It has got no connection

You are King of the irrelevant talks.:)

I don't know

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Wed, 31 Aug 2011 #63

Do you feel the vedic quotes irrelevant? Let us see:)

Can you not speak without them?:)

I don't know

Wed, 31 Aug 2011 #64

then you feel it irrelevant:)

But at least I understand (even verbally) them.:)

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 31 Aug 2011 #65
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

dhirendra singh wrote:
Whatever we express through words is incomplete.

:)

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 31 Aug 2011 #66

dhirendra singh wrote:
You are King of the irrelevant talks.:)

Oh goody..lets play King of the mountain! Have not played that game since grade school!:)

Wed, 31 Aug 2011 #67
Thumb_avatar Ravi Seth India 1573 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Davidson wrote:
Who are they?

Most of the Theosophists including whom they have influenced plus many traditional Indians or even people from many other countries today, have this in their mind that 'k''s revelations were due to the Lord speaking through him and not he as a person had any role in it. They support it by citing difference in k's behavior in public and in private.They say later on 'k' lost it. ( pupul's book specifically deals with this aspect and she strongly denies that 'k' at any time lost it. )

In india and may be elsewhere too, they believe in all the traditional religious ceremonies ( relating to the occult ) and they also are of the opinion that 'k' was also somewhat involved in it.Pl refer to "K - a beautiful man, beautiful teaching , - but did he mislead us?" Michael Gorof, Kinfonet.

Few years back when some such like ceremony was performed in one of the k's school in Chennai and strongly criticized, the school organizers opposed the objection by quoting similar or like similar ceremonies performed in 'k's time with his permission in varanasi when he was alive. ( didn't confirm the truthfulness of the statement )

It is rumored that a very close associate of 'k' ( alive at the time of writing this) till date believes and says 'k' himself made at least 3-5 visits to him after his death.( astral) Further adding that still the power can be transformed on astral plane by the teacher through his touch alone .I have not till date verified the same though had many chance meetings with the person concerned lest it provoke him considering it as an attack on his privacy.

However i am in direct knowledge that one of my friends was presented a Rosary ( prayer beads ) by Late Mr.Mahesh Saxsena , who was once the secretary of the indian foundation and and was affectionately called by 'k' as his shadow, saying that the same belonged to 'k'.I couldn't confirm the authenticity of my lady friend's version as Mr. Saxena till the time had passed away.

There are not one but many people who will convincingly believing they are right would tell you that you are a fool in thinking that it was 'k's show all along.

They say 'k's story is totally different than what we believe in and.

I consider that whatever I have been listening is simply nothing else but troll.

We have to use our own mind to decide if the teachings evolved through time or completely metamorphosed through time.

This post was last updated by Ravi Seth Wed, 31 Aug 2011.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Wed, 31 Aug 2011 #68
Thumb_deleted_user_med Muad dhib Ireland 175 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Ravi Seth wrote:
have this in their mind that 'k''s revelations were due to the Lord speaking through him and not he as a person had any role in it.

The "me" is in no way responsible for any discovery in any field is my actual view , which may change when I will grow up :)..."something else unknown from the "me"" is .
"me" is only using anything stored in memory by analysing it all over according to its set up programs.

then we step back and ask : what is stored in the memory then ? The past and the future .
what ,the future ,am I nuts ? this is to bring some fun ha ha in here :))
Yes the future has it should be.

Memory is a steady interface in the body , where things have the tendency to stay what they are , it seems that these "me" and memory is seeking for a permanent state , like a rock is.

It may be caused ( or not ) by the tendency of the very structure of matter programmed to reach some relative apparent steadiness...
Here I don't bring more on purpose..

but basically for me K's entire brain-mind was not functioning like ours, by my guess is that his brain was the same , for me it has to be like that....so he had nothing to see with our logic ,fear, and so on..having had insights in it , about it , so could go beyond that ,still without having destroyed the "me" , but having found his way to by-pass its leadership..

remember he went through the door of deep sorrow...when his brother died.

Sorrow may simply be universal intelligence knocking at the door....a sane mind would know that and what to do with it...
But as "me" is first on the ball , pain = it burns = it hurts = remove my hand = running away...

We do act in all fields of life vital with the program which is only for the body....it is a disaster....

Ravi I have met a native Indian shaman, he was telling the he would try anything to "clear" the mind , be in touch with Mother Nature" as he was saying, k was saying something like that too : use your brain ,your mind ,find out, search ,look....

Dan.....

This post was last updated by Muad dhib (account deleted) Wed, 31 Aug 2011.

Wed, 31 Aug 2011 #69

Ravi Seth wrote:
I couldn't confirm the authenticity of my lady friend's version as Mr. Saxena till the time had passed away.

But sharing and confirm the following:( not related to the above discussions)

I was gifted one kurta payjama used to be worn by 'k' in Varanasi when he used to visit the city.It was presented by '?" to me.It is of simple pure cotton & and was among the few clothes worn by 'k' in India.I would not think of separating myself from it ever.It is under the family heritage now!

Who said only theosophists thought differently? :-)

Fri, 02 Sep 2011 #70
Thumb_tampura ganesan balachandran India 2204 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
But at least I understand (even verbally) them.:)

So you call something irrelevant when you don't understand them, how do you feel JK's teachings relevant or irrelevant., sorry you understand them or not, or partly relevant and not partly irrelevant, sorry again understand partly something of it ,not partly don't understand something of it.

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

This post was last updated by ganesan balachandran Fri, 02 Sep 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Sep 2011 #71

Ravi Seth wrote:
We have to use our own mind to decide if the teachings evolved through time or completely metamorphosed through time.

The essence of his teachings is not evolved, but the way he put it might have evolved.
gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Sep 2011 #72

Ravi Seth wrote:
We have to use our own mind

The only man who understood, there are lot of things in veda is sri Aurobindo. he himself admits he could only go through that partly and so also his commentaries helped only few. the story that some one picks up some truth and devil says he will enter and make his business since the man who picked up the truth will organize it.I don't know if Sri JK had this in mind.The only way to approach Veda is through his teachings which bring the clarity. whether it was evolved or not evolved is not at all a question.I don't suggest one has to go through veda, but understand its significance and how the whole drama of reality is being enacted through its recital and for what it is preserved.This what JK meant by the present sense of preservation is not enough and felt why the society is corrupt inspite of its sacredness.
gb

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Sep 2011 #73

So you are also in contest with me:) difficult.

??????????????????

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Sep 2011 #74

gb, what relevance is there referring your reply by quoting what i said?

I can't make head and tail of what are you trying to convey ?

Fri, 02 Sep 2011 #75

please refer Post 62 and 72

how am i a party to what happens between you and dhiru?.... and by referring the particular post by dhiru you intend to point out that i am involved, why and how have you arrived at such a foolish conclusion!!!!!!?????

Fri, 02 Sep 2011 #76

not related to the above discussions

I too began like that and D honored me with the title.
gb

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Sep 2011 #77

Because you are hurt rightly or wrongly whatever, you have the right to murder everybody around? Eh?

By doing it , you are simply making yourself a bigger fool.That is all, gb.

Fri, 02 Sep 2011 #78

moreover i referred to my discussions i was having with Paul Davidson and never had dhiru's comment in mind when i said ' not related to the above discussions'.

.... and even then if you don't believe what i say, what difference would that make if i say ' not related to above discussions'.....? It was not at all hurting even then.

Interestingly ( i just noted ) after dhiru's comment you have started replying in prose however.Why?

This post was last updated by Ravi Seth Fri, 02 Sep 2011.

Fri, 02 Sep 2011 #79

Hello GB

I am sorry that my comment hurt you.

It is my personal opinion about vedic quotes, but there may be other forum members who understand them, find them relevant and enjoy them.

So it's totally your right to quote whatever you want, I commented in a light mood.

Enjoy.

I don't know

Fri, 02 Sep 2011 #80

dhirendra singh wrote:
So it's totally your right to quote whatever you want, I commented in a light mood.

Enjoy.

I don't know
:)

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Sep 2011 #81
Thumb_stringio Paul Davidson United Kingdom 3659 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Ravi Seth wrote:
Most of the Theosophists including whom they have influenced plus many traditional Indians or even people from many other countries today, have this in their mind that 'k''s revelations were due to the Lord speaking through him

Yes Ravi, but Patricia talked of K followers. The Theosophists who followed K around only did so to throw mud in his face or, more often, at his back. I agree that there are many explanations of K. Often they would ask him, "Who are you?" For me it is not a very interesting debate.

I have never heard of any person serious about the teaching who said K lost the plot later on. And the Theosophists thought he lost the plot early on, in 1929, so you cannot count them.

K did not choose to brand imself as a guru but he surely was a teacher, whether or not one applies the 'g' word to that. And he did not suck that teaching out of his thumb!

"The ego is first and foremost a body ego." S. Freud

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2011 #82

Ravi Seth wrote:
Interestingly ( i just noted ) after dhiru's comment you have started replying in prose however.Why?

He can at least understand verbally.
gb

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2011 #83

dhirendra singh wrote:
but there may be other forum members who understand them,

you don't mean any other forum.but there are few forum members of this kinfonet who really acknowledge it.

dhirendra singh wrote:
I am sorry that my comment hurt you.

No my dear D. You all have your mother language almost equivalent to sanskrit( which K likes) which is the language of veda. definitely no other book than K will be interesting to you.Vedas also you will find it interesting while unraveling the hidden meaning and once you understand them you will definitely come to the conclusion K worked only for people to appreciate it and it is not contradictory to K.There is no other way veda can be understood.It is not necessary, since it takes care of everything.
have a nice day!
gb

This post was last updated by ganesan balachandran Sat, 03 Sep 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2011 #84

dhirendra singh wrote:

but there may be other forum members who understand them,

It works well with George Lanroh, Pergolberg, max greene, Dr.Sudhir sharma, Paul Davidson and with that combination, i really feel ecstatic.
gb

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2011 #85

There is no other way veda can be understood.

the unconditioned can have relationship with the conditioned..but not..the reverse!Thank you Rick for this.
gb

Displaying posts 61 - 85 of 85 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)