Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

One hour

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 62 in total
Wed, 09 Nov 2011 #1
Thumb_stringio Rajiv Fonn Australia 8 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

J. Krishnamurti, The Book of Life

This post was last updated by Rajiv Fonn (account deleted) Sat, 21 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 09 Nov 2011 #2
Thumb_rao kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao India 903 posts in this forum Offline

Rajiv Fonn wrote:
I don't quite understand what he is trying to say.

O.K .Suppose you are given 1000 years to live, what is it that you are going to do?Do you do any of those things he has mentioned above? or do you do things separetely and deferently?Then look out for what he was trying to say?

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Wed, 09 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 09 Nov 2011 #3
Thumb_img001 Sudhir Sharma India 1989 posts in this forum Offline

Rajiv Fonn wrote:

A sense of urgency is helpful in attending whatever is necessary and important. Such a state of mind has no energy/time to waste in persuing pleasure/avoiding pain.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 09 Nov 2011 #4

ganesan balachandran wrote:
don't bother about the time just start doing what one may have to do (as if only one hour is left).

"don't bother about the time. just be attentive and start doing what one may have to do (as if only one hour is left)."

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Wed, 09 Nov 2011 #5
Thumb_295902_10150361346929121_667049120_8087939_521721644_n Angel Miolan Dominican Republic 179 posts in this forum Offline

"And if it can be done for an hour, then it can also be done for the days and years that may remain. Try it and you will find out." JK

At the moment we appreciate what is life under the thought influence, one have to “do” something. Say goodbye to all our relation and our possessions, including our dog.
And to our beloved Ego with all our memories, favorite concepts and self-images. We can be open to that right now, with no pressure or we can postpone this encounter with “what it is” and “what we are” until the moment of physical death. If we “do it” in the present time, maybe we can live everyday with the feeling of the unknown, in total relation with Universal Intelligence and Totality. But if we go involuntary to the realm of physical death, we will pass away just like an animal. Angel.

lobo de la estepa

Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #6
Thumb_avatar Dhanan Rao India 75 posts in this forum Offline

Rajiv Fonn wrote:

K is saying just what he has been saying all along. Dont accumulate, do not live in memories, start actually living.
Isnt that what we do when faced with reality of approaching death? Will anybody still continue to accumulate, hold on to memories, etc when he knows he is going to die soon???

This post was last updated by Dhanan Rao Thu, 10 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #7

Rajiv Fonn wrote:
There is a big difference between living for 1000 years and living for 1 hour, isn't it? The difficulties one has to face when living for 1000 years just don't exist for a person living for 1 hour.

Dear,

You have not answered my main contention: that what would you do at the last minutes of your life?Do you think of any thing other than, me, my and mine, immaterial of the time duration for death to take over or you drop them? At that last instant whether you like it are not , you are forced to leave the me ,my and mine,Which you could have left it even before the death could have taken over.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Thu, 10 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #8

This thread would have no relevence unless we focuss on why we still think of things concerning only, me, my, amd mine even at the instant of physical ending of the organic body which we could have done it much before the death occurs.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #9

Rajiv Fonn wrote:
Do you think that this is just as easy to do? I'd like to reiterate what I said before that the difficulties one faces during the years that remain of our lives just don't exist during the last 1 hour of life.

Yes it is possible.If you have come to the conclusion that it is not possible let us not discuss any further.If you are open and not come to such drastic conclusion even before discussion,then we can probe why we do like that most of the time including at the time of death.It is your own conclusion that is finding my position contridictory.

Mind you, you are going to contridict JK,I really wonder if you are really going to justify it with conlusion of yours .It appears that you are more keen to put me in place than putting up a sound argument. Please go ahead.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #10
Thumb_295902_10150361346929121_667049120_8087939_521721644_n Angel Miolan Dominican Republic 179 posts in this forum Offline

Rajiv Fonn wrote:
What's the difference between passing away just like an animal and passing away like a human being? Also, look around and you will see that the animals live more contented lives than humans.

Hello Rajiv: I think the different is very big. Mutation of the Mind is the opportunity to enter in a psychological death, a change of all the content of our consciousness responsible of the conflict and dissatisfactions of our lives. It offers the possibility to dissolve and put in a right place all the distortions and ignorance we inherit from animal, our own experience and cultural evolution. Physical death in total ignorance of our possibilities is just a loss, simply nothing. You know the animals live without problems precisely because they don’t have an Ego and they don’t think.

lobo de la estepa

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #11

kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao wrote:
This thread would have no relevence unless we focuss on why we still think of things concerning only, me, my, amd mine even at the instant of physical ending of the organic body which we could have done it much before the death occurs.

Does mind keep on thinking in terms of me, my and mine because it has to keep itself occupied for its survival and knows no other way of living?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

This post was last updated by Sudhir Sharma Thu, 10 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #12

Rajiv Fonn wrote:
the awareness that you are only going to live for 1 hour from now removes many a problem from the situation.

Rajiv, is it the shock of impending death or awareness that reduces the number of problems that arise in such a scenario? Does impending death make the mind more sensitive and intelligent?

Rajiv Fonn wrote:
Most of your problems simply wouldn't exist anymore, leaving you feeling lighter and happier.

On the contrary, there may be session of tearful good byes and do this and don't do that kind of lecturing to all! :)

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #13

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
Does mind keep on thinking in terms of me, my and mine because it has to keep itself occupied for its survival and knows no other way of living?

Isn't that so, Doctor sab? Nice meeting you on the site after a big gap.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #14

Would you not die completely to the things of the mind, to desires and to the world? And if it can be done for an hour, then it can also be done for the days and years that may remain. Try it and you will find out." JK

If we are prepared to do it in the irrevocable presence of physical death… Why we are not open right now to psychological death when we still have the opportunity to live without conflict for the rest of our lives?

lobo de la estepa

Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #15

Dhanan Rao wrote:
Will anybody still continue to accumulate, hold on to memories, etc when he knows he is going to die soon???

Why not? Knowing that the death is only one hour away may make a person highly emotional but he will not become any wiser! If you think about it, then it is not difficult to visualize as to what kind of memories he would like to carry with him/her on eternal journey.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

This post was last updated by Sudhir Sharma Thu, 10 Nov 2011.

Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #16

Isn't that so,...?

So, do you think that impending death (one hour away) will be able to change this pattern of thinking, ArjunaRao?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #17

Angel Miolan wrote:
Why we are not open right now to psychological death when we still have the opportunity to live without conflict for the rest of our lives?

One is not open to psychological death because one knows a 'how' of doing it!:)

One always wants to move out of conflict without understanding it and this becomes the main obstacle in ending conflict. What do you say, Angel?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #18

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
So, do you think that impending death (one hour away) will be able to change this pattern of thinking, ArjunaRao?

If the individual is wise to grasp the turn of things at that instant then awareness takes over and does the needfull by droping the me, my ,and mine.I wonder if instant wisdom can come about unless the individual is prepered, one has one hour to do it, it is up to oneself?If that is not the case the death(physical) will force it on the person to give up 1) identification(me)2) claiming things (my) 3) aquireing(mine) which make the world he is living, making the death pathatic .Time is not much of the consequence.One needs to be sensitve to the turn of events at that instant, and realise one's limitations to be wise.One does not accept the death warent in the first place if he has conclusions about death.One can do it if one does not have ideas about the death.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #19

If that is not the case the death(physical) will force it on the person to give up 1) identification(me)2) claiming things (my) 3) aquireing(mine) which make the world he is living, making the death pathatic .

This will happen only because a person has breathed his last or has become unconscious before the actual death.

Time is not much of the consequence.One needs to be sensitve to the turn of events at that instant, and realise one's limitations to be wise.One does not accept the death warent in the first place if he has conclusions about death.One can do it if one does not have ideas about the death.

I feel at the most a normal person will show detachment instead of attachment in the face of impending death. A mind stunned in to silence is not actually 'silent', is it?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 #20
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5770 posts in this forum Offline

I don't know, but I think K was trying to say die to the past and be attentive of now. Find out what is important in life and drop the rest for the waste of time that it is. There is no time to waste on frivialities. Live now, you may actually be dead in an hour or day or sooner than you think.

But personally, I think I would be tempted to do something that I don't do presently and that is to get a bottle of single malt, 12 year old scotch and sip it with a modest amount of ice and laugh at the ridiculousness of what passes as life for most of us.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #21

Rajiv Fonn wrote:
Shock may not be seperate from the awareness process.

Yes, shock can facilitate direct perception but that is not what K teaching is all about. The clarity in observation that comes by when self has ended is a different preposition, isn't it?

Rajiv Fonn wrote:
Your mind would be focussed in such a manner as to completely change the way you always thought about life.

This is quite possible but thought will be still in driver's seat and that is no transformation, isn't it?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #22
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jack Pine wrote:
There is no time to waste on frivialities. Live now, you may actually be dead in an hour or day or sooner than you think.

Bingo..every breath you take may be your last breath...get out of your "Head" and live...now! Thank you Jack!:)

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 #23

“One is not open to psychological death because one knows a 'how' of doing it!”:)

Hello Doctor Sharma: I know this declaration can sound a bit strange but I think mind need some how to be “prepare” to confront such a situation. I fell the more perceptual understanding one have about the important and repetitive aspects of conditioned thought and reactions, like fear, desire, false time, thought split, etc., the more mind can be open to perceive, to have contact and dissolve “what it is”, and to discard with no effort the manifestation of the false as they show. We cannot attempt to create the conditions where psychological death will take place. That will be unintelligent and impossible to obtain. As we know, the experiencer and the division of consciousness are implicit in the effort to achieve anything. What I’m saying (as you know Jiddu talks about this in many occasions) is that is useful to explore the structure of all mind form of division and conflict. Not for recognized it or struggle in any way with them. I feel if we can do this alone and being serious with the things we go through, this is the threshold of wisdom and totality. I like to receive your view about this Doctor.

“One always wants to move out of conflict without understanding it and this becomes the main obstacle in ending conflict. What do you say, Angel?”

Yes, I agree with you Doctor, if we take this as a tendency, as a proportion don’t establish of people. But when the individual become conscious in terms that no matter what we do or where we run trying to escape of our unsolved contents and inner conflicts, we take it with us everywhere, we change our approach. In consequence, we begin to be more interesting with passion and give more physical time to mind exploration and observation without the Observer. The ending of conflict as you know is in direct relation to the indispensable and irreversible deep change of Mutation of Mind. Warm Regards, Angel.

lobo de la estepa

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Nov 2011 #24
Thumb_stringio lidlo lady United States 4003 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

RICK LEIN wrote:
get out of your "Head" and live...now!

Are you doing that, Rick? I ask because if living now is posting on this forum, don't you think we'd be better off dead?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Nov 2011 #25

lidlo lady wrote:
Are you doing that, Rick? I ask because if living now is posting on this forum, don't you think we'd be better off dead?

:) LOL!

Sat, 12 Nov 2011 #26
Thumb_avatar Dhanan Rao India 75 posts in this forum Offline

lidlo lady wrote:

LidloLady strikes again!!!

Sat, 12 Nov 2011 #27
Thumb_deleted_user_med Goutam Marath Norway 15 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend of his were walking down the street, when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket. The friend said to the devil, "What did that man pick up?" "He picked up a piece of Truth," said the devil. "That is a very bad business for you, then," said his friend. "Oh, not at all," the devil replied, "I am going to let him organize it."

(excerpt from the lecture given by J. Krishnamurti, in 1929, when he dissolved the Order of the Star of the East.)

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Nov 2011 #28
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
But personally, I think I would be tempted to do something that I don't do presently and that is to get a bottle of single malt, 12 year old scotch and sip it with a modest amount of ice and laugh at the ridiculousness of what passes as life for most of us.

So there are different kinds of possibilities.Years ago a friend of mine committed suicide, after hospital hours, when all staff had been gone, he ate poison and sat peacefully in his office chair, waiting definite death.

Personally,If I have an hour, I will like to reach at cremation ground to avoid the people's burden of carrying dead body on their shoulders to cremation ground, and I think I will not care for attachment or detachment, everything seems just meaningless that time.

I don't know

This post was last updated by dhirendra singh Sat, 12 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Nov 2011 #29

It seems like Krishnamurti was saying..at death...you can not argue with it..postpone it..and so forth..it is final.It seems that is what he points to when he says to die each moment?:)

Sun, 13 Nov 2011 #30
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Yes Rick K had also said it.Surely one day we are finished, so his point was, why not we end now, die now.So can we die now?

I don't know whether we can but still I am not dead.

I don't know

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 62 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)