Sun, 13 Nov 2011 #1
Thumb_stringio B Teulada Portugal 700 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Not physically.
Spiritually.
Is he with us...?

T

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 #2
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1929 posts in this forum Offline

K was a passer-by who whilst alive stumbled upon a truth and bothered to share it with others. Now he is dead, and only the truth remains.

This post was last updated by Patricia Hemingway Mon, 14 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #3
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

:)

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #4

Very nicely put, Patricia.

I saw what you wrote in your 'Member Statement', ('The teaching found its way into my life about twenty-five years ago. I did see immediately that this is a pointer towards the truth of human existence, and also the responsibility that is required in finding out. There is no turning back'.) and the clear cut simplicity of it is refreshing (actually more than refreshing but I cannot exactly define the feeling).
I find many of the people on K's forums to be a little verbose and unclear.

I also wondered on the choice of words 'the teaching found its way into my life'. Do you implicitly mean that K's teaching sort of sought you out instead of the other way around?

I agree with you that - strangely - there is no turning back. Once you read, hear, see and understand K, everything else sort of seems to pale in comparison, so to speak.

Thank you for you reply

T

This post was last updated by B Teulada (account deleted) Mon, 14 Nov 2011.

Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #5
Thumb_rao kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao India 903 posts in this forum Offline

Trueth is that the thought keeps to our consciosness and if it is really bothering us more than the consciousness,do we have any choice but to understand the thought process which is jk's discovery?

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Mon, 14 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #6
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1929 posts in this forum Offline

B Teulada wrote:
Do you implicitly mean that K's teaching sort of sought you out instead of the other way around?

It happened quite by chance. I was not seeking, and it certainly did not seek me out - but there it was......

Thank you for your reply also BT.

Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #7

B Teulada wrote:
I agree with you that - strangely - there is no turning back. Once you read, hear, see and understand K, everything else sort of seems to pale in comparison, so to speak.

Bingo!:)

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #8

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
It happened quite by chance. I was not seeking, and it certainly did not seek me out - but there it was......

The same happened with Rick. I was looking at the P.B.S. channel one day..and noticed this man Krishnamurti in discussion...and there it was!:)

Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #9
Thumb_rao kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao India 903 posts in this forum Offline

I have a son who is doing research in theoritical physics(post doctorial) in IMS Channai, who bought the book "Ending of time", thinking that it was something to do with physics.He read first chapter and handed over the book to me, thus I got into this jk's teachings.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Mon, 14 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #10
Thumb_img001 Sudhir Sharma India 1989 posts in this forum Offline

B Teulada wrote:
I find many of the people on K's forums to be a little verbose and unclear.

Does it really matter in what manner the others are posting, T? 'Verbose and unclear' is comparision and based on your knowledge, isn't it? How are you intending to deal with it? :)

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #11

Hi,
Of course it is based on comparison and it is just a matter of personal inclination.
But the ability to sum things up clearly and simply, strikes me as a very valuable feature of intelligence.

Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #12

B Teulada wrote:
But the ability to sum things up clearly and simply, strikes me as a very valuable feature of intelligence.

Yes! All too often the use of many words takes a simple statement and obscures it behind pseudo intellectualism?:)

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #13

B Teulada wrote:

Yes, Intelligence is able to look at things simply and clearly, but the opposite of this may not be true, T. Right listening is present before the words are heard, isn't this so? Similarly, when spoken words originate from silence and not from memory, then their impact is different although they may sound the same in both cases. How do you see this?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #14

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
How are you intending to deal with it? :)

Would you care to reply to this, T?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #15

I 'intend' to do a very limited number of things in life.
Having a definite plan of what to do with migraine-inducing posts on an internet forum is not high on my priorities.
Let us say I do not 'intend to deal'. I may or may not deal as they come up.
Why is it important, if I may aks?

T

Mon, 14 Nov 2011 #16

(to your # 13)
I would say that spoken words that originate from silence (inner silence that is the result of a quiet mind, right?) are rarely in excess butm, of course, it is just an idea with no support whatsoever. Just a gut feeling.

T

This post was last updated by B Teulada (account deleted) Mon, 14 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 #17

Rick - In answer to your #8.

Seems to me that many who are what I call 'guru-fodder' stumble across K as just another one of those gurus to try out, to see if what he is saying fits their desires.

Which means they pick and choose from the teaching and also along the way they choose to worship the man himself, rather than finding out firsthand the truth of what is being pointed towards.

The 'guru-fodder' expect answers to be handed to them on a platter - all warm, secure and tasty. And when that does not happen (as in fact in all truth it simply cannot - truth is unpalatable) they blame the man - as we have seen all too often on here.

Speaking personally, I was never looking for someone to have answers for me. K - all questions and negation! - touches truth. And truth is there for all - providing there is the courage to embrace it.

Truth was of course there before K. But he somehow managed to bring it all together to share - and then he died, leaving only pointers to truth. A passer-by - just as he had claimed to be.

This post was last updated by Patricia Hemingway Tue, 15 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 #18
Thumb_tampura ganesan balachandran India 2204 posts in this forum Offline

But he somehow managed to bring it all together to share - and then he died, leaving only pointers to truth. A passer-by - just as he had claimed to be.

The one who has passed beyond along the great, steep straits, the gatherer,spying out the path for many.
gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

This post was last updated by ganesan balachandran Tue, 15 Nov 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 #19

Speaking personally, I was never looking for someone to have answers for me. K - all questions and negation! - touches truth. And truth is there for all - providing there is the courage to embrace it.

Bingo! Thanks Patricia.:)

Tue, 15 Nov 2011 #20

Patricia, I couldn't agree more. You seem to have a such a grounded deep perception of K that I have never found in anyone.You seem to have grasped the very essence of the whole thing, not more and not less.
This is not meant to flatter you; I am sure you realise it.
Just stating what I see I guess.

T

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 #21

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
Does it really matter in what manner the others are posting, T? 'Verbose and unclear' is comparision and based on your knowledge, isn't it? How are you intending to deal with it? :)

B Teulada wrote:
I 'intend' to do a very limited number of things in life.
Having a definite plan of what to do with migraine-inducing posts on an internet forum is not high on my priorities.
Let us say I do not 'intend to deal'. I may or may not deal as they come up.
Why is it important, if I may aks?

It appears that my question was misunderstood. I wanted to know as to how you are going to deal with your reactions after reading a 'verbose and unclear' post.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 24 Nov 2011 #22

I have thought a lot about this question of yours and I don't know if I understand it.
I think my reaction to reading a verbose and unclear post is one of impatience.
Maybe it would not be so if a given post, albeit verbose, were totally clear.

T

Thu, 24 Nov 2011 #23

B Teulada wrote:
I have thought a lot about this question of yours and I don't know if I understand it.

It is a wrong question. It is not Dr S S's concern how YOU deal with "your reactions". It is only within one's OWN reactions (first-hand) that there is something to be discovered.

A common misunderstanding on here - something to do with believing that one is someone else's 'mirror' perhaps? Just another image. :)

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Thu, 24 Nov 2011 #24
Thumb_avatar Ravi Seth India 1573 posts in this forum Offline

:-)

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 24 Nov 2011 #25

A common misunderstanding on here - something to do with believing that one is someone else's 'mirror' perhaps? Just another image. :)

:) Thank you!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 25 Nov 2011 #26

B Teulada wrote:

Dear friend,

Continued mental occupation with any issue actually strengthen the roots of the problem instead of solving it. Confusion can never bring clarity irrespective of length of time spent with a problem.

B Teulada wrote:
I think my reaction to reading a verbose and unclear post is one of impatience.
Maybe it would not be so if a given post, albeit verbose, were totally clear.

Is it wise to waste one's energy for another person's action?:)
But reactions (and reactions to reactions) do arise in everyone's mind. Can one be free of any/all reactions before they take roots in psyche? What is the main hinderance in doing so, is the question one should be asking of oneself.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 25 Nov 2011 #27

It is a wrong question.

Judgements and conclusions about written/spoken words arise at a very superficial level in our minds. Same goes for 'I am your guide and teacher' attitude. Asking questions is more relevant to discussions and dialogues than explanations.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 25 Nov 2011 #28

It is only within one's OWN reactions (first-hand) that there is something to be discovered.

Reactions arise because mind is active in a limited field. Can anything be ever discovered within this field? Watching/observing the thought process can not be called 'discovery'. Until the movement of known stops...but you already understand all this.:)

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Dec 2011 #29
Thumb_295902_10150361346929121_667049120_8087939_521721644_n Angel Miolan Dominican Republic 179 posts in this forum Offline

B Teulada wrote:
Is he with us...?

I feel K., is around here for anyone of us perceiving with a clear mind and compassion in the heart. He is here as well, at any moment, with no distance, for anyone of us in the hour of need. I feel this as an insight, with no analysis or any ancient religion knowledge as a background. It’s just a feeling . That’s all. Angel.

lobo de la estepa

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Dec 2011 #30

Angel Miolan wrote:
I feel K., is around here for anyone of us perceiving with a clear mind and compassion in the heart. He is here as well, at any moment, with no distance, for anyone of us in the hour of need. I feel this as an insight, with no analysis or any ancient religion knowledge as a background. It’s just a feeling . That’s all. Angel.

I feel so too, most of the time. Mother felt it too. Not that he is here, but the force behind him, that is never too far. I wonder if we are being romantic or sentimental or anything.

Basically I guess one just cannot explain or proove a feeling one has can one?

T

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 93 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)