Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Letting go...

Displaying all 8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Wed, 18 Apr 2012 #1
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_-_2_reduced Patricia Hemingway Australia 1339 posts in this forum Offline

A guru and a young disciple were journeying together. They arrived at the banks of a deep river, where there was a woman who requested their assistance to cross the river. The guru carried the woman on his shoulders, the three of them safely crossed the river, and then the guru and the young disciple continued on their way.

But the young disciple began to wonder: Who was the woman? Where was she going? What was her name? Was she married? She had lovely hair didn't she?

The guru stooped and turned to the young disciple and said: I carried the woman across the river - then I put her down. You are still carrying her.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Wed, 18 Apr 2012 #2
Thumb_stringio lidlo lady United States 4003 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Again, K-patty provides a parable to illustrate the plight of the K-believer who, confident that he is free or soon to be, is in fact, carrying the dead body of K's teaching on his back, choosing to bear its weight rather than be unburdened, free to find his own way.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 18 Apr 2012 #3
Thumb_rao kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao India 881 posts in this forum Offline

Thanks for warning of possible illusion that could crop up among the Jk's followers, a keen follower would be on gaurd with illusions, he/she would not make it a belief of condition of mind as non-believers of so called JK'steachings would do.And start attacking the others.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Wed, 18 Apr 2012.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Wed, 18 Apr 2012 #4

For you the conditioning of mind is a beleif, for others an awareness of existing disorder in the brain.There are remidies available for it.If it is beleif you closed the options for its redumtion.Beleive me your quite usefull for most of us.You are no outsider for us to drive away from the site.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Wed, 18 Apr 2012.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Wed, 18 Apr 2012 #5
Thumb_stringio lidlo lady United States 4003 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao wrote:
Thanks for warning of possible illusion that could crop up among the Jk's followers, a keen follower would be on gaurd with illusions, he/she would not make it a belief of condition of mind as non-believers of so called JK'steachings would do.And start attacking the others.

Calm down. No one's "attacking" anyone. I'm just drawing attention to the fact that your dependency on K's thoughts has left you with none of your own.

This post was last updated by lidlo lady (account deleted) Thu, 19 Apr 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 18 Apr 2012 #6

kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao wrote:
For you the conditioning of mind is a beleif, for others an awareness of existing disorder in the brain.There are remidies available for it.If it is beleif you closed the options for its redumtion.Beleive me your quite usefull for most of us.You are no outsider for us to drive away from the site.

You're useful, too. Your attempted English is amusing.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 #7

lidlo lady wrote:
I'm just drawing attention to the fact that your dependency on K's thoughts has left you with none of your own

It does not matter if I do not have anything of mine, that is what I am striving for,but of course dependancy on others is fatal,I am sure you are there to help me.Thanks.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 #8

lidlo lady wrote:
Your attempted English is amusing.

What else do you expect of a person who lived on teaching measurements and logic (Maths).Please excuse the person.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 8 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)