Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

The Twisted Mind of Rick Lein

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 55 in total
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #1
Thumb_stringio lidlo lady United States 4003 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

We've found it amusing the way Rick casts those he disagrees with as Disney villains, but lately, he has crossed a line he doesn't seem to realize exists. He has resorted to a form of character assassination that is beneath contempt: posting fake quotes. The doctor called him on this the first time he did it and Rick deleted the post, but like a demented little child he's back testing the boundaries, trying to find out what he can get away with in this forum, delighting in the fact that for the first time he can do something more than say Bingo and Wah. Well, he needed the attention, I guess. But who knew he would sink to this level.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #2
Thumb_img001 Sudhir Sharma India 1989 posts in this forum Offline

lidlo lady wrote:
beneath contempt

lidlo lady wrote:
like a demented little child

lidlo lady wrote:
But who knew he would sink to this level.

Lidlo, Rick must have his reasons for what he is doing, but by writing what is quoted above, you provide fuel for his energy. As a friend, I am asking if it is worth it.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #3
Thumb_avatar Ravi Seth India 1573 posts in this forum Offline

lid

kindly pay attention to what Dean had to say in his post # 128 in 'what is error'.Allow me to reproduce the same here:

...........Killing kittens is despicable. Someone fooling around attributing words to someone else, means nothing.

The highlighted words relate to your postings which you normally indulge in ... like naming fellow beings as 'k-patty', bloody Indians ( bloody was implied thought you didn't say it) and host of other phrases that are obnoxious to everyone around. Your tone seems to be insulting to the others.By rejecting others you distance yourself from them. Why not to make them see what you have seen by pointing out their own follies, but in an affectionate way? By these words Dean is appreciating that you have better understood 'k' than others but for your own sake he is reminding you to tone down your rhetoric and with compassion that is at your command, make the kittens turn into fully matured ones ( which is the responsibility of that seeing), but for God's sake don't kill them.

Will you listen now and be a friend ? We have to be pointed to the mischief we normally keep on indulging in, including you yourself.Isn't it?

I assure you the moment you change your conduct,Rick or whomsoever he is , trying to belittle you, won't do it again.... you know these things rebound and come on to your own self if you happen to carry one.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #4
Thumb_stringio lidlo lady United States 4003 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Ravi Seth wrote:
I assure you the moment you change your conduct,Rick or whomsoever he is , trying to belittle you, won't do it again.... you know these things rebound and come on to your own self if you happen to carry one.

What I'm doing here is saying that Krishnamurti's "teaching" has misled a lot of people into believing in something unreal, and no one in this forum wants to hear this, no matter how nicely I put it, no matter how pleasing my "conduct".

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #5

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
Lidlo, Rick must have his reasons for what he is doing, but by writing what is quoted above, you provide fuel for his energy. As a friend, I am asking if it is worth it.

You should be asking him if it's worth doing. You objected strenuously enough the last time he did it that he deleted the post, but now you've changed your tune, urging me to just go along with it. What gives?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #6
Thumb_rao kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao India 903 posts in this forum Offline

lidlo lady wrote:
What I'm doing here is saying that Krishnamurti's "teaching" has misled a lot of people into believing in something unreal, and no one in this forum wants to hear this, no matter how nicely I put it, no matter how pleasing my "conduct".

Who is to blamed for this?That is your pridictment.Who can help you? except youself.

nothing

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #7

lidlo lady wrote:
What gives?

Nothing. I am least interested in taking sides, lidlo. When I am saying something to Rick, you are not influencing me and vice-versa. I appealed to your better sense as a friend. Rest is up to you.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #8

lidlo lady wrote:
You objected strenuously enough the last time he did it that he deleted the post,

He did that because of his own decision to do so. In the end we all end up doing what we want to (and pay the price/face the consequences later), but the wise ones must weigh the worthiness and long term effects of their acts seriously. You are quite intelligent, but are you also wise, Lidlo? :)

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #9
Thumb_avatar Ravi Seth India 1573 posts in this forum Offline

lidlo lady wrote:

so you react , get angry that they cannot see this simple thing happening with themselves and use strong language to jolt them out of their slumber!Is it?

What made you think they don't hear you if you put the same nicely in a decent way? There were definitely glimpses of that when you said the same without reacting.I have myself appreciated it a number of times.But do we live for appreciation of what we have seen or do we want to share that seeing among all?

Isn't it obvious lid, to call a physical or mentally handicapped person a lame who can't understand what you intend to convey , an affront to his 'self' that he cherishes much and create reactions that are not needed to understand what you want to convey?... and you who himself says "teachings" have misled a lot of people in believing in something unreal, would never allow the others to say their part as to why they behave the way they do?... may be then you may understand they are getting it but not have enough words to explain what they see.

It is simple lid.Why don't you see what is obvious?By able to see doesn't makes you better than others but by making them clothe their seeing in words and expression makes you into one without you wanting to be a better one.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #10
Thumb_stringio B Teulada Portugal 700 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

lidlo lady wrote:
What I'm doing here is saying that Krishnamurti's "teaching" has misled a lot of people into believing in something unreal

ah.. yes. the infamous 'carrot' again.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #11
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

See how and why insult affects to you/me/us, this is for what most of us are here, to understand the suffering, which is very prominent when ego is being insulted.

Personally I find this kind of discussion superficial and childish at this level.

K conversed with public for sixty years and often he faced questions and situations which were insulting but we don't see him blaming people for insults, but here the persons who estimate themselves miles up then K, routinely cry about insult, and interestingly their own tone is always insulting.
(If I have to provide Rank in insulting tone,then I feel Nick is all-time topper, Paul is at second rank generally, Rick, Ravi, Dean insult in response of insult, Patricia is also good in replying insult by insult, Sudhir also sometimes try it, myself also keep trying time to time;))

Personally for me insulting tone is nothing but a particular way of talking and as far as one can address the issue, I don't care whatever tone he use, but if one is not able to point the issue then even one is using honey dipped words they are just crap.

I don't know

Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #12
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5800 posts in this forum Offline

lidlo lady wrote:

You can't tell other people how they have preceived K. All you can say is that what K pointed out has misled you into believing in something unreal. You have no idea how others have understood K. At what level others preceive K. It's your arrogance in believing otherwise that makes you say so offensive.

You have formulated a fixed idea about what you think is true and you demand that all the rest of us accept it without question.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Thu, 05 Jul 2012.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #13
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jack Pine wrote:
You have no idea how others have understood K. At what level others preceive K. It's your arrogance in believing otherwise that makes you so offensive.

You have formulated a fixed idea about what you think is true and you demand that all the rest of us accept it without question.

Yes!Thank you Jack!

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #14

dhirendra singh wrote:
but if one is not able to point the issue then even one is using honey dipped words they are just crap.

Wah!:)

Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #15

lidlo lady wrote:
like a demented little child he's back testing the boundaries,

Charming characterization there my brother! Which boundaries do you speak of[personal].Perhaps you might find it useful to explore why you see yourself as having them?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #16
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1930 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
if one is not able to point the issue then even one is using honey dipped words they are just crap.

Yay Dhirendra! :)

Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #17
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1930 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
All you can say is that what K pointed out has misled you into believing in something unreal.

Exactly so.

So why project one's own inadequacies on to another?

Perhaps just because it is comforting for the projector. So much easier to judge someone else harshly than to face the harsh reality of one's own delusions full-on.

The observer really is the observed then.

Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #18

Jack Pine wrote:
You have no idea how others have understood K. At what level others preceive K.

Everything you or anyone else says reveals what they believe, how they "understand" K, how ignorant and inarticulate they are.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #19

Jack Pine wrote:

I demand nothing. I'm posting my findings for the record. Once I've done this to my satisfaction, you and the rest of the idiots can have this miserable little support group to yourselves again.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #20

Ravi Seth wrote:
Isn't it obvious lid, to call a physical or mentally handicapped person a lame who can't understand what you intend to convey , an affront to his 'self' that he cherishes much and create reactions that are not needed to understand what you want to convey?...

Are you saying that a dimwit has his pride, so one should never call him a dimwit; that if one wants to get through to a dimwit, one ought to condescend? If this is what you're saying, you might be right, but the dimwit remains dim, so why bother? One may be able to get a dimwit to change his opinion or belief, but there's no cure for stupidity, so it's best to just speak the truth and observe the dimwit response.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #21
Thumb_stringio Martin van der Tak Canada 75 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

lidlo lady wrote:
but there's no cure for stupidity

alt text

hahaha!!! But there is cure for neurosis

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #22

I like your idea. Pull the stupid people out of their churches and believer-support groups and put them to work growing food.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #23
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5800 posts in this forum Offline

So much energy being expended by so many of us for so little results. I don't suppose there is a chance in hell that all of us involved could dump all this crap; the past insults and sarcasm, the snide remarks, the accusations and wipe the slate clean and start fresh?

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Thu, 05 Jul 2012.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #24
Thumb_stringio Dean R. Smith Canada 1145 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

That's as easy as pie. Not everyone can do it, though.

A favourite proverb:

"An old monk and a young monk were traveling along the rivers edge, after a fierce rainstorm. They came upon an old woman trying to cross where a bridge had been washed away. Without hesitation, the old monk picked up the woman and carried her to the other side. After putting her down and returning, the monks continued on their way.

About half an hour later, the young monk could no longer contain himself. "I don't understand! I don't understand!" he said: "We are celibate monks; sworn to never even think of, let alone touch the opposite sex; yet you picked up that woman and carried her... I don't understand!"

The old monk replied: "Are you still carrying that woman around? I put her down half an hour ago."

"See thought arising; watch it. Without that, all else is illusion and becoming."

Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #25

Dean R. Smith wrote:
The old monk replied: "Are you still carrying that woman around? I put her down half an hour ago."

The bored reader replied: "Are sanctimonious twits still repeating that threadbare, trite, hackneyed, old proverb in their pathetic attempts to quit being what they are?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Jul 2012 #26
Thumb_avatar Peter Kesting United States 1228 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
So much energy being expended by so many of us for so little results. I don't suppose there is a chance in hell that all of us involved could dump all this crap; the past insults and sarcasm, the snide remarks, the accusations and wipe the slate clean and start fresh?

It is possible.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 06 Jul 2012 #27

Peter Kesting wrote:
It is possible.

Not for Lord Lidio...:)

Fri, 06 Jul 2012 #28

lidlo lady wrote:
The bored reader replied: "Are sanctimonious twits still repeating that threadbare, trite, hackneyed, old proverb in their pathetic attempts to quit being what they are?

It doesn't seem that you are. :)

"See thought arising; watch it. Without that, all else is illusion and becoming."

Fri, 06 Jul 2012 #29

Dean R. Smith wrote:
It doesn't seem that you are. :)

LMFAO!:)

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 06 Jul 2012 #30

RICK LEIN wrote:
LMFAO!:)

Regrettably, lidlo is a very sad sack.

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 55 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)