Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Life & Living

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 327 in total
Wed, 09 Jan 2013 #1
Thumb_beautiful-nature-wallpaper pavani rao India 541 posts in this forum Offline

It's been long I had been contemplating of starting a thread where we all can discuss our lives , our selves and in general any and all  topics under the sun under one heading . Just an informal chat ... No arguments , no aggression and not  in a combatant mood altogether :)
so here we are .. Friends , all and everyone who ever shares similar views are welcome to pour in and enhance this thread . 

Life can be a wonderful adventure and is your's  to have even without a guru or a priest or what you have . Creation gifted all of  us a mind and it takes the special artist in us to explore / revel and celebrate this wonderful journey of life .... together ! 

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Wed, 09 Jan 2013 #2
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Well, pavani, is it your photograph?

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 09 Jan 2013 #3
Thumb_beautiful-nature-wallpaper pavani rao India 541 posts in this forum Offline

For information sake let me tell the last paragraph is from courtesy J.C, in other words ( Ginger tea & Beer & Co :)

Hey J

thanks for the post 89 from the thread Emotions .

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 09 Jan 2013 #4

Hmm ! Er very much looks like mine only I guess ! Why asking ? :)

Yes Dhirendra don't tell me it has taken this long for you to come out with that query and in other words you are waiting for me to start a thread so that you can start off !:)

This post was last updated by pavani rao Wed, 09 Jan 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 09 Jan 2013 #5

I asked because it looked like my new neighbour:-)

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 09 Jan 2013 #6

Pavani:Yes Dhirendra don't tell me it has taken this long for you to come out with that query and in other words you are waiting for me to start a thread so that you can start off !:)

I will not reveal this secret:-)

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 09 Jan 2013 #7
Thumb_stringio Katy Ji United Kingdom 574 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

pavani rao wrote:
No arguments

:)

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 09 Jan 2013 #8

dhirendra singh wrote:
will not reveal this secret:-)

Don't worry secrets can't remain secretive for long , they will have a way of giving in sooner or later :)

Thanks any way for kick starting this thread and that too on a lively note .

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 09 Jan 2013 #9

Hi Katy

Long time no see .. You are being missed .Good to see you back .

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 09 Jan 2013 #10
Thumb_stringio B Teulada Portugal 388 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Ah, a "miscellaneous topics" thread.
This should be interesting.

Teulada's self is already comfortably seated, with a bag of popcorn on its lap, waiting to see how this unfolds :-)

Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #11

B Teulada wrote:
Ah, a "miscellaneous topics" thread.
This should be interesting.

Hi B 

Well good to know that you are feeling comfortable just by looking at the topic and the content . But the usage of the  word ' miscellaneous ' , I wonder what do we call by that ... In other words aren't everything about us , in us and around us has meaning and significance ? Just give it a thought , why do we have to eliminate this from that  so on and so forth .... 

Hmm ! those are a bit serious thoughts looks like ... hey by the way we / you are all going to-contribute to make it lively and interesting  . In other words let us share some serious thoughts with a bit of humor , some times with a tinge of salt .... ( oh that reminds me I have to rush to the kitchen to prepare for afternoon meal :) see you later . 

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #12

pavani rao wrote:
But the usage of the word ' miscellaneous ' , I wonder what do we call by that ... In other words aren't everything about us , in us and around us has meaning and significance ? Just give it a thought , why do we have to eliminate this from that so on and so forth ....

sorry i am completely lost with this ...
i meant miscellaneous as in "having various qualities, aspects, or subjects», seeing as you said "any and all topics under the sun" in your post #1 ... No ...?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #13
Thumb_stringio randal patrick United States 3155 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

B Teulada wrote:

The first and last step...

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #14

B Teulada wrote:

Why sorry ? Hey B  It's easily understood by what you had written  that you didn't mean it in any negative way . But at the same time do you agree with what I had written ? Isn't the entire movement of our thought processes  those which are palpable , those which are not,  and in a way as they unfold in  our life , living and our daily existence may have to  say some thing about us ...?  

Today's thought also makes me think in that line . You know what  all these days starting a thread is very much in my mind ...different  Topics kept flashing in my mind  , often very much concerned about  the content , presentation part so on and so forth ... Especially the last two words of todays thought , I feel are sort  of applicable for me . In the sense I often feel a bit subdued  and also feel  I act very much trying to be under control ... You B . T sounds more like a free spirit . I do appreciate the youthful vigor and some times the depth in your posts . 

Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #15

Rajiv Fonn wrote:
Let's not forget to add some mirchi to spice up the discussion!

Yah Rajiv , why only mirchi , why not a bit of sourness  to pep up and sweetness  to complete the meal ? :) 
Well on the other hand one only needs to watch for no bitterness to creep in and settles .... What do you say ? 

By the way your name and  the usage of that word mirchi both are very much Indianish ... 

Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #16
Thumb_stringio Paul D Brazil 647 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

"You were very brave to go for a vaginal birth . . . " The words still go round my head like a little piece of the collective insanity sent either to haunt me or perhaps to wake me up. Women in my country, especially the more affluent, go for cesarians more and more. I was reminded of this when I received from my sister yesterday a report from Brazil where 45% of births are cesarian section and in the private sector it doubles to 90%. Isn't that incredible!

Yes, brave, but not brave to give birth (though one of my friends once described it as being like "shitting a pineapple backwards" - I am reminded of a line in the UK comedy show Absolutely Fabulous, "My mother did not give birth to me . . . she had something removed!"), not brave to give birth but brave to weather the storm of social disapproval to have not only a vaginal birth but a home delivery.

"You were very brave to go for a vaginal birth." For Crips sake, what is the bloody thing for if not to receive and to give back? In any case, are we heading for a future when it will be 'very brave' to pass a stool? Everybody going round with colostomy bags strapped to their thighs. "Oh my dear, how brave you are to swallow your own food." Intravenous drips being dragged behind everywhere?

And don't they know how much better, more health-giving it is for the baby to enter the world the natural way? No, it is being taught that the clinical, timetabled, anaesthetised, cut-open, 'scientific,' systematised birth is much more modern - and your husband is so pleased you have kept a nice tight fanny! Well, no wonder then that children suffer from asthma and digestive difficulties. It's only the price for progress.

Head on the ground - feet in the clouds

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #17

pavani rao wrote:
Hi Katy

Long time no see .. You are being missed .Good to see you back .

Hi Pavani,

Thanks for your welcome...

I have noticed that people don't generally 'like' to write too much about themselves here directly. We are all communicating (mostly) through concepts/intellectual constructs.

Paul Davidson did start a whole forum called 'Everyday Life' but people were reluctant to write to it.

Anyway, I hope that you are having a good day:)

This post was last updated by Katy Ji (account deleted) Thu, 10 Jan 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #18
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Katy Ji wrote:
I have noticed that people don't generally 'like' to write too much about themselves here directly. We are all communicating (mostly) through concepts/intellectual constructs.

Paul Davidson did start a whole forum called 'Everyday Life' but people were reluctant to write to it.

Hi Katy,any thoughts on why this may be the case?:)

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #19

Julia Alejandra Rojas wrote:
I was reminded of this when I received from my sister yesterday a report from Brazil where 45% of births are cesarian section and in the private sector it doubles to 90%. Isn't that incredible!

Hi Julia 

Well typical of your posts I mean in length wise ( don't take it to heart  ha ! :)  but content wise , very explosive kind ... and sounding very true of contemporary western / some times Eastern too wealthy societies .. But  then yes we have always the reality check to bring us back to mother earth  just at the click of a button isn't it ?  The developing nations and not so developing , under developed countries ... where human life is the cheapest to fetch , and the basic human amenities , necessities  are a luxury . There can be hundreds of instances , pictures  , news items which can send chills to the bones .... 

Well really makes  one wonder the plight of modernization and where humanity is heading to ... ? It looks like that  report your sister sent  triggered this train of thought ! 

If I may share few musings I had recently ... There is this 85 year old aunt of mine , looking at her and the way she spends her twilight years ... She does all her work herself , eats very well , sleeps soundly has that old world flavor in the sense believes strongly in the destiny , goodness of people , ultimate justice prevailing .... and no fear of death ... she lived a conflict free  life ,in the sense took life as it is  , had good relationships with all her children and relatives .... reminds me of that quote of K when some one asked him how one should live  life ' live with kindness goodness and love ' - ( from some chapter in commentaries of living I think ...may be we can find out the exact quote . ) 

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #20

RICK LEIN wrote:
Hi Katy,any thoughts on why this may be the case?:)

My guess is that people don't generally feel/see this to be relevant to K-dialogue...too much me, me, meism?

Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #21
Thumb_rao kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao India 903 posts in this forum Offline

Why is that we are so hesitant to this life that we have?Is is because we are not sure what it is?or we are so absorbed into our interest that we show lettle interest in speaking it openly?Is there a fear?

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #22
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Katy Ji wrote:
My guess is that people don't generally feel/see this to be relevant to K-dialogue...too much me, me, meism?

Yes..one can see this.It would seem that the whole world in caught up in that very thing?It is certainly true that there are any number of ways to express meism..even on a Krishnamurti forum?:)

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #23

RICK LEIN wrote:
It is certainly true that there are any number of ways to express meism..even on a Krishnamurti forum?:)

:)

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #24

pavani rao wrote:
Well typical of your posts I mean in length wise ( don't take it to heart  ha ! :)

Interesting subjective impression . . . since your response was 28 words longer than my post :-)

pavani rao wrote:
wise , very explosive kind ... and sounding very true

It was a rant! But good to get it out the system! 'Indignation' is the emotion I feel about it.

pavani rao wrote:
reminds me of that quote of K when some one asked him how one should live  life ' live with kindness goodness and love '

Indeed, my own folks had a lovely and simple life. It is curious that some people have misery throughout their lives, both psychological and physical, yet others float, simply, and enjoy their days. There seems as little equality in it as there is meaning. But kindness, goodness and love . . . why cannot we all at least have that?

This post was last updated by Paul D (account deleted) Thu, 10 Jan 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #25

kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao wrote:
Why is that we are so hesitant to this life that we have?Is is because we are not sure what it is?or we are so absorbed into our interest that we show lettle interest in speaking it openly?Is there a fear?

I have enjoyed your 'stroll a day' postings, Arjuna. I think it is possible to relate the issues that K raised to ones everyday existence and talk about that. Otherwise it becomes repetitive and abstract. But yes, why the reluctance?

Katy suggests that members of the forum are reluctant to talk about themselves because it is ego-enhancing. Yet I find no lack of ego-expression in the postings here. Ego can be expressed through abstract musings and intellectual banter. But maybe it is because people find it hard to relate K's teaching to their everyday lives, and much easier to stake claims on their abstract understandings. It is easy to 'agree' to some statements but much harder to see how they relate in reality.

This post was last updated by Paul D (account deleted) Thu, 10 Jan 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #26

Why is that we are so hesitant to this life that we have

dear Arjuna, what do you mean by hesitant with the life that we have? do you mean that we live it without any enthusiasm? something like this? or am i misunderstanding what you wrote?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #27

Julia Alejandra Rojas wrote:
It is easy to 'agree' to some statements but much harder to see how they relate in reality.

Basic reason why we do not open up ourselves is we are frightened to know the trueth of ourselves,more so publicly.But if there is really burning desire to oneself,this type of openings really work as mirrors.

Anyway I must thank you for words.Infact the topic started by Pavani is quite lovely one for exploration of oneself.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #28

pavani rao wrote:
There is this 85 year old aunt of mine ,

Is she religious? i know a few people like that here too but it is because they hold on tight to their religion and feel absolutely serene and secure in it (nothing wrong there, obviously). It is when the ground is taken from under one's feet that one reveals ... er ... one's true colours, so to speak.

that's what i love about K. "you don't leave much standing Krishnaji, do you?" Bernard Levin once asked him. "No" he replied with such a sweet but determined smile.

If one can stand on one's own two feet in the face of all the adversities and storms of life without any "outside" help, then one might, just might, really do something interesting with it (one's life).

Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #29

B Teulada wrote:
dear Arjuna, what do you mean by hesitant with the life that we have? do you mean that we live it without any enthusiasm? something like this? or am i misunderstanding what you wrote?

What I mean is ,why are we so superficial in speaking about what our life is?That is all.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #30

so superficial in speaking about what our life is

ah, yes. but can you speak about what our life is without giving details of it? i was very open about what brought me to this forum when i first visited it almost a year and a half ago but then i realised this is, after all, the Internet and you never know who is reading. and you see, so many members and hardly a handful participate ... why is that?

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 327 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)