Thumb_stringio B Teulada Portugal 388 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

randal patrick wrote:
The first and last step...

yes, well, "lost" is my middle name, i am afraid ... :-(

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #32
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

B Teulada wrote:
that's what i love about K. "you don't leave much standing Krishnaji, do you?" Bernard Levin once asked him. "No" he replied with such a sweet but determined smile.

:)

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #33

B Teulada wrote:
and you see, so many members and hardly a handful participate ... why is that?

Impossible to answer this question is..except by those to whom it applies?:)

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #34
Thumb_rao kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao India 903 posts in this forum Offline

B Teulada wrote:
but can you speak about what our life is without giving details of it?

I think we can,but we might at times tend to become some one like JK(reproducing his teachings.)If things are pegged to one's own there is less danger of that.

B Teulada wrote:
Internet and you never know who is reading. and you see, so many members and hardly a handful participate ... why is that?

That may be due to lake of communication skills.Infact even I have same problem,it is my interest in knowing things that I have opened up.I never made any serious writing before visiting kinfonet.But most people like to be informed of some thing they like.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Thu, 10 Jan 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #35
Thumb_stringio Katy Ji United Kingdom 574 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Julia Alejandra Rojas wrote:
But kindness, goodness and love . . . why cannot we all at least have that?

Perhaps some people don't know what 'goodness, kindness and love' are, Paul. Why would we/you/he/she choose otherwise? This would be absurd or counter-intuitive, wouldn't it?

This post was last updated by Katy Ji (account deleted) Thu, 10 Jan 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #36

Julia Alejandra Rojas wrote:
Katy suggests that members of the forum are reluctant to talk about themselves because it is ego-enhancing

It could be said/seen that this is all 'ego', couldn't it, Paul? I think people like the idea/ideal handed down by K of 'thinking together'/collectively.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #37

B Teulada wrote:
why is that?

I have no idea as to why this is either, T. There were more forums and 'active' members a few years ago.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #38
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Hi katy

Even I too feel many time to take break from the forum, probably most of us has a wall which don't allow real contact and communication, because of that shell and wall, we don't reach to hearts and so this forum become an intellectual exercise, without communication among members

I don't know

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #39

Yes, I share your point Dhiru...We are frightened of eachother's opinions and/or judgements, perhaps, but we are all the same really.

Society asks that we distinguish ourselves, compare and compete. This is very sad. And it is the 'ego-distinctions' themselves which seem to create conflict.

No me= no conflict...How realistic is this?

Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #40
Thumb_snapshot_20130606 john Campbell Canada 535 posts in this forum Offline

Katy Ji wrote:
too much me, me, meism?

J.C.>Starting with (me)

mean-meaner-meanest-meatheads
meaningful-meadows-meadowlark
meaningful-meandrous-measureless
mediational-meddlesome
measles-medication
meek-mediocre-megabucks
merciful-merciless
mesembryanthemum->forget-(ME)-not (myosotis sylvatica)Etc.,etc.,.........

So (me) alone means little.

Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #41
Thumb_img_7089_copy Eve G. Indonesia 1570 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
Even I too feel many time to take break from the forum, probably most of us has a wall which don't allow real contact and communication, because of that shell and wall, we don't reach to hearts and so this forum become an intellectual exercise, without communication among members

Very well said. Without a heart and without that warmth that makes us human, What are we doing here?

It takes a risk to express this warmth, but isn't that part of the 'flowering of goodness'?

The nature of the change from disorder is silence.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #42

john Campbell wrote:
So (me) alone means little.

Thanks J C for the humorous inclusion...err...um? I am trying to think of a meaningful addition to your list and fear that I might be banned for frivolity but since my contribution represents about a tenth of Kinfonet's 'active' population at the moment my position might be safe!

metamorphic musings mean much mischief merely mumbling master K's mantras mindlessly, mindfully or otherwise...:)

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #43
Thumb_stringio randal patrick United States 3155 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Eve G. wrote:
It takes a risk to express this warmth, but isn't that part of the 'flowering of goodness'?

it's a risk to express pretend warmth (which is what most people have). The flowering occures when one stops pretending to be warm and generous and nice?

Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #44
Thumb_stringio randal patrick United States 3155 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Eve G. wrote:
Without a heart and without that warmth that makes us human, What are we doing here?

Well, we are expressing what we as a species have. This 'warmth and heart" stuff appears to be an ideal?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #45

randal patrick wrote:
it's a risk to express pretend warmth (which is what most people have). The flowering occures when one stops pretending to be warm and generous and nice?

Are you pretending?

Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #46

randal patrick wrote:
Well, we are expressing what we as a species have. This 'warmth and heart" stuff appears to be an ideal?

I see warmth/and lack of it everyday expressed everywhere even in this forum. It is not an ideal unless you make it so, and being cynical about everything is not a sign that one understands anything. It is a sign that one is hurt and burnt out and has built a defense agains that hurt....:)

This post was last updated by Eve G. Fri, 11 Jan 2013.

Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #47

B Teulada wrote:
yes, well, "lost" is my middle name, i am afraid ... :-(

everyone is lost, but pretending to be found. Don't be afraid, lost won't hurt. Only pretending to be found, hurts.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #48

Eve G. wrote:
It is not an ideal unless you make it so, and being cynical about everything is not a sign that one understood anything. It is a sign that one is hurt and burnt out and has built a defense agains that hurt....:)

And, if krishnamurti is correct, this pretty much includes everyone?

Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #49

Eve G. wrote:
Are you pretending?

I don't think anyone here would characterize me as warm, so how could I be pretending? it is the "passive-aggressive" (nice and warm in one circumstance, but a monster in another) type that you must look out for. You know the type, one who is constantly putting a smiley face but when you challenge/question them, they spew venom.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 #50

randal patrick wrote:
I don't think anyone here would characterize me as warm, so how could I be pretending? it is the "passive-aggressive" (nice and warm in one circumstance, but a monster in another) type that you must look out for. You know the type, one who is constantly putting a smiley face but when you challenge/question them, they spew venom.

Yes of course. Would you agree that 'self' including yourself has done the same as you are accusing others of doing? Or are you saying you are free of all of these 'reactions'? when one is hurt the cause of this hurt may differ from one person to another...One mans tooth ache is another's belly ache and vice a versa? (metaphor)
Does one/ we have the capacity for both when one understands is/are attentive or not attentive?

one man's venom maybe another's truth, and the way one deals or reacts to ones hurts, demonstrates understanding/attention or lack of it?

This post was last updated by Eve G. Thu, 10 Jan 2013.

Fri, 11 Jan 2013 #51
Thumb_snapshot_20130606 john Campbell Canada 535 posts in this forum Offline

Katy Ji wrote:
metamorphic musings mean much mischief merely mumbling master K's mantras mindlessly, mindfully or otherwise...:)

J.C.> Methinks u meme (me)

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 #52

john Campbell wrote:
J.C.> Methinks u meme (me)

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 #53

Eve G. wrote:
Does one/ we have the capacity for both when one understands is/are attentive or not attentive?

The difference Eve is, one is a compulsive/habitual day to day way of life. A modus operendi, if you will.

Fri, 11 Jan 2013 #54

Eve G. wrote:
and the way one deals or reacts to ones hurts, demonstrates understanding/attention or lack of it?

This belief allows for a lot of the insanity that goes on here.

The belief that if one simply contrives a response to a particular stimulus, one is therefore "doing Krishnamurti", etc.. K would call it following a pattern, but since most people disregard what K might say, it don't matter no how.

Fri, 11 Jan 2013 #55

Eve G. wrote:
Or are you saying you are free of all of these 'reactions'?

Define "free". Was krishnamurti "free" in the same way you define it? He didn't get angry? He didn't feel anguish from peoples idiocy he had to face daily? He wasn't human?

What you are implying is you feel some or many have the K mind, just less of it, cronological time wise. And being the old stick in the mud party pooper I am, I'll just say that that belief is non-sensical.

Fri, 11 Jan 2013 #56

Katy Ji wrote:
No me= no conflict...How realistic is this?

Each one must come to this..and quite possibly..see..the reality of it..alone..It seems to me?:)

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 #57
Thumb_beautiful-nature-wallpaper pavani rao India 541 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
most of us has a wall which don't allow real contact and communication, because of that shell and wall, we don't reach to hearts and so this forum become an intellectual exercise, without communication among members

Hi Dhi & Katy 

Thanks for opening up and sharing your views which we all feel quite strongly but due to  some fears or the others we hold ourselves back . So why not change all that and start meeting each other as fellow beings exploring , sharing , our confusions , fears , concerns and worries ? That's what K talks of again and again isn't it ... Meeting life, talking of our day to day sagas and in doing all that learning about each other and what constitutes this human psyche ... ! 

Well no body has become an expert in any thing and having spent more than half of  our lives    seen our bit of toil & struggles and may be having expertise / gifted  in different fields , areas....   we are not scared of taking criticism in a positive and constructive way ,I guess ,   which in turn helps us  in understanding and getting a better perspective of issues / things .... 

Katy Ji wrote:
Yes, I share your point Dhiru...We are frightened of eachother's opinions and/or judgements, perhaps, but we are all the same really.

Fri, 11 Jan 2013 #58
Thumb_beautiful-nature-wallpaper pavani rao India 541 posts in this forum Offline

randal patrick wrote:
everyone is lost, but pretending to be found. Don't be afraid, lost won't hurt. Only pretending to be found, hurts.

Hi R . P 

That's a very valid statement I must say . But at the same if you also can go through what others are saying about you and be patient enough to pause and examine it ... may be you can learn some different things about yourself ... ?

Well being the person who started this thread I think I have some capacity to share my views which  may look a bit personal ... but as I stated in the above post some reality check on each other and constructive suggestions if taken in a positive way I'm sure helps us in understanding ourselves better ? 

None of us have mastered what K  is trying to say , but as people who have been reading him for some years , we may have some different experiences to share , discuss and help each other in learning about each other .By sharing and bringing into the open is the only way of learning and getting some clarity on any thing I feel .

I feel Eve's post 47 & 51 have some substance in them . You are most welcome to express and take on anybody directly if you have any open questions on anything that is if you don't have pre conceived judgements and conclusions .... That is what K is ... I guess , to some extent at least ... 

Fri, 11 Jan 2013 #59

Eve G. wrote:
being cynical about everything is not a sign that one understands anything. It is a sign that one is hurt and burnt out and has built a defense agains that hurt....:)

Fri, 11 Jan 2013 #60

randal patrick wrote:
The belief that if one simply contrives a response to a particular stimulus, one is therefore "doing Krishnamurti", etc.. K would call it following a pattern, but since most people disregard what K might say, it don't matter no how.

You mean like your response above?..oh wait I forgot the warm smiley:)

This post was last updated by RICK LEIN (account deleted) Fri, 11 Jan 2013.

Displaying posts 31 - 60 of 327 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)