Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Life & Living

Displaying posts 121 - 150 of 327 in total
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 #121
Thumb_avatar Ravi Seth India 1573 posts in this forum Offline

pavani rao wrote:
Well if one wants to go on discussing these theories and books there can be no dearth of  them

pavani rao wrote:
For people like me just an elementary knowledge either of  K or of any other subject , observing life and life's situations serves more as a key  than intensive reading

pavani rao wrote:
Books ... There is no better book to read  than the Book  of Life . And no better task of learning than Learning about Oneself ... 

.......after proclaiming above , you reveal the following:

pavani rao wrote:
I would like to share here with our online audience the name of the book being  - ' liberated parents and liberated children '   by some American Paediatrician couple ...

Do you see the paradox you are creating for yourself, dear Pavani.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 #122
Thumb_beautiful-nature-wallpaper pavani rao India 541 posts in this forum Offline

john Campbell wrote:
A healthy balance is the ideal,

A Healthy Balance is the ideal ... and it is The Thing  either in   art or in Life or in Learning about  oneself  . 

There is a place for everything in life . That's how life works isn't it J . C ? over doses of anything is harmful and  neglecting one for the sake of the other  is a sure way of not paying attention  to  the very basic movement and essence life and in turn ending up in unnecessary ,  mindless  chatter .

Awareness and observation ,  when K talks of is always as much about oneself as much about everything around one' world ..... either of people , things ,nature or one's relationship with various objects around .   That's how perception comes into place but provided one is in an enquiring , humble mode ....

and it brings with it  zillions of aspects of understanding which boggles one's mind in the very basic structure of this world , life and humanity . Like it does in the case of your niece for example ? :) 

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 #123
Thumb_beautiful-nature-wallpaper pavani rao India 541 posts in this forum Offline

Ravi Seth wrote:

Who said paradoxes don't exist dear Ravi ? That too in life and life's situations ! 

Well  Hmm I think there is a wee bit of misunderstanding   I guess in the above quoted posts of mine . When I wrote mentioning about Book of life ... May be you thought I was referring to K's compiled work ! In some way yes and in other ways  what I meant was not getting stuck in any book whatsoever ...   putting in practice what is  being read , perceived and understood . In other words moving on in life .... 

Just to say sort of continuation from my above post .... Striking a balance between all the activities of life ... Whatever they may be ... 

Hey you said ( in fact in a scolding tone )  that I act like a school girl ... :) isn't it ? You know what makes up of a school girl ?  Just being natural , friendly , and some times spontaneous too ,  sharing when one feels one has some thing worth sharing ... By the way go through  that book ( liberated .... Children ) if you have time . ... It's very interesting especially if one has inclination towards psychology and  knowing of human nature ... May be you can get some tips in rearing  your grand kids well ! :) 

This post was last updated by pavani rao Tue, 15 Jan 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 #124
Thumb_snapshot_20130606 john Campbell Canada 535 posts in this forum Offline

Ravi Seth wrote:
ear Pavani.

J.C.> Paradox?The subject was,’books,life,discovery...
=,books,life,oh,I found this great recipe for apple pie...

....in short,I,m sharing this with you.

...in any case,a pair a socks is better than one.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 #125

pavani rao wrote:
and it brings with it zillions of aspects of understanding which boggles one's mind in the very basic structure of this world , life and humanity . Like it does in the case of your niece for example ? :)

life is celebration

Hey Pav

J.C.>I really don't think that my niece is from this planet,lo,
Her 'Head Doc.said he had never met anyone with such right brain dominance.She did travel India a lot, and of the beaten path,maybe the gurus got her:---)

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 #126
Thumb_stringio Paul D Brazil 647 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Ravi Seth wrote:
Please go through "The Crucible of Consciousness" by Zoltan Torey.There is also a book review here on kinfonet .

Yes, it was an interesting book, fifteen years ago, and Jurgen has posted a tolerable review of it. Unfortunately, Zoltan Torey does not uphold any of your four assertions, Ravi. He does not say that humans are born as blank sheets with no qualities. He does not say that the left brain only develops from birth. He does not say that the right brain is fully developed at birth. He does not say that the left brain is the seat of memory and thought. And neither can it be said that Torey's work presents either a complete or an integrated view. Nevertheless it is a worthwhile read.

Head on the ground - feet in the clouds

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 #127

pavani rao wrote:
For people like me just an elementary knowledge either of  K or of any other subject , observing life and life's situations serves more as a key  than intensive reading . 

For me too, Pavani. Reading cannot replace observation. It is because I have had many long-term relationships with very small children that I have observed how different they are from birth. And due to that observation I have a guiding light to know what is science and what is intellectualised belief. The idea that children are born as blank sheets (or Little Buddhas) is a romantic myth.

But also, when we are inundated with new-age baloney about right-brains and left-brains the inquiring mind seeks out the truth and that in particular requires a thorough reading of the science. One finds, for example, that 50% of left-handed people have no lateral bias. That means that they are bi-lateral - the right hemisphere and the left hemisphere of the brain are more or less functionally equal. One becomes aware of the tremendous nonsense that has been written and the ease with which the naive mind takes on dogmatic positions, long after science has moved on.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 #128

dave humphrey wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateralization_of_...

A good summarizing article, Dave, though rather short. As was written, hemispheric bias is a functional tendency, not an iron-law. Thought and memory are functions of both hemispheres. The brain is highly plastic and develops one's whole life.

Some things were written two decades back that have been thoroughly refuted since, especially given the mushrooming of neurological research based upon MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) technology. But the presentation of the left-right issue in the popular literature tended to mirror all the absurdities of the "Men are from Mars: Women are from Venus" pseudo-scientific, self-help type pulp-fiction. No one seriously talks of two brains today.

Interesting about Jurgen Brandt's Knet review of the Crucible book, Zoltan Torey says that the human brain is a 'miracle'of evolution. Although the human mind is material-based, he says, is so far beyond the possibilities of any machine that it cannot be compared with a computer. This is quite contrary to K's repeated assertion that the brain is a computer, a tape-recorder or a typewriter. Strange that Brandt didn't choose to discuss that aspect . . . it seems to me he so wanted to show that science has proved Krishnamurti's "discoveries."

This post was last updated by Paul D (account deleted) Wed, 16 Jan 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 #129
Thumb_stringio randal patrick United States 3155 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Julia Alejandra Rojas wrote:
pseudo-scientific, self-help type pulp-fiction.

Nice, mind if I use that quote sometime?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 #130

have had many long-term relationships with very small children that I have observed how different they are from birth. And due to that observation I have a guiding light to know what is science and what is intellectualised belief.

Hi Julia

I think we have moved on from brain analysis to rearing children and if we all agree we can have a detailed discussion on this  matter .   

We all have our share of stories and experiences to share the way we were brought up which in turn might have affected in bringing up our children .  In fact I think you have started a thread   on Hurts in which you discussed similar to these issues if  I remember well . 

No doubt one needs to have a secure 
home where the elders take care of their younger one's with  love , attention & care providing the very basics of education and respecting the  children's need to grow into unique , individualistic adults .well in this regard I'm not sure how much my parents contributed towards this end ... ( may be to some what great extent ) but it is understandable an issue that they themselves are victims of their conditioning and must have affected all my siblings in some way or the other ...

Coming back to the book I had mentioned ( Liberated parents and liberated children ) I could say this much that the book helped me in bringing up my daughters keeping in mind that they should grow into fine human beings free to make up their decisions ( except taking help from elders in times of need ) 
  not spending their time and energies in  trying to fulfill their parent's expectations and unfulfilled wishes / ambitions . 

Sorry if this  post looks more like' me 'and 'meism ' but then all this constitute in understanding  ourselves which we are trying to do ... 

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 #131

dave humphrey wrote:
dave humphrey

J.C.>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateralization_of_...

Hello Dave;
Thanks for this,I overlooked it.
For sure science is forever moving forward with new information,
advanced technique Etc.,allowing new ways of looking at things,which
is after all its nature and is always welcomed.Credit may also be given
to past efforts by hard working peoples efforts to advance,kick start new
ideas and bow out in due course,as the latest must do in its attempt,
and so onwards we go.
Facts,questions of, and so on however, usually remain intact as ongoing
investigations, but, now aided by these advances. We work with what
we understand at the moment but the book is never closed to new
ideas.We may also integrate the old and new.Take drawing for example.
It has always been known that there are different ways to go about it,
the hard way,logic or whatever, or using the ‘old’ exercises to move into
a different ‘mode ,’’non-logic,(?)’ that some call r- mode, but call it whatever you like,
it works. In the brain ‘game’,I think that screwing around with numbers and
reconfiguring context (especially when the scope of the subject matter so vast), for
the sake of argument(or horn blowing) often adds up to a waste of time.
All in all its fascinating fun to fellow the works of this amazing research,
as it progresses ,however clumsily ,dramatically or humorously on its road to
wherever. Thanks again for the article.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 #132

pavani rao wrote:
 In fact I think you have started a thread   on Hurts in which you discussed similar to these issues if  I remember well . 

That may have been Paul. I don't know.

pavani rao wrote:
No doubt one needs to have a secure 
home where the elders take care of their younger one's with  love , attention & care providing the very basics of education and respecting the  children's need to grow into unique , individualistic adults

Physical and emotional security and wise, sensitive carers: What more could one have asked? A strong, self-confident ego is one that does not need to strive to control others, or itself. It is a transient form, something light, not heavy. Why do children so easily lose their way? They have had their unique essence denied?

pavani rao wrote:
Sorry if this  post looks more like' me 'and 'meism ' but then all this constitute in understanding  ourselves which we are trying to do ... 

Do you feel your 'me' was bolstered by your post? When something weak is bolstered by false ideas, false stories, the result is miserable. But when it looks at itself honestly, surveys its condition and expresses as words and ideas what it sees, this straightens out that which is crooked, no?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 #133

strong, self-confident ego is one that does not need to strive to control others, or itself. It is a transient form, something light, not heavy. Why do children so easily lose their way? They have had their unique essence denied?

Hi Julia 

Wow those are very nice words indeed . Hmm after all your reading of Fraud this particular expression of your ' strong self confident ego '  I liked the most . ( hope you won't mind my writing like this ) :) 

Well we are trying to contribute towards understanding that process of I ... How our behavior forms into patterns and why we behave the way we do ... There may be palpable reasons some times,  not so very clear cut factors other times, and add on to that are unconscious  elements and all those go into our personality formation . On top of that there always exist cultural , societal influences which also determine our behavior patterns . I do feel K emphasizes a great deal on understanding human nature  which in turn  helps us in understanding ourselves . 

You know Julia according to Hindu sacred ancient scriptures there are five very strong broadly based  maladies which afflict human beings .  They are 1 . Desire 2.  Anger 3 . greed 4. Ego 5. Jealousy . 
Well in the study of K he goes into extremely methodical  detailed study of  completely dying to them which in turn is never mentioned in any of  the scriptures ( at least not to my knowledge ) 

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 #134
Thumb_stringio Katy Ji United Kingdom 574 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

That may have been Paul. I don't know.

Hi Paul,

I can't in all seriousness write to you as 'Julia' because you made yourself so well known as 'Paul'...I also was fooled by the invention of 'Julia' as a real person since you wrote in her name at the same time as your own (or yet another identity).

Does writing as a woman instead and in an alternative name change what you write? Do you regret having been so open for quite a while here about your 'everyday life'? (No answer expected though relevant to this topic to consider). This being the internet, people are generally resistant to saying much to the world about themselves aren't they/we?

This post was last updated by Katy Ji (account deleted) Fri, 18 Jan 2013.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 #135

pavani rao wrote:
Wow those are very nice words indeed . Hmm after all your reading of Fraud this particular expression of your ' strong self confident ego '  I liked the most . ( hope you won't mind my writing like this ) :) 

I am using the word in a structural sense, Pavani, and it seems appropriate to look at mind, which is a structure, using structural language rather than pejorative language. You say that 'ego' is one of the five deadly sins of Hindu scripture. Already the language has descended from the looking to the judging, isn't it.

In the structural language one must understand how things arise, what issues they arise to address and how they perform their functions. Only when there is first an understanding of 'what is' can intelligence perform is judgmental role. Otherwise what takes place is not intelligence but prejudice.

A young child's drives are very strong. How can the parent best awaken the child's understanding of the realities involved in their satisfaction, frustration, sublimation or repression without destroying the child in the process? And, what is the child itself to do? I think it useful, in fact it is absolutely imperative, to see the child as an active participant in all this, rather than a passive, blank sheet, ready to receive the parental conditioning.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 #136

Katy Ji wrote:
Does writing as a woman instead and in alternative name change what you write?

I would think it may do or it may not. It would depend on the person who is writing, their intention, and how well they manage that intention. I don't think a generalization would be appropriate. Maybe send a pm to Lidlo, who is still able to use that service. He may have an insight (with a small 'i.')

Katy Ji wrote:
I can't in all seriousness write to you as 'Julia' because you made yourself so well known as 'Paul'...I also was fooled by the invention of 'Julia' as a real person since you wrote in her name at the same time as your own (or yet another identity).

As long as you write seriously you do not have to write 'in all seriousness,' Katy. Just write about what is real to you and put the personal judgements on the back burner. It is about setting the image aside in order to perceive newly. In the end it doesn't matter what you think of Julia or of Paul. What matters is that the heart and brain begin to work together and become conscious of their joint working. The rest is just a story and truly deserves to be treated as such. Those who are transfixed by the story, for or against the characters, live life as a soap-opera.

Katy Ji wrote:
Do you regret having been so open for quite a while here about your 'everyday life'?

I regret nothing though perceive things could have been done better. When regret arises treat it as one would an unexpected guest. But don't let it take up residence. As for me, I talk about my everyday life with ease and, I believe, with little 'ego'(as it is talked of here - the egotistical tendency). Things can be talked of directly or coded. But I have never diverted from reality, only changed a few names and details occasionally. Nothing has been fabricated. Thank you for your patience, Katy.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 #137

Maybe send a pm to Lidlo, who is still able to use that service. He may have an insight (with a small 'i.')

Maybe send a pm to Lidlo, who is still able to use that service. He may have an insight (with a small 'i.')

This 'resistance' on my part did not operate with Lidlo, really, since he wrote in more abstract terms. I still called him 'sir', anyway, and he asked me to call him 'mum'!:)
It goes without saying, too, that lidlolady is a writer's 'handle', not a real or believable name. (Missing you, Lidlo...).

In the light of all these different personas, names and so on I don't know why I have such a complex about having lost the plot in May, being 'out of character' without choice, really. Lucidity/'normality' is intertwined isn't it with societal acceptability/one's image? I haven't known such stigma which rules me these days. I also don't want to bring anybody down by articulating the reality of this phenomenom or cost (of going quite 'mad') so I find that talking in abstract terms is generally 'preferred'.

It is difficult not to be 'too serious' when discussing topics here which society calls upon us to avoid....such as 'death' and/or 'being as nothing'.

Is talking about everyday life of interest here? Does it accommodate the need/desire to be more lighthearted - more 'ordinary', perhaps, with one another ?

There is very deep snow today here (for Highgate).

Thanks for your patience, too:)

This post was last updated by Katy Ji (account deleted) Fri, 18 Jan 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 #138
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Katy Ji wrote:
Does writing as a woman instead and in alternative name change what you write?

Doesn't appear too does it? Yet the poster says.."But I have never diverted from reality, only changed a few names and details occasionally. Nothing has been fabricated" LOL nothing has been fabricated?No diversion from reality?LMAO!:)

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 #139
Thumb_stringio B Teulada Portugal 388 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Katy Ji wrote:
(Missing you, Lidlo...)

i never thought i'd say this but, that makes two of us, eh!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 #140

Katy Ji wrote:
Is talking about everyday life of interest here? Does it accommodate the need/desire to be more lighthearted - more 'ordinary', perhaps, with one another ?

Every serious place, hospital, museum, library, and the like has a cafeteria or some other such facility where you can relax a bit. This "anything under the sun" forum, as Pavani calls it, is a luminous idea.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 #141

Katy Ji wrote:
It is difficult not to be 'too serious' when discussing topics here which society calls upon us to avoid....such as 'death' and/or 'being as nothing'.

Hi Katy 

That's a very deep post indeed . Thanks for sharing all those details . We all do have those stages , periods in our life . Well sharing them with friends and talking may help some times I guess . 

Here for us we are entertaining some guests at home , which is very common in Indian families where one becomes busy doing all these formalities some times .

B Teulada wrote:
i never thought i'd say this but, that makes two of us, eh!

Hi T

I think it takes three of us in L . L ' missing lot club .

Maybe the moderator should consider requesting him to join back :) 

Paul 

Well sorry for abruptly writing about all that Indian Mythology stuff . Well may be later perhaps we will go into detailed  discussion .

This post was last updated by pavani rao Fri, 18 Jan 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 #142

pavani rao wrote:
That's a very deep post indeed

Yes, Pavani. Thanks.

A deep post and deep snow...quite a 'deep' day here (for me) today...Sounds like you are having an enjoyable feast :)

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 19 Jan 2013 #143

apropos Life and Living, some new life just came to someone very close to me - day before yesterday. Congrats to mother and daughter.

alt text

This post was last updated by Paul D (account deleted) Sat, 19 Jan 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 20 Jan 2013 #144

Hey Katy 

Well that is a nice picture indeed . I hope you know whom does that represent ? The picture  precisely  is called Dwarakadheesh  one of many faces of Lord Krishna . 

From this side it  seems the looking after of some our guests got carried away a bit long . 

You know Katy few expressions in your  post 139 caught my attention . ' Loosing your script ' ' out of character ' etc . I feel to be able to have  a reality check on various happenings / mishaps of one's  life and to have a perspective on our own selves  is helpful in getting a grip over that entity called Me and I . 

How is life these days ? 

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 20 Jan 2013 #145

see the child as an active participant in all this, rather than a passive, blank sheet, ready to receive the parental conditioning.

I fully agree with you Julia in this aspect . Well parenting and nurturing your own children is never an easy job isn't it ? I feel there is nothing more valuable quality than being honest with your children ... At the same time one always needs to keep a check on oneself about the timing and  how much is to be told to the child   so that the innocence and joys of the child hood is not lost . But you know what the real challenges of parenting comes when they are in their teens ...it becomes very important for the parents to be very well aware of the  prevailing trends in the society and it's  such a delicate job to see your children are  honed in the skills of handing peer / societal pressures and at the same time they respect humanity and human values of uprightness , honesty , and hard work to do well in life . 

And  even when they grow into adults the role of parenting is not  done but it is not so rigorous as the relationship comes to the stage of friend , philosopher and guide and most of the times your own children assuming  those roles than vice versa . :) 

Well I think that's quite an account of parenting I guess  and  last  but not the least I would like to say and the most important  aspect also that is giving unconditional love to one's children . Can any thing else substitute for that ?  

Post 145 is a nice picture . Congrats from my side too to both the mother and baby .

This post was last updated by pavani rao Sun, 20 Jan 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 20 Jan 2013 #146

pavani rao wrote:
I feel to be able to have  a reality check on various happenings / mishaps of one's  life and to have a perspective on our own selves  is helpful in getting a grip over that entity called Me and I . 

Yes, for sure you are right, Pavani...Thanks.

'Getting a grip' is a good expression:)

Glad you like the picture. I knew it was someone's interpretation of Lord Krishna but I didn't know which name. I like the painting and hope its religious connotations do not offend anyone. If so, I will choose a different picture.

This post was last updated by Katy Ji (account deleted) Sun, 20 Jan 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 20 Jan 2013 #147

pavani rao wrote:
Post 145 is a nice picture . Congrats from my side too to both the mother and baby .

Thank you Pavani, they are doing very well. We all went out for a meal today. 'Y' has two sisters, one aged 2 and the other 4. Three girls! They both swim and enjoyed the pool. 'T' (mother) gives thanks to God for an easy delivery, and to her conscious preparations. And thanks for your other copmments, which were lively and intelligent.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 #148

Hi B . T 

As we were discussing about  much used phrase of  K   ' the mirror of relationship ' and understanding ourselves in that mirror .... 

Frankly speaking I 'm rather stuck  not knowing how to go about  sharing / speaking on  this .. well we all have some relationships right ... ?  with parents , siblings , friends and then comes even the most intimate one's like husband / wife  followed by children ... We also must be having some perspective of what's it all about .. As society had already set a pattern  for following and fulfilling the respective  roles .
And now in any basic relationship what are the norms to be followed ? Initial understanding of the persons involved , keeping in mind their likes , dislikes , interests , to few at least personality traits / characteristics ... 
Then cones the differentiation of how much one needs to give and take in any relationship ...? Well I personally strongly feel that reciprocation is the key in sustaining any which so ever  relationship from both the sides ... Otherwise there is no bond ... It becomes only one sided and then it is as good as not having  any affinity at all ... 

In understanding of K ... He strongly affirms that whether it is  about Meditation or about Holistic Way of Living ... It   is about having or arriving at the clarity  of one self in relation to persons and things around .... In other words if we are not going through these motions of tackling our day to day living visa - v - our roles / alliances with the people involved in our life .... Well that includes too the faceless some times nameless posters with whom we interact so often  here in these forums .... There cannot be complete understanding ... 

Hmm ! Well after that clear or unclear attempt from my side may I expect some exchange and sharing  of views / experiences from our fellow posters ... ! 
Thanks . 

By the way here in this part of the country we are having very mild winters presently and it's a treat to sit in the morning sun and enjoy the slightly chilled cool breeze . :) 

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 #149

pavani rao wrote:
Hmm ! Well after that clear or unclear attempt from my side may I expect some exchange and sharing of views / experiences from our fellow posters ... !

Hello Pavani. As I said, I was never very clear about this bit of K's work. I do not remember actually reading anything on this anywere; i remember K mentioning this thing but never actually making clear what he meant by it. But i may have missed it or something.

what i understand this to be is that other people throw back at us what we are, so that we are the relations we have, in that the conflict and pain of our relations (for those of us for whom relations are filled with pain and conflict) reflect our inner conflict and turmoil as persons. to that extent, the less intense our inner conflict, the less painful the relations. i have verified this to be so in my own life over the years and a lot more so since discovering K. but, as i say, i am not sure this interpretation is correct or that i have understood him correctly.

what i am trying to convey is that people in conflict with themselves will inevitably be in conflict with others and people who are at peace with whom they are or conflict free, will be at peace with others around him.
And also, eventually, the less "me" there is, the less inner conflict, and therefore outer conflict, no?

but then this is pretty simple Psychology 101 and it does not take K to tell us so. Could this be why he never really went into this "mirror of relationship" thing all that deeply?. I don't know.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 #150

pavani rao wrote:
By the way here in this part of the country we are having very mild winters presently and it's a treat to sit in the morning sun and enjoy the slightly chilled cool breeze . :)

storms here: rain, strong wind, dark grey clouds, more rain, more wind .... :-(

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 121 - 150 of 327 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)