Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Us and them

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 233 in total
Mon, 04 Mar 2013 #1
Thumb_stringio randal patrick United States 3155 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Who doesn't belong to one of these catagories?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Tue, 05 Mar 2013 #2
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1930 posts in this forum Offline

Ah - the individual! Uncategorised. Or deluded?

The 'me' who doesn't belong!

This post was last updated by Patricia Hemingway Tue, 05 Mar 2013.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Tue, 05 Mar 2013 #3
Thumb_stringio randal patrick United States 3155 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
The 'me' who doesn't belong!

Well, personally I don't (belong)....and have few (belongings).

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 05 Mar 2013 #4
Thumb_stringio B Teulada Portugal 388 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

randal patrick wrote:

belong

not belonging is seen as a mortal sin in every society. Always has been.
Not belonging is the ultimate threat to society.
If you are neither a follower nor a leader society doesn't know what the hell to do with you.

the secret is - like K - to be able to fly under the radar.
now, how does one do that :-) ?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 05 Mar 2013 #5
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1930 posts in this forum Offline

B Teulada wrote:

This is true. I suggest it is easy to 'fly under the radar' in today's society, simply because people only hear what they want to hear, and disregard the rest. :) And K knew this - it was demonstrated quite clearly during his lifetime.

Tue, 05 Mar 2013 #6

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
it is easy to 'fly under the radar' in today's society, simply because people only hear what they want to hear, and disregard the rest

yes, something like feeling invisible at home telling the children to tidy up their rooms ha ha ha !!

Tue, 05 Mar 2013 #7
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

B Teulada wrote:
yes, something like feeling invisible at home telling the children to tidy up their rooms ha ha ha !!

LOL..boy do I know that one!:)

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Tue, 05 Mar 2013 #8
Thumb_295902_10150361346929121_667049120_8087939_521721644_n Angel Miolan Dominican Republic 179 posts in this forum Offline

I know this comments will bother some friends, but I fell I have to said it. When we join this side of JK teachings, if we are not aware, we can involve in a kind of belonging to a way of flying under the radar. Is living the satisfaction to be specials egos with a knowledge ¨the others ¨doesn’t have. What is real fact is that we are just unconventional egos talking about states of mind we don’t live under a state of total transformation. Warm regards, Angel.

lobo de la estepa

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 05 Mar 2013 #9
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

randal patrick wrote:
Who doesn't belong to one of these categories?

It's basically me and you.

if there is separate me, then there is 'you' too, so whether I deny or accept, I belong to 'me' and 'u', 'us' and 'them'.

randal patrick wrote:
Well, personally I don't (belong)....and have few (belongings).

This is contradiction...there may be two reason of it, either you try to say which is not possible to express through words or it's not a fact:)

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 05 Mar 2013 #10

RICK LEIN wrote:
LOL..boy do I know that one!:)

ah... i am glad i am not alone; nothing personal Rick but you know how it is... misery loves company, eh!

Tue, 05 Mar 2013 #11

dhirendra singh wrote:
if there is separate me, then there is 'you' too, so whether I deny or accept, I belong to 'me' and 'u', 'us' and 'them'.

Wah!:)

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 05 Mar 2013 #12

B Teulada wrote:
ah... i am glad i am not alone; nothing personal Rick but you know how it is... misery loves company, eh!

Well mine are all grown up now..only one stays with me at the present time. In fact my kids taught me more about myself than most people have!:)

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 05 Mar 2013 #13

RICK LEIN wrote:
Wah!:)

:) hi Rick.

I don't know

Tue, 05 Mar 2013 #14

B Teulada wrote:

Find a bunch of rich people who are willing to support your lifestyle in hopes of getting into heaven, like K did, that's how.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 05 Mar 2013 #15

dhirendra singh wrote:
This is contradiction...

No, no contridiction. And nothing is impossible to express in words, if one has a certain understanding. When people have trouble expressing or refuse to express, they are simply repeating, I mean K spoke rather well for 60 years without much trouble.

Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #16

randal patrick wrote:
No, no contridiction. And nothing is impossible to express in words, if one has a certain understanding. When people have trouble expressing or refuse to express, they are simply repeating, I mean K spoke rather well for 60 years without much trouble.

There is no proof that K succeeded.(to express)
Sentence "I don't belong" is contradiction, probably "no I" don't belong.

I don't know

Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #17
Thumb_295902_10150361346929121_667049120_8087939_521721644_n Angel Miolan Dominican Republic 179 posts in this forum Offline

randal patrick wrote:
Find a bunch of rich people who are willing to support your lifestyle in hopes of getting into heaven, like K did, that's how.

I fell your commentary are totally cynic in terms of what really was the nature of the teachings of JK and the effort of people around him to spread this understanding.

lobo de la estepa

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 4 readers
Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #18
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5800 posts in this forum Offline

randal patrick wrote:

So bitter, you are, at being caught on a lower economic rung and unable to access those material goods you think you deserve. Instead be happy. An excess of material goods is nothing but a distraction and a drain on the finite resources of this planet. (My apologies to Rick and Yoda).

And I totally agree with the comment above from the "Steppenwolf".

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Wed, 06 Mar 2013.

Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #19

Jack Pine wrote:
(My apologies to Rick and Yoda).

LOL:)

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #20
Thumb_stringio Julian S United Kingdom 194 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

randal patrick wrote:

I dare say you're being deliberately provocative, but the fact is that K didn't find a bunch of rich people, they found him. And then when he was old enough he walked away from most of what they were trying to give him.

Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #21
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5800 posts in this forum Offline

Julian S wrote:
I dare say you're being deliberately provocative, but the fact is that K didn't find a bunch of rich people, they found him. And then when he was old enough he walked away from most of what they were trying to give him.

I say good show Julian. Quite right.

Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #22

dhirendra singh wrote:
There is no proof that K succeeded.(to express)

But this has nothing to do with what I said. Just because you were not there to hear it, does not mean a tree didn't fall.

Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #23

Angel Miolan wrote:
the effort of people around him to spread this understanding.

You talk about it, like it is the flu. How can one/you spread an understanding you/one does not have? If you/they are/were spreading something they only believe in, well, that's a sin. And my pointing out the fact, is not cynicism. No pun intended.

Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #24

Jack Pine wrote:
So bitter, you are, at being caught on a lower economic rung and unable to access those material goods you think you deserve. Instead be happy.

I would only suggest that it is those who have everything and still cannot comprehend K's message, that are bitter.

What is this thing you are calling "happy'? K would tell you that it is an ideal opposite you have created to compensate for "what is", which is your un-happiness. there is the source of your bitterness, in that corridor of opposites.

But don't worry, buy something, it will make you feel better. (unnecessary provocation)

Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #25

Jack Pine wrote:
And I totally agree with the comment above from the "Steppenwolf".

To those of us on the "lower economic rung", steppenwolf, is a rock band that for some reason isn't in the rock and roll hall of fame. Even though john cougar, is. That's what I'm bitter about.

Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #26

Julian S wrote:
but the fact is that K didn't find a bunch of rich people, they found him.

Ok, they found him.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #27

Julian S wrote:
I dare say you're being deliberately provocative,

Well, I've been posting here for a good 10 years (minus 2, for bad behaviour) and I post the same consistent stuff over and over. yet some (you, jack, etc.) feel compelled to visit me and complain about what I have to say. If you feel provoked, stay away (the comfort forums are just around the corner), or deal with it like K wanted you to.

Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #28

Julian S wrote:
And then when he was old enough he walked away from most of what they were trying to give him.

So then, who paid for his sleeping accomadations and airline tickets and food, after 1929?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #29
Thumb_stringio Julian S United Kingdom 194 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

randal patrick wrote:
yet some (you, jack, etc.) feel compelled to visit me and complain about what I have to say.

Cripes, don't lump me in with Jack Pine. I was questioning the substance of what you said, not attacking you for saying it.

Wed, 06 Mar 2013 #30

Angel Miolan wrote:
in terms of what really was the nature of the teachings of JK

What really is the nature of jk's teaching? Do you have a deep fundamental understanding or simply faith?

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 233 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)