Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

The Ego in the mirror of the forums

Displaying all 10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 #1
Thumb_295902_10150361346929121_667049120_8087939_521721644_n Angel Miolan Dominican Republic 179 posts in this forum Offline

I'm going to try to
express my self with my limitations writing in English, so please excuse
me if I don't do it in a proper manner.

I like to begin referring my experience as a Moderator of others groups
(in Spanish speaking). This Spanish groups do not exist right now because the conflict proper of the "I" state of consciousness established on them and carry of to collapse and final close.. And it can't be in another way, because we forget sometimes that this is our state of mind at the moment, the one from we relate each other in life, and in the forums, with this background of ignorance and reactions.
For the ones who moderate this spaces, sometimes is difficult to do it, because no matter how much you try to reconcile the parts
involve in arguments, some friends do it again and again, because they don't see "what it is": the Ego struggling in the middle.
The must of the times we write to participate in the groups I believe we are not really open to inquire into ours minds and hearts. "Awareness" is only and intellectual topic for the must off us, because we are more
interesting in compete, react with a sense of envy, arrogance, or with psychological violence underground, etc. I'm telling all this not
because I'm interesting in express a negative focus on the groups or because I feel different or better than the others. Is only because I
want to suggest we all must be conscious and aware of what we are when we participate and expose in this special type of groups, made for inner perception of ourselves (the "I" or the Insight) in the mirror of the other. The more we lock at the mirror and we accept error, the
closer we are to understand without words and masquerades. I hope I can be able to be coherent to tell this things to you and the friends. Angel

lobo de la estepa

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 #2
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Yes,

All enquiry must be internal. All discussion should be helpfull to boost internal awareness.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 #3
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Angel Miolan wrote:
because we forget sometimes that this is our state of mind at the moment, the one from we relate each other in life, and in the forums, with this background of ignorance and reactions.

Yes Angel,there is no conflict in truth,conflict exists between two false things!It seems the point of these interactions is to expose our own conditioning,when we forget that,we are bound to create further confict,both within and without!

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 #4
Thumb_img001 Sudhir Sharma India 1989 posts in this forum Offline

RICK LEIN wrote:
there is no conflict in truth,conflict exists between two false things!It seems the point of these interactions is to expose our own conditioning,when we forget that,we are bound to create further confict,both within and without

We are conditioned through and through and in conflict-When this is seen as clearly as you see anyother object,then only ending of conditioning and conflict is possible without effort.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 #5

mark exley wrote:
Most people will not be here in any way other than these two. That leaves some people!

All of us start in these two ways. If one finds that actions of most people are guided by the ego, then can't it be safely stated that the finder's ego is also intact and active ?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 #6

mark exley wrote:
Who is the finder, for example?

Finder is the person who has observed the behaviour of another person and is now critically commenting about that person.Such comments has nothing to do with perception unless the finder wants to understand himself from such comments.

Sir,If possible, please do not bring in God in to discussion as this hampers the free expression of some.Also division of any kind will always breed conflict.Words are not the thing,once this is seen clearly,then they lose their ability to mislead us-Regards.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 13 Feb 2010 #7
Thumb_patricia_1_2016_copy Patricia Hemingway Australia 1924 posts in this forum Offline

mark exley wrote:
Most people will not be here in any way other than these two. That leaves some people!

Surely the only thing that matters to anyone is 'why am I here'? Everything else is just more analysis of other people. Same old same old - solves nothing.

What does it matter WHY anyone else is on this forum? One communicates - or one does not. There is no choice but to take the forum as it is - only a would-be 'authority' might wish to change it.

The forum is what it is - revealing.

This post was last updated by Patricia Hemingway Sat, 13 Feb 2010.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Sat, 13 Feb 2010 #8
Thumb_michael_ Michael Berry Australia 24 posts in this forum Offline

mark exley wrote:
Neither of the two faces of ego is sincere.

Ego has as many faces as the individuated self...but as that self is illusion the ego has only one face...the image of itself!

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 16 Feb 2010 #9
Thumb_295902_10150361346929121_667049120_8087939_521721644_n Angel Miolan Dominican Republic 179 posts in this forum Offline

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
Surely the only thing that matters to anyone is 'why am I here'? Everything else is just more analysis of other people. Same old same old - solves nothing.

Hi Patricia: I believe as you said, the forum reveal what we are and each one of us, if we are aware of our reactions went we wrote, and at the same time aware of the other, feeling a sense of humility, we can learn from our contents and false notions of an Ego. If we are here with a serious interest in mind transformation, we will do whatever is necessary to learn. Please excuse my limitations writing in English. Angel.

lobo de la estepa

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 16 Feb 2010 #10
Thumb_deleted_user_med Randal Shacklett United States 1128 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
only a would-be 'authority' might wish to change it.

if I refuse to follow the authority of information/communication, how can someone standing on a soup box/golden pedestal, hurt me? So I don't worry about the authority of some schnook sitting at his/her computer.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 10 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)