Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

WHAT DOES "MYSELF ONLY" MEAN?

This topic is locked.

Displaying all 14 posts
Page 1 of 1
Thu, 11 Oct 2018 #1
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5228 posts in this forum Offline

Why are you separating yourself from the rest of us? Remember your recent post where you said the "Self" is an illusion? All I was pointing out was that if the "Self" is an illusion then everything the self thinks and says is an illusion.

Yet you continue to lay down rules and absolute conclusions about what you believe. But when someone questions those beliefs, points out the inconsistencies and contradictions then your bruised ego, your "self only" gets hurt. On top of this you try to insult someone and then lock the thread so that there can be no rebuttal or further communication.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 12 Oct 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 #2

GB, you accuse others of mental problems yet you spend a great deal of your time ranting about other people. Why can't anyone question the confused and contradictory remarks you make?

So now you have a locked thread that only you can make comments on. Why are you so afraid of dialoguing with people? Why won't your ego allow for others to disagree with you or discuss what you write with you?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 #3
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 Myself Only United States 535 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
Why are you separating yourself from the rest of us? Remember your recent post where you said the "Self" is an illusion? All I was pointing out was that if the "Self" is an illusion then everything the self thinks and says is an illusion.

You claim that you are an expert on Krishnamurti and you don't know that the self is an illusion!!!! You argue over that with myself . are you a psychologist ? You keep insulting anybody that you don't understand or choose not to understand ,I don't need to prove it ,it is all recorded and is there. Apparently you think that there is a self that is apart from thought and thinks . What can I say, that is an illusion. The self is an illusion.
I haven't read the rest of what you wrote because I don't want to have to swap insult with you all day. Apparently you thrive on conflict in this site and I am tired of you twisting what I say according to your obsession with BG and respond out of an illusion that you feed.
And there you are sending me another personal and useless message. I won't read it . You have said everything you could. It doesn't work. Give up.

This post was last updated by Myself Only Fri, 12 Oct 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 #4
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 Myself Only United States 535 posts in this forum Offline

Myself Only wrote:

But the self is an illusion. There is no deep illusion unless one is on drugs and hallucinates that he talks to God or Jesus .

This is what I mean. You contradict yourself. You have no idea what you're talking about. Obviously you, your center, your ego, you know the thing you called an illusion, make things up. So if the self is an illusion so are the things it makes up. So all your rules, beliefs, conclusions are illusions. You roger that?

Do you have any idea how confused these things you write are?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 #5

Above is what you wrote in my discussion, and then you twist it and write something different in here. You are merely playing with words which is your illusion.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 #6

Myself Only wrote:
Above is what you wrote in my discussion, and then you twist it and write something different in here.

Above is what you wrote to me today: And then below you wrote:

Myself Only wrote:
You claim that you are an expert on Krishnamurti and you don't know that the self is an illusion!!!!

When did I ever say I was an expert on anything let alone Krishnamurti? And if you are able to read and comprehend you will see that I am saying the self is an illusion, an invention of thought. You do exactly what you accuse others of doing. You twist things people write around to suit your own needs. Don't you see that you are what you accuse others of being?

And how dense are you? No one should have to tell you this but when you double post the same message delete one of them so as not to clog the thread. How smart do you have to be to figure that out for yourself?

I'm not twisting and writing something different. I asked you questions about what you wrote and was showing you how you contradict yourself. As I pointed out before your reading comprehension skills are somewhat lacking. I don't think you understand, most of the time, what people write to you or what K has said or written.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 12 Oct 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 #7

"So if the self is an illusion so are the things it makes up. So all your rules, beliefs, conclusions are illusions. You roger that?"jack
It is totally a wastage of time to read your comments Jack . You seem to be a no minder and merely repeat the same thing over and over.

You are not sure that the self is an illusion .You say IF the self is an illusion. See how tricky you are. Show me where you said that the self IS an illusion ??? See how you twist things up. Are you on any medication?, it must be that.

This post was last updated by Myself Only Fri, 12 Oct 2018.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 #8

If you get pleasure in being personal and useless I can put some of the responses that other people (who mostly their account was deleted!) In here and see that they say the same thing about you as I say you do. I really don't care to be deleted in this site. I won't miss a thing, I assure you.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 #9

Another thing I have been trying to point out to you GB is that you don't have to come to conclusions about everything. You don't have to name everything. For example, to say that the self is an illusion or isn't an illusion is just thought, your conditioning, labeling everything. If you see the self, are aware of the self in a quiet moment you don't have to name it.

Do you see what I mean? When you name things, which is coming to a conclusion, that is your conditioning kicking in. You are not seeing self in the present, in the now, you are describing what you think the self is which is the past. Do you understand what I am saying?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 #10

"Now you're being an idiot. You are being fooled that's who." Jack

Rip B (11 comments ,account deleted) : Name calling now?

It seems the brainwashing here is thicker than usual on these type of forums.

The pointed finger always points back on itself - you're projecting an image of me and attacking that image, which is essentially attacking yourself.

Anyway, safe journey to you all..."
There you go jack ,great job . others must love you for doing these kind of things in here and still not being banned!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 #11

Myself Only wrote:
If you get pleasure in being personal and useless

See, you're doing it again. Instead of reading and understanding what I have written to you, you have formed an image of me and no matter what I write you twist it to reinforce that image you have. Even if it doesn't make sense, like most of the things you write.

I would suggest you get a grip on yourself and don't worry about who you think I am. And GB, I couldn't care less about your threats. You must be really desperate to try that route. Or is that something John Perkins has suggested to you. I noticed you and he were on the forum together a few minutes ago when I got on.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 #12

Rip b: really Jack?

First the post above, then this message:

Jack:Rip you had me fooled there for a bit. I thought you were not that stupid but you are. It's hard to let go of all that junk you have read trying to find comfort from what others believe and have said. You are an idiot and a fool if you really believe that garbage you have been putting on here. Brother did you ever pick the wrong site to spread bullshit. Try Tolle or someone like that. I think you will find like-minded people. Bye, bye."

Rip B : Painting an unfavorable picture of me why? In hopes I'll try and defend 'my' image? Not identified with any image, not of even having read or understood K at all, so paint away.

Certainly you have better things to do? Maybe not, so may as well hang around and help folks organize 'truth'.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 #13

There is a lot more of jack's image making of others .I will be glad to post them in here when I have time.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 #14

Myself Only wrote:
There is a lot more of jack's image making of others .I will be glad to post them in here when I have time.

You mean when John Perkins looks them up or makes them up for you. You don't have the brains to do it yourself.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 14 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)