Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Can we share K's teachings or we can not ?

Displaying all 9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Wed, 21 Nov 2018 #1
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1139 posts in this forum Offline

How do you share anything?

People like to share food with other people who they like only. Is that true sharing? It is business. I give you food and you give me companionship. Is that love?

This post was last updated by One Self Thu, 22 Nov 2018.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Thu, 22 Nov 2018 #2
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1139 posts in this forum Offline

We can point to his videos in the YouTube. Beside that how is one to share the teachings of K? That is my question. Can K's teachings be shared or not?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sat, 24 Nov 2018 #3

Been thinking about this question on and off. The fact is that krishnamurti gave awareness to those who took time and listen to him. The next question is , what is 'awareness' which K gave to others?
Can awareness be shared?

This post was last updated by One Self Sat, 24 Nov 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 26 Nov 2018 #4

There is a difference between awareness and information. All we can do in these online discussions is give information. K didn't want to merely give information. He was concerned with the transformation of man . For that his audiences have to work as hard as he was working or it merely became informational and meaningless ..

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 27 Nov 2018 #5
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 596 posts in this forum Offline

Ken D wrote:
If nothing is permanent, then what is that is transformed?

That's actually a very important question. Quite a few people, interested in meditation or spiritual matters, chase after a state, or states. They think that enlightenment, or whatever you want to call it, is a state. Perhaps they think it is a state where the mind is no longer thinking willy nilly but has quieted down. And then they feel confounded when this cherished state doesn't linger. A moment of deep peace, of stillness, and then bammo! Busy thoughts return. The quiet mind state they seek is just as temporary as any other.

Real insight doesn't come and go. It is not the transformation of an individual separate self. The true, the outside of time, connects, opens, vibrates with energy. And when real connection is, then states may come and go, thoughts may come and go, but underneath there is no coming and going. It is something quite beyond you and me. Yet it is not separate from you and me. The everywhere/everything endures. The momentary is the timeless. Words fail.

This post was last updated by idiot ? Tue, 27 Nov 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 27 Nov 2018 #6

Ken D wrote:
He was concerned with the transformation of man.

If nothing is permanent, then what is that is transformed?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 27 Nov 2018 #7

The word "transformed" is already a dead thing because it has happened in the past and it is no longer transforming . What is important is now. Is one transforming himself or is one stenthening his or her self therefor living in constant conflict and pain? That is my question.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 28 Nov 2018 #8

Ken D wrote:
What's the difference between continually transforming and continually changing?

Krishnamurt: That which continues decays.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 28 Nov 2018 #9

Transformation takes place naturaly when the thinker no longer seperates itself from his thought.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 9 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)