Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

tree

Displaying all 10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Thu, 20 Feb 2020 #1
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 782 posts in this forum Offline

When I looked out my window, I saw the most beautiful beech tree. It was large and healthy, well over 100 years old. I often would look out the window and see its gently swaying branches.

Today they are here and are completely cutting it down and removing it. There is evil in this world.

I am crying.

I feel repentant. I am sorry for the harm I have caused others. I am sorry for all the times I have treated anyone poorly.

You see, the outside is the inside. The ruthless destruction is not apart from me. All I can do is be aware. All I can do is end my own violence.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 21 Feb 2020 #2
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1630 posts in this forum Offline

The same thing happened where I lived . They butchered two beautiful healthy oldest trees because their roots were cracking the side walk concrete. That is surely shows a retarded city officials. It is not our fault at all. ,

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 21 Feb 2020 #3
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 935 posts in this forum Offline

Sorry to hear about the tree - life's a beech sometimes.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Fri, 21 Feb 2020 #4
Thumb_spock Douglas MacRae-Smith France 159 posts in this forum Offline

Please use that emotional Energy : take action by planting some baby trees - Old trees are havens for loads of living beings, but Young trees are better at carbon capture (and may become old trees)

idiot ? wrote:
the outside is the Inside

Could also mean that what we think we see "out there" is just our conditioning "in here" expressing itself through analysis and interpretation.

Look, see, let go

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 21 Feb 2020 #5

There's a large trunk and stump left. Today they come to finish the murder. It's like the Joni Mitchell song, "They pave paradise, put up a parking lot." It's not just in the Amazon area of Brazil. Stupidity is rampant all over the globe.

K talks about humans thoughtlessly picking flowers and throwing them on the ground. Sometimes it's not flowers, but instead gorgeous, hundred year old trees.

I see people walking by and looking sadly at what was once great beauty. The birds and squirrels that lived in the tree have already moved on, much less attached than I am.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 21 Feb 2020 #6
Thumb_spock Douglas MacRae-Smith France 159 posts in this forum Offline

global forest cover has increased since 1980s

Look, see, let go

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 25 Feb 2020 #7
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5795 posts in this forum Offline

We're losing 18.7 million acres of forests annually, equivalent to 27 soccer fields every minute. Deforestation is a particular concern in tropical rain forests because these forests are home to much of the world's biodiversity.

By Christina Nunez National Geographic

PUBLISHED February 7, 2019

As the world seeks to slow the pace of climate change, preserve wildlife, and support billions of people, trees inevitably hold a major part of the answer. Yet the mass destruction of trees—deforestation—continues, sacrificing the long-term benefits of standing trees for short-term gain.
Forests still cover about 30 percent of the world’s land area, but they are disappearing at an alarming rate. Between 1990 and 2016, the world lost 502,000 square miles (1.3 million square kilometers) of forest, according to the World Bank—an area larger than South Africa. Since humans started cutting down forests, 46 percent of trees have been felled, according to a 2015 study in the journal Nature. About 17 percent of the Amazonian rainforest has been destroyed over the past 50 years, and losses recently have been on the rise.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 25 Feb 2020 #8
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5795 posts in this forum Offline

The above are just two excerpts from any number of articles documenting the alarming loss of our forests. Of special concern are the rain forests with their huge diversity of life.

This is the age of misinformation. The majority of the corporate, including the news media, world doesn't want the masses to know the facts. This is evident by the obvious fact that most of these two institutions support the pathological liar now occupying the White House in the United States.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Wed, 26 Feb 2020.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Sat, 29 Feb 2020 #9
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 935 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
When I looked out my window, I saw the most beautiful beech tree. It was large and healthy, well over 100 years old. I often would look out the window and see its gently swaying branches.

Today they are here and are completely cutting it down and removing it. There is evil in this world.

I think this incident underlines our complete lack of connection with nature. I suppose many Native American people had a completely different relationship to nature than most of us who live in modern societies. Many native Americans lived very close to and in harmony with nature and understood that when we hurt nature we are hurting ourselves. Perhaps we understand this intelectually but as we are so removed from nature that it's difficult to really feel the tragedy of this beautiful beech tree being cut down. Idiot?, how did the other people in your neighbourhood (if there are any) feel about this? Perhaps there was no warning given and so no opportunity to try to stop this.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 01 Mar 2020 #10

Sean Hen wrote:
Idiot?, how did the other people in your neighbourhood (if there are any) feel about this? Perhaps there was no warning given and so no opportunity to try to stop this.

Most of my neighbors probably expected it to be a routine tree trimming. I spoke in Spanish to the workers and they told me they were cutting the tree down completely. They didn't know why the home owner hired them to do it. Even though I knew as it was happening, there was little I could do. By law in California a home owner can do what they want with trees on their property.

After it was cut down, I saw many people walking by sadly and looking at where the tree had been. I overheard one person say to another that the street just wasn't the same.

Now all that is left is roots in a sidewalk.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 10 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)