Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Observations

Displaying posts 91 - 120 of 158 in total
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 #91
Thumb_stringio Paul Davidson United Kingdom 3659 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jack Pine wrote:
you seem to be pulling stuff up that you were unable to settle at the time.

Could you elaborate, Jack?

"The ego is first and foremost a body ego." S. Freud

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 #92
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Davidson wrote:
Was he Rick's friend? I thought he was mine!

:)

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 #93
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Paul Davidson wrote:
Yes Dhirendra, go for it! Expose yourself too!

Warning this site may be closed due to overexposure to Bull shit...LOL:)

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 #94

Paul Davidson wrote:
dhirendra singh wrote:
David plus some thing(Rick's friend), has dared to expose himself as bullshit.

I have a friend? Poor fellow...

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 #95
Thumb_stringio Paul Davidson United Kingdom 3659 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

RICK LEIN wrote:
I have a friend? Poor fellow...

Actually Rick, have you heard from David at all since he left? I often think of him. Rough edges alright, but still unafraid to say what he saw. Remember this from last October?

++++++++++++=

Last week my wife and I were in Ojai. We stayed, as always, at the Lindley House next to Arya Vihara or what is now called the "Pepper Tree Retreat". The K library, which is Pine Cottage where K lived frequently and where he died, was being rented out. The library was closed and the Pepper Tree Retreat was rented out to the participants of some mother-baby seminar. After that event ended there was another seminar scheduled called "Wisdom Gathering" which was also not related to anything about K.

Troy Sumrall, the new director of the KFA, and presumeably with the backing of the KFA Board has decided to temporarily suspend providing a place for people to come and study K's writings. Instead they are renting to anyone with a few bucks just to drum up some money. They are prostituting themselves and the sole purpose for which the KFA is suppose to exist. If there is not enough interest in what K said to support the Foundations then they should be shut down. It's not fair to people who send money to the Foundations for them to whore out the facilities to anyone with a few bucks and deny those who may have traveled a long way access to the facilities and to see where K lived and to study his works.

Now you can argue that they need to do this because they need the money but that doesn't fly. The one purpose of the various Krishnamurti Foundations is to keep available the record of the talks, the books, all the writings of K. Not to keep the foundations going at any costs so that Troy Sumrall and others can keep their jobs. Sumrall should be immediatately fired as should any board member who approved this gross misuse of the K library.

We all knew it was just a matter of time before the various K Foundations would be wholly corrupted but who knew it would be this soon after K's death?

Tue, 20 Sep 2011 #96

Paul Davidson wrote:
Actually Rick, have you heard from David at all since he left?

No I have not.He was interesting though..just like Randal..or Chafia/O.M. and others.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 #97
Thumb_295902_10150361346929121_667049120_8087939_521721644_n Angel Miolan Dominican Republic 179 posts in this forum Offline

How far do you want to go taking this participation so personal ? You all are serious persons so please lets talk rather than fight like kids. Angel.

lobo de la estepa

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 #98

Angel Miolan wrote:
How far do you want to go taking this participation so personal ? You all are serious persons so please lets talk rather than fight like kids. Angel.

I will go for that, Angel. Thank you for your input.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 #99
Thumb_tampura ganesan balachandran India 2204 posts in this forum Offline

Angel Miolan wrote:

The stones speak the same when they are unyoked and when they are on their journey, with their stamplings like the noises of men who drink deeply. Like those who sow seed and grow grain, they gobble up the Soma without diminishing it as they lap it up.
gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 #100

Paul Davidson wrote:
I will go for that, Angel.

Let not your dear soul burn you as you go. Let not the axe do lasting harm to your body. Let no greedy, clumsy slaughterer hack you in the wrong place and damage your limbs with his knife.

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 #101
Thumb_deleted_user_med Muad dhib Ireland 175 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

RICK LEIN wrote:
He was interesting though..just like Randal..or Chafia/O.M. and others.

I agree rick...they were bringing something vitally needed in such a forum....the vital diversity, without trolling to destroy ....they may have kept Bob as well , for me no doubt he should have stayed , in his manner he brings much and beyond what may sound rather wrong with himself to some , but is not in my views( well who is not wrong ?) this is too clean...

PS: having said that , about yogi and killers like him, well , like in real life they better harm themselves than others..

got the movie ,will watch it today :)

Dan.....

This post was last updated by Muad dhib (account deleted) Wed, 21 Sep 2011.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 #102

Muad dhib wrote:
this is too clean...

Oh no, this is Peyton Place. Full of backstabbing and dirty gossip. And a bit of a men's club - not however a 'gentleman's club.'

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 #103

ganesan balachandran wrote:
Let not your dear soul burn you as you go. Let not the axe do lasting harm to your body. Let no greedy, clumsy slaughterer hack you in the wrong place and damage your limbs with his knife.

Thank you Ganesan. Mad axemen (and X-men) take note!

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 #104
Thumb_295902_10150361346929121_667049120_8087939_521721644_n Angel Miolan Dominican Republic 179 posts in this forum Offline

Let not your dear soul burn you as you go. Let not the axe do lasting harm to your body. Let no greedy, clumsy slaughterer hack you in the wrong place and damage your limbs with his knife

Its yours or you copy this poem? Angel

lobo de la estepa

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 #105

Muad dhib wrote:
I agree rick...they were bringing something vitally needed in such a forum....the vital diversity, without trolling to destroy ....they may have kept Bob as well , for me no doubt he should have stayed , in his manner he brings much and beyond what may sound rather wrong with himself to some , but is not in my views( well who is not wrong ?)

I agree with you.(Though I don't know Bob).

Randal is sharpest person, I ever met on this forum or any other K forum.A Person with real understanding.

Chafia too is marvellous, a combination of big heart and sharp mind, affectionate and loving human.Forget about her tiny lies and all the nonsense, these all are very superficial.In real she is a great human being.

Personally I am attached to both, I like them and love them.

Thanks for your comment, Dan.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 #106

RICK LEIN wrote:
Warning this site may be closed due to overexposure to Bull shit...LOL:)

:)

I should post lesser to prevent overexposure to bullshit!!

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 #107
Thumb_deleted_user_med Muad dhib Ireland 175 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

dhirendra singh wrote:
I agree with you.(Though I don't know Bob).

Bob was Robert Michael here..

Dan.....

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 #108

Muad dhib wrote:
Bob was Robert Michael here..

Yeah, he was the first to notice that evolution and alcoholism . . .

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 #109

I want to take the discussion on 'knowledge' a little further so will start a new thread on that. This one being maainly for observations rather than discussion.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 #110

Angel Miolan wrote:
Its yours or you copy this poem? Angel

All my vedic quotes are copy( not computer generated copy and paste) from 'The Rig Veda An Anthology by Wendy Donier O' flaherty'published by The Penguin Classics and using them to situations, i think is from me, with occasional interpretations or substituting words like agni, soma, Indra ....with intelligence, awareness, love , ecstacy ....so on.as i understood.
thank you
gb

This post was last updated by ganesan balachandran Thu, 22 Sep 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 #111

All my vedic quotes are copy

Hi Ganesan. Max and I have briefly looked at the question of knowledge of colour. How is colour expressed in the Vedas? Is the sky blue? I notice in all the quotes you give there are no colours - or I did not notice it. Is this correct?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 #112
Thumb_flower_4 Ana Flavia Lucas Brazil 28 posts in this forum Offline

All my vedic quotes are copy( not computer generated copy and paste)

with occasional interpretations or substituting words like agni, soma, Indra ....with intelligence, awareness, love , ecstacy ....so on.as i understood.

Thank you very much for that, GB! I am not allways able to understand, but even then, I, or something in me, likes it.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 #113

Paul Davidson wrote:
I notice in all the quotes you give there are no colours - or I did not notice it. Is this correct?

Paul Davidson wrote:
The Ancient Greeks, along with every other ancient culture, had no word for blue and hardly much 'colour sense' at all.

No.that i will come to it later. have you noticed we don't dream colours.
i will delete however even if, if you want me to proceed on colour sense of the ancients.Sir C.V. Raman got the inspiration from the ancient culture only, when they depict Vishnu in blue. But white and black were there.Shukla yajur veda, krishna yajur veda. i have to see the originals. the information you have provided is interesting.
gb

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 #114

Paul Davidson wrote:
How is colour expressed in the Vedas?

Dawn.

Her brilliant flame has become visible once more; she spreads herself out, driving back the formless black abyss. As one sets up the stake in the sacrifice, anointing and adorning it with coloured ornaments, so the daughter of the sky sets up her many- coloured light.

This post was last updated by ganesan balachandran Thu, 22 Sep 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 #115

Harness your red gold horses now, O prize giving Dawn, and bring good fortunes to us.
gb

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 #116

The sun has yoked the seven splendid daughters of the chariot; he goes with them, who yoke themselves.
gb

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 #117

Let us place my yellow pallor among parrots and thrushes, or let us place my yellow pallor among other yellow birds in yellow trees.

gb

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 #118

Ana Flavia Lucas wrote:
I am not allways able to understand, but even then, I, or something in me, likes it.

Is that not with K also:)

However K brings us to the ground, but this has to be viewed from the ground. The more we are nearer to the ground more we get out of it.
gb

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 #119

These poems are beautiful. Thank you Ganesan for this images that allow us to swam across the turbulent waters of reaction. Angel

lobo de la estepa

Fri, 23 Sep 2011 #120

Angel Miolan wrote:
swam across the turbulent waters of reaction

The tempests race together after the gale; they come to him like women to a rendezvous. Yoked with them to a single chariot, the god who is the king of the whole universe passes by.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 91 - 120 of 158 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)