Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Observations

Displaying posts 151 - 158 of 158 in total
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 #151
Thumb_avatar Dhanan Rao India 75 posts in this forum Offline

"My children are grown up, live far away, and they're struggling to make ends meet in this economy. They can't even afford to visit me."

Ok, sorry about the economic condition. Guess, such are the times presently.

Certainly would love to meet anybody visiting India. Of course in case of Paul.... he is already so garrulous, voluble and prolific on the board that am wondering what else is left to discuss. ;)

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 4 readers
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 #152
Thumb_stringio Paul Davidson United Kingdom 3659 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Dear Dhanan,

Thank you for the words. Yes, garrulous. Ever since I was very little I've been verbose. We are all different.

But I do not chatter for the sake of it, and never to people who dare not write in their own names but through sock-puppets.

Lidlo Lady is a case in point. Who would invent such a ridiculous character? Why?

"The ego is first and foremost a body ego." S. Freud

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 #153
Thumb_avatar Dhanan Rao India 75 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Davidson wrote:
and never to people who dare not write in their own names but through sock-puppets.
Lidlo Lady is a case in point. Who would invent such a ridiculous character? Why?

Actually Lidlolady is an old character in Kinfonet right from its previous incarnation who is prone to enforce dramatic grammatical corrections on Kinfonians. If it is the same person there will be lot of entertainment for sure.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 #154
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1929 posts in this forum Offline

Lidlolady is Nick Carter in drag.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 #155
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5770 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Davidson wrote:
garrulous. Ever since I was very little I've been verbose. We are all different.

I think the definition of garrulous is excessively verbose. Are we all different? Are we other than our conditioning and the resulting emotions? And are those characteristics so different from person to person?

Thu, 27 Oct 2011 #156
Thumb_stringio lidlo lady United States 4003 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Yes, you're so right. We're all the same...except when we talk about all the expensive, exciting things we're going to do. Then, we're the same as rich people.

Dhanan, I think Paul ought to contact you when he gets to India. He could rent a car and drive over to your place, take you out to lunch, tell you all about his plans for the future... it'd be great!

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 31 Oct 2011 #157
Thumb_stringio lidlo lady United States 4003 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Oh dear! It seems Paul Davidson's account has been deleted! What on earth happened? Did he get angry and write offensive things? Oh I do hope he's alright.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Nov 2011 #158

Has anyone heard from Paul? I'm so worried! He went to Brazil, and we know what a violent place that is! Does anyone know if he made it alright? Is he safe? He's such a charming, delightful man, I just can't bear the thought of losing him!

Displaying posts 151 - 158 of 158 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)