Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Awareness in our world today | moderated by Krishnan Srinivasan

The US President, OBAMA & his..

Closed_forum

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 240 in total
Sun, 07 Jun 2009 #1
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

The US President Obama has impressed his audiences in USA and other parts of the world as a concerned, globally conscious leader through his speeches over the past few months. If one analyzes his speeches, one comes across a compehensive understanding of the problems the world faces today and his concern. If J.Krishnamurti was alive today, what would he offer OBAMA as an advice? What would you say or share with OBAMA?

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Sun, 07 Jun 2009 #2
Thumb_avatar Richard Kover United States 14 posts in this forum Offline

Obama talks well and may well understand some of the geopolitical problems in the world. However, he does not seem to have a good understanding of solutions from the point of view of people's needs. He is following the policies of his predecessor and is, in fact, intensifying some of the mistakes of Bush in the economy and in Afghanistan. What I would share with him is the obvious fact that all empires go bankrupt and cause endless misery in the world while trying to perpetuate their hegemony as long as possible. The American empire will be no exception.

This post was last updated by Richard Kover Mon, 08 Jun 2009.

Back to Top
Sun, 07 Jun 2009 #3
Thumb_deleted_user_med Robert Michael United States 116 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

First, it is quite easy to impress a greedy, self-centered and thereby very largely blind and ignorant populace. It has been going on for ages. And second, it's just a matter of time until Obama finds that as well-informed and well-meaning as he may be, he's in a no-win situation.

And I, much like Krishnamurti, see hope for the species only in a few individuals who are in fact capable of revolutionary change coming together and creating a body of Light. Which will then carry a portion of the perfected species forward after the inevitable grand collapse and destruction of the present system of things everywhere takes place.

Bob Michael

"Very soon a man shall appear who will finally dispell the universal darkness from our world." (Bob M.)

This post was last updated by Robert Michael (account deleted) Sun, 07 Jun 2009.

Back to Top
Mon, 08 Jun 2009 #4
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

I agree all empires are bound to vanish.Any organization/nation/empire based on cunning thought processes of a few or several individuals is bound to collapse one day.Still Obama may be the first one to let some fresh air inside the corridors of power in USA.He comes across as a patriot with well-meaning intentions.all I am worried is his "angst"like.state in which he is constantly spinning-seems not so healthy I wish he relaxes more,Because the world at large may expect much from him, he has many miles to go and many goals to achieve. I wish him all the best and success.Dreams of his father he may not fulfill, but i hope he would his childrens dreams!

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Tue, 09 Jun 2009 #5
Thumb_deleted_user_med Robert Michael United States 116 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Krishnan Srinivasan wrote:
If J.Krishnamurti was alive today, what would he offer OBAMA as an advice?

"The politicians are not going to eradicate all this misery and ugliness in the world, any more than the religions and the reformers will, because they are only concerned with a little patchwork here and there; but if there were LOVE, then all these things would disappear tomorrow." (J. K. - 'Think On These Things')

Bob M.

"Very soon a man shall appear who will finally dispell the universal darkness from our world." (Bob M.)

This post was last updated by Robert Michael (account deleted) Tue, 09 Jun 2009.

Back to Top
Tue, 09 Jun 2009 #6
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Politicians are also individuals and individuals are programmed.If one considers OBAMA, his own book Dreams of my father portrays some his inner programming and his speeches reveal the content of his consciousness or his groups that govern USA today. That is revealing.Love that he got from his mother, grandmother, grandfather do work upon him.He is sensitive to the people he has met in Indonesia,Hawaii, and other places.
I do hope LOVE prevails on him and his policies on men & matters of the world!

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Tue, 09 Jun 2009 #7
Thumb_deleted_user_med Robert Michael United States 116 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Krishnan Srinivasan wrote:
I do hope LOVE prevails on him and his policies on men & matters of the world!

Hope on my friend. But I'm afraid you hope in vain. If Mr. Obama truly had a solid foundation in Love, as you seem to allude, he would not be president. Since real Love's accompanying Wisdom would clearly indicate to its beholder (as was indeed the case with K too) that there are NO human (political, religious, psychological, etc.) answers to the present dark and fallen state of mankind. Morality or genuine human decency and goodness simply cannot be legislated (by any man). And especially if the legislators are themselves self-centered, corrupt, and thereby immoral. So the species is fast approaching Armageddon. And right on schedule.

Last November I cast a write-in ballot for Obama's ex-Pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright for president. Not that I agree totally with his views. But I do feel quite certain, as he stated, that, "America's chickens are coming home to roost." And quite soon at that. And I feel too that God's blessings are fast-coming to an end for the U. S.

God, Truth, or Reality cannot be mocked - for as a nation sows, so shall it reap.

Bob M.

"Very soon a man shall appear who will finally dispell the universal darkness from our world." (Bob M.)

This post was last updated by Robert Michael (account deleted) Tue, 09 Jun 2009.

Back to Top
Tue, 09 Jun 2009 #8
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Thanks to Mr Robert Michael and his views. I am glad he has an insider(USA) view of things.I agree politicians, adminstrators are all somewhat corrupt. As a Krishnamurti student, I agree totally with you.Life goes on in ever-repeated circles of history and what goes up on the wheel of Life must come down at another point in time.That is unending repetition of HISTORY OF MAN.
If OBAMA does not start new wars I would be happy... but then... who knows... unwittingly there are compelling forces arising in the far horizons of the globe..
Let us not be pessimistic .
Regards,
krishnanS.

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Tue, 09 Jun 2009 #9
Thumb_deleted_user_med Robert Michael United States 116 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Krishnan Srinivasan wrote:
Krishnan Srinivasan
Tue, 09 Jun 2009, 2:47pm Thanks to Mr Robert Michael and his views. I am glad he has an insider (USA) view of things.I agree politicians, adminstrators are all somewhat corrupt. As a Krishnamurti student, I agree totally with you.

Indeed Krishnan I am an insider and have been one for some 68 years. And with a clear and sober and selfless mind I can readily see all the societal deterioration that took place over those years. And there is no such thing as being just a little self-centered. And politicians are extremely rare, if they exist at all, that are totally free of self-interest. There may indeed be many 'good' politicians, but there are no Godly politicians. Really the two never mixed since at least the days of Christ. As a result this country is near-totally morally and spiritually bankrupt, as is its economy too. I think Mr. Obama's 'hope' or 'dream' of saving the U. S. and the world stems essentially from an inherent low self-esteem and its need to prove himself to himself and others. Surely it's not grounded in wisdom. But he's certainly not alone here. Far from it. As it seems to me that most 'achiever', 'success', or 'leadership' oriented types are fundamentally insecure people. Which always manifests from the lack of possessing deep and genuine love, understanding, and compassion.

Bob M.

"Very soon a man shall appear who will finally dispell the universal darkness from our world." (Bob M.)

This post was last updated by Robert Michael (account deleted) Tue, 09 Jun 2009.

Back to Top
Wed, 10 Jun 2009 #10
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Robert Michael wrote:
I think Mr. Obama's 'hope' or 'dream' of saving the U. S. and the world stems essentially from an inherent low self-esteem and its need to prove himself to himself and others. Surely it's not grounded in wisdom. But he's certainly not alone here. Far from it. As it seems to me that most 'achiever', 'success', or 'leadership' oriented types are fundamentally insecure people. Which always manifests from the lack of possessing deep and genuine love, understanding, and compassion.

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Wed, 10 Jun 2009 #11
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

I am greatly indebted to Robert Michael for his incisive analysis as quoted above.I entirely agree and feel the same. Gandhiji , &C.Rajagoalachari(Rajaji) of India were men without selfish intent so is Nelson Mandela .Fantastic that you have discerned the "angst" to please,or to impress his parents or grandparents that still plagues Mr.Obamas character or behaviour, you have detected! Fantastic. I am concerned about it by way of his health and the grievious harm it may do to the world at large.... In general this President should relax more....

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Wed, 10 Jun 2009 #12
Thumb_deleted_user_med Robert Michael United States 116 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Krishnan Srinivasan wrote:

I am greatly indebted to Robert Michael for his incisive analysis as quoted above.I entirely agree and feel the same. Gandhiji , &C.Rajagoalachari(Rajaji) of India were men without selfish intent so is Nelson Mandela .Fantastic that you have discerned the "angst" to please,or to impress his parents or grandparents that still plagues Mr.Obamas character or behaviour, you have detected! Fantastic. I am concerned about it by way of his health and the grievious harm it may do to the world at large.... In general this President should relax more....


We shouldn't forget the total selflessness of Krishnamurti here, Krishnan. One that kept him totally clear of politics, power, and authority. And which Leadbeater clearly recognized when he first saw him on the beach at the age of 15. Meaning here that he was indeed a very exceptional human being from day one.

I'm too troubled that the most powerful nation in the world would have a president from a broken home at its helm. I think too here of Bill Clinton.

I also ponder on some of the nicknames we give our leaders. Such as 'Slick Willy' and 'Tricky Dick'. Yet I suppose these are but just some of the many signs of the times. Though while I would much prefer to see more 'Honest Abes' in the political arena, I think these types of people are about as scarce as hen's teeth in these last days. At least among politicians here in the U. S.

And now we have at the helm a man who called himself a 'mutt'. Not a good sign here.

Though once again and regardless of who is at the wheel, the self-centered greed, power, and prestige laced party that America has enjoyed and gloated in for many years, and very often at the expense of other countries and their peoples, is soon coming to an end. And as the ship is sinking, I suppose we'll continue business as usual focusing on the evils of other countries, instead of looking at the many that lie in our own back yard.

Bob M.

"Very soon a man shall appear who will finally dispell the universal darkness from our world." (Bob M.)

Back to Top
Wed, 10 Jun 2009 #13
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Robert Michael wrote:
Though once again and regardless of who is at the wheel, the self-centered greed, power, and prestige laced party that America has enjoyed and gloated in for many years, and very often at the expense of other countries and their peoples, is soon coming to an end. And as the ship is sinking, I suppose we'll continue business as usual focusing on the evils of other countries, instead of looking at the many that lie in our own back yard.

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Wed, 10 Jun 2009 #14
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Once again thanks for a concerned analysis surrounding the corridors of power in USA.All is not lost. There are plenty of natural&human resources in your great nation which I hope vil eventually benefit the whole mankind in one way or another- Evils of other nations must also be checked and only a powerful and leading nation like USA can muster the courage&strength to lead in the right path. I am delighted with your deep understanding of the huge problems that lie ahead for a fresh President OBAMA!

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Wed, 10 Jun 2009 #15
Thumb_deleted_user_med Robert Michael United States 116 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Krishnan Srinivasan wrote:

Once again thanks for a concerned analysis surrounding the corridors of power in USA.All is not lost. There are plenty of natural&human resources in your great nation which I hope vil eventually benefit the whole mankind in one way or another- Evils of other nations must also be checked and only a powerful and leading nation like USA can muster the courage&strength to lead in the right path. I am delighted with your deep understanding of the huge problems that lie ahead for a fresh President OBAMA!


You're quite welcome Krishnan, however, like most people, I don't think you clearly understand the problem or realize the gravity of the situation, the fallen human condition. But much like K, I clearly do, and try to keep my focus on living in and towards the solution. Which I feel isn't going to be a very pleasant thing for most people. But those who manage to get aboard the 'Ark' shall come to rejoice in it all.

Bob M.

"Very soon a man shall appear who will finally dispell the universal darkness from our world." (Bob M.)

Back to Top
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 #16
Thumb_deleted_user_med Robert Michael United States 116 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Krishnamurti said in 1979 that America did not have the true religious spirit that probed, questioned, and negated. He also said that Europe did not have it either and that in India it had been wiped out and destroyed by the ugliness of politics, corruption, and the destruction of values. (J. K. - 'A Biography' - Jayakar)

Bob M.

"Very soon a man shall appear who will finally dispell the universal darkness from our world." (Bob M.)

Back to Top
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 #17
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Robert Michael wrote:

Krishnamurti said in 1979 that America did not have the true religious spirit that probed, questioned, and negated. He also said that Europe did not have it either and that in India it had been wiped out and destroyed by the ugliness of politics, corruption, and the destruction of values. (J. K. - 'A Biography' - Jayakar)

Bob M.


Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 #18
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Dear Bob, I will only quote Jk here as an answer.:
"I am going to die-that is certain.If Isay, "For God`s sake wait a minute, knowledge will be dividing me- knowlledge that I am going to die at the end of January- and I will be frightened. I´ll say,"please, please wait, wait,wait. I have got to leave awill. I have to do this I have to do that. but if I realize the fact that all time is now, I then, will realize that death and living are together and that they are never separate. I will, then, live with death.I will be doing it all the time; that is, I will draw up my will, I will be dying now, which means I will be living. i will be living and death will be next door; there will be no divorce or separation between living and dying.
Can you do this, sir, or is it impossible? Death says, "You can´t take anything with you" your knowledge, your books, your wife, your children, your money, your character, your vanity, all that you have built up for yourself- everything-goes at the end with death. you may say that there is a possibility that you may reincarnate. but I am asking you: can one live now without the last attachment to anything? Why postpone this- which is nonattachment- until the sickbed? Be free of attchment now."
The quote is from "A TIMELESS SPRING:"pages214-215-Krishnamurti at Rajghat,Krishnamurti foundation India-1993.
This dicussion by Krishnamurti at Rajghat, varanasi(BENARES,INDIA) was to remind the Indians that they have lost the "fragrance" that used to exist in their soil, that is the practice of "NONATTACHMENT" to everything, living with death all the time.As you pointed above, it is a value that is lost in India-the nonattchment or detachment value.
Regards
KrishnanS

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 #19
Thumb_deleted_user_med Robert Michael United States 116 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Hi Krishnan,

The mass of men go from the cradle to the grave fast asleep in the deep, dark fog of encultured self-centeredness without having ever truly and fully lived and loved. And this is the universal human condition everywhere due to the naturally inherent fall [or deterioration] of man, which is simply a necessary part of the evolutionary process that trudges ever onward towards his final completion and perfection. Hopefully with a way out of the madness soon on the horizon.

And, "A New Consciousness and a Totally New Morality are necessary to bring about a radical change in the present culture and social structure.....The mess, the confusion, and the misery that human beings have got into are within the the area of the old consciousness, and without changing that profoundly, every human activity - political, economic, or religious - will only bring us to the destruction of each other and of the earth. This is so obvious to the sane. One has to be a light unto himself; this is the law. There is no other law.......Morality is not put together by thought; it is not the outcome of environmental pressure, it is not of yesterday, of tradition. Morality is the child of love and love is not desire and pleasure." (J. K. - 'This Light In Oneself')

Yet a 'new consciousness and a totally new morality' will not bring about a radical change within the present culture and social structure. Since the people within these structures are, on the whole, not at all capable of undergoing this radical change. And the mess, the confusion, and the misery that Krishnamurti speaks of has become so deep and long-standing that it has become the norm, the universal standard. So finding the way out, via the old and all prevailing consciousness, be it politically or religiously, will only continue to deepen and worsen mankind's problems. While the fact remains that only a relatively few individuals here and there are capable of radical change and discovering this new consciousness and new morality that Krishnamurti rightly speaks of being necessary if the darkness is ever to be dispelled. Yet these few are not able to undergo this radical change to a new consciousness and morality in the present structures since there's no true and limitless guidance and direction from anywhere within the existing structures. And Krishnamurti seen and also stated this fact elsewhere as follows: "The flowering of goodness does not lie within society, because society in itself is always corrupt." ('The Book of Life')

Therefore a body of people must be formed away from the beaten path, away from all the old, dark, corrupt, and dead structures, by a leader or teacher who has himself fully and without limitations attained to the light of the new consciousness and morality. Or we could say that he has overcome the world and all of its false, fallen, and destructive self-centered ways. And this adventure would most certainly be based on attraction rather than promotion which would be governed solely by the absolute truth of his knowledge and speech and the integrity of his actions and behaviors. Which will then deeply and positively infect the ever enlarging body of people that surrounds him. Though without any attachment or co-dependancy since all will be pure Spirit, which is beyond both the human and time. The old, existing, and irreparably corrupt structures and their constitutionally unchangeable human, all-too-human, multitudes who remain stuck in the old consciousness will then eventually bring about the collapse and demise of the old structures and themselves. While the body of those who could and did attain to that 'New Consciousness and Totally New Morality', that Krishnamurti spoke of, will find a place that will be unaffected by this necessary and natural grand cleansing of the planet or the 'abomination that maketh desolate', and will go on from there to carry the finally perfected and finished human species forward along with a new and healing earth.

Bob M.

"It is a mad world, completely confused.....The world is torn by conflicting beliefs.....By every form of stupidity and cruelty.....You are encouraged to fit into the framework of this disastrous society.....Now is it the function of education merely to help you conform to the pattern of this rotten social order, or is it to give you freedom?" (J. Krishnamurti - 'Think On These Things')

"Very soon a man shall appear who will finally dispell the universal darkness from our world." (Bob M.)

This post was last updated by Robert Michael (account deleted) Fri, 12 Jun 2009.

Back to Top
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 #20
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Robert Michael wrote:
Therefore a body of people must be formed away from the beaten path, away from all the old, dark, corrupt, and dead structures, by a leader or teacher who has himself fully and without limitations attained to the light of the new consciousness and morality. Or we could say that he has overcome the world and all of its false, fallen, and destructive self-centered ways. And this adventure would most certainly be based on attraction rather than promotion which would be governed solely by the absolute truth of his knowledge and speech and the integrity of his actions and behaviors. Which will then deeply and positively infect the ever enlarging body of people that surrounds him. Though without any attachment or co-dependancy since all will be pure Spirit, which is beyond both the human and time. The old, existing, and irreparably corrupt structures and their constitutionally unchangeable human, all-too-human, multitudes who remain stuck in the old consciousness will then eventually bring about the collapse and demise of the old structures and themselves. While the body of those who could and did attain to that 'New Consciousness and Totally New Morality', that Krishnamurti spoke of, will find a place that will be unaffected by this necessary and natural grand cleansing of the planet or the 'abomination that maketh desolate', and will go on from there to carry the finally perfected and finished human species forward along with a new and healing earth.
Bob M.

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 #21
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Dear Bob, I am totally fascinated by you projections for our future EARTH.Let us all hope for the "NEW CONSCIOUSNESS & TOTALLY NEW MORALITY" to come upon and heal the suffering EARTH!

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 #22
Thumb_deleted_user_med Robert Michael United States 116 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Krishnan Srinivasan wrote:

Dear Bob, I am totally fascinated by you projections for our future EARTH.Let us all hope for the "NEW CONSCIOUSNESS & TOTALLY NEW MORALITY" to come upon and heal the suffering EARTH!


What country do you think such a thing may spring forth from, Krishnan? I could be wrong but I'm rather doubtful that it will ever arise from here in the U. S.; since the populace everywhere from the bottom to the top seems to me to be hopelessly entrenched in the 'me', the 'ego', the 'great I', or 'bigshotism', if you will.

Bob M.

"Very soon a man shall appear who will finally dispell the universal darkness from our world." (Bob M.)

This post was last updated by Robert Michael (account deleted) Fri, 12 Jun 2009.

Back to Top
Sun, 14 Jun 2009 #23
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Krishnan Srinivasan wrote:
since the populace everywhere from the bottom to the top seems to me to be hopelessly entrenched in the 'me', the 'ego', the 'great I', or 'bigshotism', if you wil

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Sun, 14 Jun 2009 #24
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

It is the collective consciousness of a nation or the characteristics of a group of people in a nation you are referring to. I have just watched the President-elect of IRAN talk tall about the glories of his Ntaion&civilization etc. These superiority born out of frustrated feelings of inferiority are what Jk would call as "action & reaction" responses! Whoever rules the lot of the common man is ponly SUFFERING!

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Sun, 14 Jun 2009 #25
Thumb_deleted_user_med Robert Michael United States 116 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Krishnan Srinivasan wrote:

It is the collective consciousness of a nation or the characteristics of a group of people in a nation you are referring to. I have just watched the President-elect of IRAN talk tall about the glories of his Ntaion&civilization etc. These superiority born out of frustrated feelings of inferiority are what Jk would call as "action & reaction" responses! Whoever rules the lot of the common man is ponly SUFFERING!


Hi Krishnan,

My concern is what country would be the best in which to form that body of people who " will walk together with a greater intensity" and "will be a danger to everything that is unessential" and will "become the flame", like K spoke of doing when he disbanned the Order of the Star? What country would have the greater percentage of people in it who were genuinely capable of and willing to undergo a radical transformation of mind and heart? Those few sensitive people who weren't so negatively parentally and culturally conditioned into self that a successful "mutation" would be impossible. And who could thereby make the return to love. A country or place within it that could also survive an all out nuclear holocaust.

I think real or potentially productive suffering is only experienced by a relatively few finely-formed, warm, and sensitive people. Whereas the majority are quite cold, calculating, and unfeeling. And thereby can't be said to suffer, or most certainly not deeply.

"The people who are sensitive in life may suffer much more than those who are insensitive; but if they understand and go beyond their suffering they will discover extraordinary things." (J. K. - 'Think On These Things')

I would suggest here that if one is to go "beyond their suffering" they must first go deeply into it. And just maybe that innate seed of love and truth may then burst forth.

"Love is the missing factor, there is a lack of affection, of warmth in relationship; and because we lack that love, that tenderness, that generosity, that mercy in relationship, we escape into mass action, which produces further confusion, further misery. We fill our hearts (rather our heads or minds?) with blueprints for world reform and do not look into that one resolving factor, which is love." (J. K. - 'The Book of Life' - March 19)

Bob M.

"Very soon a man shall appear who will finally dispell the universal darkness from our world." (Bob M.)

This post was last updated by Robert Michael (account deleted) Sun, 14 Jun 2009.

Back to Top
Sun, 14 Jun 2009 #26
Thumb_avatar Monic Devi United States 9 posts in this forum Offline

I don't think Krishnamurti would give advise to a politician. As far as one can see clearly, all politics revolves around greed and power. We are on different shores, separated by the vast sea. It would be ignorance to attempt to swim that length of water in hopes of survival.

monic

the superficiality of existence is thriving

This post was last updated by Monic Devi Sun, 14 Jun 2009.

Back to Top
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 #27
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Robert Michael wrote:
would suggest here that if one is to go "beyond their suffering" they must first go deeply into it. And just maybe that innate seed of love and truth may then burst forth.

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 #28
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Dear Bob, as you said above, we must anticipate this happening to individuals who then become the anchor of LOVE&TRUTH .

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 #29
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Monic Devi wrote:
don't think Krishnamurti would give advise to a politician

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 #30
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Dear Monic Devi, I hope you have read the book of biography of JK by PUPUL JAYAKAR.
If you have, there one comes across JK solving some dilemma faced by Indira Gandhi, the then primeminister of India, regarding the Sikh rebellion in Punjab. He seems to have said," you cannot get down from the tiger while riding it. Go all the way!" I dpo ot remember the exact wordings. So he seems to have foreseen many things about Indian Politics and advised when asked for...it seems.

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Back to Top
Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 240 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)