Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
The Lounge | moderated by Dev Singh

Major Changes in the Forum

Closed_forum

Displaying all 22 posts
Page 1 of 1
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 #1
Thumb_dev Dev Singh United States 8 posts in this forum Offline

As you might have noticed, things look quite different around here. Read the latest entry in the Kinfonet Notebook for a detailed explanation and leave any comments or questions here.

Kinfonet Admin

This post was last updated by Dev Singh Tue, 29 Dec 2009.

Fri, 21 Aug 2009 #2
Thumb_sm_sp_sue_square Sue Stephenson United Kingdom 4 posts in this forum Offline

I like the new look, it's much clearer IMHO.

I moderate some other forums and the new style here is much closer to what I'm used to, which also makes them easier to navigate (for me, at least).

I must also just mention that I laughed when I saw my new avatar!

It is futile to waste time over what another is thinking, or what you imagine he is thinking...

Mon, 24 Aug 2009 #3
Thumb_original_avatar max greene United States 54 posts in this forum Offline

Dev,

This new format is a lot better. Thanks for the update. I'm not fond of the new star rating system, however. This seems to cheapen the site a bit.

I have a question with regard to dragging a so-called block quote from someone else's post down into my reply. I see others dragging these blue excerpts down, but I can't figure how they 're doing this. Something simple, I'm sure. Got some words on this?

max

Mon, 24 Aug 2009 #4

max greene wrote:
I have a question with regard to dragging a so-called block quote from someone else's post down into my reply. I see others dragging these blue excerpts down, but I can't figure how they 're doing this. Something simple, I'm sure. Got some words on this?

Max,

To use the "quote" feature, you need to:

1. drag your mouse over the particular text you wish to quote. Make sure the text is selected before continuing on to step 2.

2. Once you have selected the text, click on the "quote selected" link directly beneath the post. This will paste the text you selected into the "reply" form input box at the bottom of the page along with the appropriate formatting (the blue excerpt as you called it)

3. Press enter to make sure that there is at least one empty line between the pasted text and the text insertion point (the blinking cursor); if not, any text you enter will be in the blue area instead of outside of it.

Let me know if this is not clear or if you are still unable to do the quoting.

Regarding the rating system. It's raison d'ĂȘtre is primarily to give viewers a crud filtering tool - a lot of which unfortunately now proliferates many of the forums. As has been the case with other aspects of the forums, this is an experiment and we'd like to wait a bit before evaluating its usefulness. As a side note, we will shortly be closing some of the existing forums where the moderators are for the most part absent, which hopefully will also be a help in this regard.

Thanks, though, for making us aware of your feelings about the rating system. Your feedback is appreciated.

Dev

Kinfonet Admin Team

Kinfonet Admin

Mon, 24 Aug 2009 #5
Thumb_original_avatar max greene United States 54 posts in this forum Offline

Dev,

Thanks for the clear instructions.

There certainly are a lot of dead forums and topics just cluttering the site. If there's truth hidden in any of these old postings, I'm sure it will re-surface.

max

Mon, 31 Aug 2009 #6
Thumb_sm_sp_sue_square Sue Stephenson United Kingdom 4 posts in this forum Offline

On the matter of avatars. I've tried to upload an image to use, but keep getting an error. I've tried several times over the last week.

The image is exactly 140 x 140 pixels (ie the same size as my current, default, picture) and in JPG format. Any idea what's going wrong?

It is futile to waste time over what another is thinking, or what you imagine he is thinking...

Fri, 04 Sep 2009 #7
Thumb_stringio nick carter United States 62 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

What exactly is meant by "sticky topic"? Is the topic sticky or are the sticklers mucking things up?

Fri, 04 Sep 2009 #8

Dev Singh wrote:
Regarding the rating system. It's raison d'ĂȘtre is primarily to give viewers a crud filtering tool - a lot of which unfortunately now proliferates many of the forums

The need for "a crud filtering tool" is critical.

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 #9
Thumb_deleted_user_med Dappling Light India 36 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Dev,
I am not able to moderate my forum anymore. Any assumption?

There is a certain beauty associated with conditioning.

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 #10
Thumb_deleted_user_med Dappling Light India 36 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

The new forums page looks great. Awesome design. much leaner, cleaner.

This post was last updated by Dappling Light (account deleted) Wed, 16 Sep 2009.

Wed, 16 Sep 2009 #11

I think one can further cut the clutter on top by including a simpler navigation "path" on the top like this:alt text

Thu, 17 Sep 2009 #12

@ Keshni,
Fixed the problem with the moderator panel. Thanks.

@Nick
Not quite sure what to do about the nonsense factor, as many people have started forums and then abandoned them. Will have to close many of them as soon as we can find the time to deal with it.

Kinfonet Admin

This post was last updated by Dev Singh Thu, 17 Sep 2009.

Fri, 18 Sep 2009 #13

Thanks for the quick attention despite being busy, Dev. Hope you and Andrea are doing well.

Thu, 15 Oct 2009 #14
Thumb_avatar Rasmus Tinning Denmark 1 post in this forum Offline

Hi Dev,
I am looking forward to reading your article, but I can only see the beginning. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?
Best
Rasmus

Wed, 04 Nov 2009 #15
Thumb_tampura ganesan balachandran India 433 posts in this forum Offline

Iam sorry, I didnt look at this topic postings. I felt the title of the forum Krishanmurty& the art of awakenining in the moment can be changed to Krishnamurthy & awakening in the moment deleting the art of.This is my opinion but mistakenly the topic got initiated.

gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

This post was last updated by ganesan balachandran Wed, 04 Nov 2009.

Sat, 19 Dec 2009 #16
Thumb_avatar Mittarkumar Khera India 1 post in this forum Offline

I would like to say that the system of star grading indtroduced very much goes against the whole spirit of J.Krishnamurti. Grading implies masurement. Can one measure the comments and replies relating to discussions? I do not know what is the purpose or motive behind this?

Prof. M.K. Khera
Mittar Kumar

Sat, 19 Dec 2009 #17
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 370 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Hi Dev,Glad to see you folks have dropped the star rating system,the new recommend type seems to be a good fit. thanks.

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Tue, 12 Jan 2010 #18

When I click on "jump to newest post" I get no satisfaction. Also, where do I mark an entry as "read"?

Fri, 15 Jan 2010 #19
Thumb_avatar Hermann Janzen Canada 1 post in this forum Offline

I would like to say that the system of star grading indtroduced very much goes against the whole spirit of J.Krishnamurti. Grading implies masurement. Can one measure the comments and replies relating to discussions? I do not know what is the purpose or motive behind this?

Prof. M.K. Khera Mittar Kumar

I very much second that opinion. If someone wants to make his opinion known, he's free to do so in a separate post.

Sat, 16 Jan 2010 #20
Thumb_tampura ganesan balachandran India 433 posts in this forum Offline

What happend to the daily quotes?
Beyond all the discussions, it appears fresh and shining...
gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

This post was last updated by ganesan balachandran Sat, 16 Jan 2010.

Fri, 29 Jan 2010 #21

The aqua blue, red, black theme at forums page looks awesome, invigorating and energetic. Thanks for boosting the vitality of the page.

Fri, 29 Jan 2010 #22

I also liked the new lavender color side bar on forums page. Probably it represents the perfume or fragrance of Krishnamurti teaching. Nice design!

Displaying all 22 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)