Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

john Campbell's Forum Posts

Forum: General Discussion

Displaying posts 31 - 60 of 535 in total
Topic: Life & Living Thu, 25 Apr 2013

B Teulada wrote: i do it every time :-)

i do it every time :-)

j..and it is your very own special place’ your very essence ,no other like it, and the only way we can truly touch, enter each other, Truths action,holds the key

dhirendra singh wrote: Well, it was fair enough,

j....True,no harm meant,just a way of doing things. After all he created the wealth.

pavani rao wrote: After a long time

Hi Pava,thanks for those kind words,very timely. When these special things resonate,reverberate deep within, its like reintroducing oneself to ones being.It may resonate differently for each person,because of our different perspectives etc.,nevertheless it is important in its own way

Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another Thu, 25 Apr 2013

aurelien b32 wrote: "Good Lord"

Personally, healing someone from his wounds, interrogating him and then killing him, I don't call that an interrogation, it is rather an "extraction" of informations. It means that the authority really doesn't care about the person they question, rather they are more interested into the informations than into the person, right

j....Please stick to the original issue.Now interrogation or extraction produce the same product,also if you try to murder someone,do not expect love in return,expect everything but.Your a priori,or whatever,your let me explain why before throwing eggs at me,’Histoire de terrorism’ has long been well understood.You also mentioned cornflakes(Kellogg's maybe?),Consider then the ‘Kellogg/Briand Pact’ or Pact of Paris’(1929) forbidding war , any sort of war,’ for any reason.This pact is well portrayed by the song ‘Last night I had the strangest dream’ by Ed McCurdy in 1950. So now ,if war is against the law,our duty is to be sure this law is followed. Now since you are closest to the French Foreign Ministry get of your ass ,go there an grab a copy and start printing. Below are the signatory parties:

After negotiations, the pact was signed in Paris at the French Foreign Ministry by the representatives from Australia, Belgium, Canada, Czechoslovakia, France, Germany, British India, the Irish Free State, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Poland, South Africa, the United Kingdom[4][5] and the United States. It was provided that it would come into effect on July 24, 1929. By that date, the following nations had deposited instruments of definitive adherence to the pact: Afghanistan, Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, China, Cuba, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, Guatemala, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Liberia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Romania, the Soviet Union, the Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes, Siam, Spain, Sweden, and Turkey. Eight further states joined after that date: Persia, Greece, Honduras, Chile, Luxembourg, Danzig, Costa Rica and Venezuela

Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another Wed, 24 Apr 2013

aurelien b32 wrote: Good lord,

Good lord, they arrest the young terrorist of Boston, almost kill him, then heal him from his hurts, then maybe condemn him to death again. Huh ? What's the point of healing someone for killing him again after ?

j....The young terrorist was trying to kill as many people as possible,in the backlash he is wounded,he is healed ,the intention being to gather as much information as possible as for his motives and possible supporters,and,if not for this,they would have blown his fucking head off,its the American way.Now he will have a trial,his mother will cry,lawyers will make money,Allah won’t give a hoot.C’est la vie ,huh,not very complicated.

Topic: Life & Living Wed, 24 Apr 2013

Eve G. wrote: Yes Dhi, Osho and Tole are of the market

The Oprah Winfrey show made Tolle,an author on this show is automatically a success.

dhirendra singh wrote: Right,Eve,definitely K was not a businessman.

It should be taken into consideration though that all he had to do was ask and receive .He liked cars a lot and received those that he requested.He did not have to bother with the details of doing business.

pavani rao wrote: DIMENSION

P...>When consciousness (you) becomes(COMPLETELY) identified with thinking and thus forgets its essential nature, it loses itself in thought. J>>>Completely is the key word throughout,life is forever seeking balance.

P>>> P>>>Extract 3 : Like the Taoist sages of ancient China, Jesus likes to draw your attention to nature because he sees a power at work in it that humans have lost J>>>Jesus said, ‘the kingdom of God is within’ (it accumulated over evolutionary time,it is life's gift,deep within you,a birthright,(don’t lose touch with me.))

E>>> Air from Suite No. 3 on the G String by Johann Sebastian Bach. J>>>This beautiful piece of work is a testimony ,I think, to what can only come from the deeper part of ones soul,and by its natural beauty,is able to connect universally, to the deeper part of all souls,withstands the test of time and is everlasting. There is much truth in great art, but very little in words. Relax,close your eyes,listen deeply.

Topic: A Letter Fri, 12 Apr 2013

RICK LEIN wrote: openmindedness/is the trap

j....>“If with all its power and superiority, one cannot think for oneself, there can be no peace in the world.” J.Krishnamurti, The First and Last Freedom (New York: Harper & Brothers, 1954), p. 64. j....>For this Krishnamurti received some compliments from the Masters: “He did good work in teaching people to use their own brain.” ‘Sir Thomas,’ in: His Pupil, p. 139. And: “Krishnamurti was right to emphasize the necessity for independent thought.” Lord Maitreya

Topic: A Letter Thu, 11 Apr 2013

them....Bingo!. free thinker/debate forever sites..so one might ask themselves "why here?"

j....>“If with all its power and superiority, one cannot think for oneself, there can be no peace in the world.” J.Krishnamurti, The First and Last Freedom (New York: Harper & Brothers, 1954), p. 64. j....>For this Krishnamurti received some compliments from the Masters: “He did good work in teaching people to use their own brain.” ‘Sir Thomas,’ in: His Pupil, p. 139. And: “Krishnamurti was right to emphasize the necessity for independent thought.” Lord Maitreya

RICK LEIN wrote: RICK LEIN United States 4155 posts in this forum Offline

I have younger kids,they have a term for what is happening here..it is called being played

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it. Adolf Hitler's (nuthouse)

j...>From the mouths of babes the truth may come.

( interrupt,honesty is a prerequisite)

Jack Pine wrote: Fair enough

john Campbell wrote: I’m not really sure it is the real Pine as I do not see the word asshole in your vain attempt to upset me.

Jackie>>>Fair enough. In the future just assume when and if I address you again the word "asshole" is implied. Does that help any?

j...>>Well Jackie,yes, and thank you dearie,but,and this,I know is kind of worn out , assume, makes an -ass-out of –u-and me-,but nevertheless,

I thank you for your foresight ,and, generosity,at least now ,I will be aware of what I am talking with.

Congratulations on your recovery.

Sincerely, j.....

Topic: A Letter Wed, 10 Apr 2013

Jack Pine wrote: May I

forumOffline john Campbell wrote: The Jackanory is for the Cockney to rhyme about' are you from that part of town?

Jack PPine wrote>>>>May I suggest that if you have something to say then just say it plainly. Be a man and don't used this confused rambling of words to try to express yourself.

j....> Well k Pine boy ,for a boy who previously requested non correspondence with me ,you seem quite content to do so at your convenience,anyway,I’m not really sure it is the real Pine as I do not see the word asshole in your vain attempt to upset me.It’s obvious that you have little respect for free thinkers and would sooner have them ejected from the forums,there is a name for that,hmmm...slips my mind at the moment.Now lets take you little dribble,I will attempt to explain it all to you as simply as I am able. (1) (May I suggest?) excuse me for adding the question mark. It seems that you did.I would have said yes but only if in a civilized manner. (2) (Say it plainly) I was responding to Katy's request.(what’s the story) Jackanory is /was a BBC TV series,I believe it used children's rhymes along with a Cockney accent,thus,if Kate is from this part of England she would fair better at this (Jackanory). Hope this is simple enough for you to follow,if not,let me know, being a gentle and patient man I will try a little harder,just for you dear boy. (3) (Be a man) Good start jack boy,you can spell the word,t’s a beginning. (4) (Confused) Sorry if all this confused you jack boy,I’m sure you will be over it soon

So you see jac boy,when you try to belittle people,it just is not creative. If you were confused,all you had to ask :’What is ‘Jackanory’’. Many people here ,I believe,would have responded,especially the Brits.

Topic: A Letter Tue, 09 Apr 2013

Katy A wrote: what's the story

The Jackanory is for the Cockney to rhyme about'

Thanks for telling me this, John. I looked it up and it seems that it might also mean 'what's the story'

j...Yep,I think you are right, I believe it is a children's storyline using a Cockney accent and it means Jackanory,but I have never seen it.

I see, too, how as soon as one jumps to the defence of another, a 'side' is taken..there does not seem to be a way around this.

j..Seems in be in our nature. Be it the Bibles,Korans,the Mr.K’s teachings etc.I’ve read them all but not as a serious student,there seems to be a great comfort for some in holding fast to their belief ,whatever the choice may be,and this is quite understandable,seeing the complexities of life where most of ones energies or all of it is spent on simple survival and a faint hope /belief, for a reason to be ,holds the soul together. For those of us with time and energy to kick around,as Churchill said:”better to jaw,jaw,jaw than to war,war,war. So keep on a talking until we grow out of it ,which is still possible.

Across the lines who

Katy A wrote: In fact

All of this furore

What's the jackanory

j...Hmm,The furore, maybe, is when dialogue fails, or wobbles about,

especially when beliefs are threatened.Each side will

defend its position which can result in rage.If emotionalism

could be held at bay, many people would gain ,and some indeed do,

despite it all. There are others however who dare not even listen,

or perhaps cannot,thus ,lash out randomly.

The Jackanory is for the Cockney to rhyme about' are you from that part of town?

Katy A wrote: food

A person whose conscience is clear does not need another's 'pity'.

Well put katy,beware of male donkeys./j

“The stars up close to the moon were pale; they got brighter and braver the farther they got out of the circle of light ruled by the giant moon” ? Ken Kesey, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Topic: Just be friends Wed, 03 Apr 2013

Victor Blackbird wrote: Well, yes. But

j Something wrong with the 'yabut' Lighten up.

Topic: Yourself Wed, 03 Apr 2013

Arthur Landon wrote: Baba Ganoosh

reflectors everywhere are in various states of agitation, creating a light-show as blinding as the sun. Baba Ganoosh

j a few brandy while watching ganoosh (ghanoush ) bake over an open flame will do this.

Topic: Just be friends Tue, 02 Apr 2013

Angel Miolan wrote: What is needed to join together in one dialogue?

j Something to talk about and a 'joint'.

Topic: The Teaching Tue, 02 Apr 2013

randal patrick wrote: I only laugh at things which are funny.

Hey,>>synonomous=synonymous = at least a snort. Esp.in context used.

He who laughs,lasts.

Topic: The Teaching Mon, 01 Apr 2013

k Pine wrote: Posting often is not necessarily synonomous with posting intelligently.

Hey Randal,free laughs on April Fools Day.:-)

Topic: The Ending of Thought Thu, 28 Mar 2013

Ravi Seth wrote: Harley's Fat Bob.

JC>> Oh no!

pavani rao wrote: take J . C as your friend / guru ( if you wish )

JC>> Sorry,wrong country,you can't 'give' Canadians away.

Topic: The Ending of Thought Wed, 27 Mar 2013

Ravi Seth wrote: Oh no! Oh no!Oh no!

Oh no!Oh no! I thought bikes and bike walas were out!!!!!!!

J.C.>??What the hell’s wrong with motor bikes ,walas ,or people enjoying them.?? Be clear.You,ll end up like an ‘Ohno bird’,what a life they have.What do you ride,an ass maybe?? This of course would be free choice,I,m just curious ,not belittling.

Topic: The Ending of Thought Fri, 22 Mar 2013

pavani rao wrote: I wonder if

Pavi wrote>>> There exists and have been the case as lots of people in all societies who are gifted with so much of clarity and they live happily , peacefully and die finding and fulfilling the real purpose of their lives without making fuss

Hey pav,try this on for size, (the 6:41 version),each word counts.

before the beginning/kim rosen (641) utube

Topic: Us and them Wed, 20 Mar 2013

randal patrick wrote: Like the lemmers?

J.C.>

If you are a Manchurian candidate,go jump in the lake thoughtlessly, If you are alive,live. To have a chance, Take a chance.

Topic: Us and them Tue, 19 Mar 2013

randal patrick wrote:

And so, questions and answers won't get us into the water, will they?

J.C.>> Its a leap of faith into a river of no return,standing still is not an option. Whatever your life is meant to be ,’jump in’.

Topic: Therapeutic Work With the Present Moment Thu, 14 Mar 2013

Ruth Bass wrote: therapist training

Ruth Bass wrote: In a therapist training program, not only are there a variety of theories from which to choose, but also a number of different ways to meditate.

J.C.> Very interesting to have such variety of ideas and approaches . Are you training?

Ruth Bass wrote: In the existential therapeutic model, the therapist's responsibility is to shine a light on to the "present moment" for the client.

J.C.> Are you meaning a wider ‘beam’ on the present circumstances? Existentially speaking.

Ruth Bass wrote: Will meditation facilitate a longer duration of attention to the present moment with increased respites from thought?

J.C.>Yes,it should extend the(meditative) moment for whatever time is necessary ,thought to be dealt with at a later point.

Assuming that thought is to be dealt with.

Topic: It's the FEELING Tue, 26 Feb 2013

Jack Pine wrote: all pissy.

Oh my

Well,Pineless,

I guess you are a very special sweet heart,making rules to suit yourself

knowing you will get away with it.

Then accuse one of division,lo,cut the crap,you were angry because

I agreed with something Ruth said.

So then,ok,since you, you little sweet heart, will have your own way,

special little boy,so be it.But please try and put two sentences together

that make sense ,and if your slang cannot rise above the word ‘pissy’

(wow,how masculine )then please don’t bother at all, as this may be an indicator

of you intelligence,though I’m being very unkind to ‘piss’.

Topic: It's the FEELING Tue, 26 Feb 2013

Jack Pine wrote: J.C.>> Well put Ruth.It couldn't be said any clearer.

J.C.> Pine Wrote.

J.C.>> Well put Ruth.It couldn't be said any clearer

Listen Pine, A few months ago you did not wish dialogue with me, Stay off your thread,were the words. Since I don’t like you,I don’t give a fuck. You started it buster,realize that these things work both ways. You are not a special person.

Topic: The substance of a self Mon, 25 Feb 2013

David T wrote: The self can not be seen The self can not be touched The self cannot be smelt The self can not be weighed The self can not be tasted.

What gives the self substance? Does that which gives the self substance have any substance or is it just an illusion. Can that which is an illusion be known.

Hmm..I look good today. Ouch...my f..... toe. Dam pickled eggs and beer. Ah,perfect weight,not bad for an ol'goat. Your kiss is delicious ,if I say so myself.

Reality give me substance. One must have to give. Delusion is confusillusionism.

Displaying posts 31 - 60 of 535 in total