Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Life & Living

Displaying posts 271 - 300 of 327 in total
Sat, 13 Apr 2013 #271
Thumb_img_7089_copy Eve G. Indonesia 1570 posts in this forum Offline

Hi Pav,

Sure sounds like he is taking pains to insure the teachings survive. What surprised me about the book was how important it was for him that the preservation of the teachings will be done correctly.

There is a clear distance between the man and his teachings, he does not treat them as 'his' but as something that must be preserved carefully be people who have drank at the well, and smelled the perfume.

Perhaps that is why when the man or his teachings are mistreated, some are being so sensitive about it.

The nature of the change from disorder is silence.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 13 Apr 2013 #272
Thumb_beautiful-nature-wallpaper pavani rao India 541 posts in this forum Offline

Eve G. wrote:
Perhaps that is why when the man or his teachings are mistreated, some are being so sensitive about it.

Hi Eve 

Well first things first , that is a nice picture of your's . 

Regarding the point you have mentioned , I wonder if it is so much about   K  and the teaching or more about clashing of personalities  , who is going to have the last word .. and  all that stuff ? 

Well Eve in one of the earlier posts too I remember saying we all come here with various degrees of understanding and each one of us perceive things differently and we have our distinctive style of writing , expressing and conveying our points of view .

In discussion forums it takes all kinds of people to formulate their varied experiences , coming out with different energy levels .. and I think then only discussion progresses , moves and attains a certain level of maturity and clarity . ( in the book mentioned above in one chapter K categorically stresses the need for a large group of people with different mental levels to gather together during discussions )  

But as we have been seeing in Kinfo it's become a common pattern for few people ..  when they are here they spread  all over , get reactive and leave , sooner coming back in different avatars ... while for some people more than the teaching , following these posters   assumes major proportion  of interest and entertainment . 

( ah ! Sorry for that lecture mode :)

relax . No more of it . I'm going to take coffee break )

This post was last updated by pavani rao Sat, 13 Apr 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 13 Apr 2013 #273

:) he he Pav your lecture is fine and not taken as such. What you say is very true. The picture was taken on a boat crossing from Ireland to France two summers ago.

pavani rao wrote:
( in the book mentioned above in one chapter K categorically stresses the need for a large group of people with different mental levels to gather together during discussions )  

I read the book a long time ago, but yes I do remember this from several discussions. The reason maybe that when we gather an understanding from different levels we are able to push each other further or deeper into the investigation. Which in fact does happen even here. Even here there are break throughs, as you said the anarchy of the landscape sometimes creates the challenge of constant digressions and diverting attention.

Have you ever gone to the discussions organized by the foundations in India or elsewhere? They also tend to be frustrating at times :).

My friend Patricia says that the challenge to self in the teachings is the cause of the venomous responses. When the self is challenged with all its images and its need for identification the reaction is aggressive since this is the nature of the self. Lets go back to your book and share with us some of the insights you discover. The list you have shared is interesting.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sat, 20 Apr 2013 #274
Thumb_beautiful-nature-wallpaper pavani rao India 541 posts in this forum Offline

Eve G. wrote:
Lets go back to your book and share with us some of the insights you discover

Hi Eve 

Well it's a been a while since I made an entry in here .

No not with the Perfume  book I got busy with . It's been hectic for the past week with people ( relatives ) in the house .

You know some times I wonder how much difference is there in our life styles to that of your's out there .... 
Based on entries by most people in the forums I can make out mostly people live there all by themselves , (  at the maximum they have one pet to keep them company ) single  after some time . But in here we have all these formalities , obligations with near , far relatives ... Some occasion  or the other keeps going on in here which involves collective group activities in the family  and some times things become elaborate with lot of preparations and all that ... 

Well Eve very sorry to read about your son . I hope he is recovering fast . 

One more thing , your entry 717 of ( K the essential texts ) is really beautiful . It resonates with my way of looking at things .

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #275

ANOTHER   BOOK.      ANOTHER   DIMENSION

ECKHART TOLLE

A NEW EARTH

Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

Well may be this  author's name and the book is not sounding  unfamiliar to most people in here . But some how I came in contact with it recently . Again ( I need not mention repeatedly ) by my  daughter . 

Hmm  ! most people might be wondering .. What a dumb mom and an active daughter ! :( ....   um ! no probes  . I  sure am going to suggest to her some other wonderful book . of course  with active help from my forum friends :) 

I'm not sure how other people might have perceived this author and this book , I find it increasingly interesting and absorbing ... And quite informative , as well as insightful  . 

The content of the book sounds / reflects  a deep study  and understanding of an assortment of various spiritual teachers and teachings   .... And many places  the book gives the feeling of reading the essence of K . 

The following are some of the extracts , felt like sharing with all .

Extract 1 " The essence of who you are is consciousness. When consciousness (you) becomes completely identified with thinking and thus forgets its essential nature, it loses itself in thought. When it becomes identified with mental­emotional formations such as wanting and fearing – the primary motivating forces of the ego – it loses itself in those formations. Consciousness also loses itself when it identifies with acting and reacting to what happens. Every thought, every desire or fear, every action or reaction, is then infused with a false sense of self that is incapable of sensing the simple joy of Being and so seeks pleasure, and sometimes even pain, as substitutes for it. This is living in forgetfulness of Bing. In that state of
forgetfulness of who you are, every success is no more than a passing delusion. Whatever you achieve, soon you will be unhappy again, or some new problem or dilemma will draw your attention in completely.

Extract 2 : The outer purpose varies greatly form person to person, and no outer purpose lasts forever. It is subject to time and then replaced by some other purpose. The extent to which dedication to the inner purpose of awakening changes the external circumstances of your life also varies greatly. For some people, there is a sudden or gradual break with their past: their work, living situation, relationship – everything undergoes profound change. Some of the change may be initiated by themselves, not through an agonizing decision­ making process but by a sudden realization or recognition: This is what I have to do. The decision arrives ready­made, so to speak. It comes through awareness, not through thinking. You wake up one morning and you know what to do. Some people find themselves walking out of an insane work environment or living situation. So before you discover what is right for you on the external level, before you discover what works, what is compatible with the awakening consciousness, you may have to find out what is not right, what no longer works, what is incompatible with your inner being .

Extract 3 : Like the Taoist sages of ancient China, Jesus likes to draw your attention to nature because he sees a power at work in it that humans have lost touch with. It is the creative power of the universe. Jesus goes on to say that if God clothes simple flowers in such beauty, how much more will God clothe you. That is to say, that while nature is a beautiful expression of the evolutionary impulse of the universe, when humans become aligned with the intelligence that underlies it, they will express that same impulse on a higher, more wondrous level.
So be true to life by being true to your inner purpose. As you become present and thereby total in what you do, your actions become charged with spiritual power.

Extract 4 : “I want to know the mind of God,” Einstein said. “The rest are details.” What is the mind of God? Consciousness. What does it mean to know the mind of God? To be aware. What are the details? Your outer purpose, and whatever happens outwardly.
So while you are perhaps still waiting for something significant to happen in your life, you may not realize that the most significant thing thatcan happen to a human being has already happened within you: the beginning of the separation process of thinking and awareness.

Extract 5 : Only the first awakening, the first glimpse of consciousness without thought, happens by grace, without any doing on your part. If you find this book incomprehensible or meaningless, it has not yet happened to you. If something within you responds to it, however, if you somehow recognize the truth in it, it means the process of awakening has begun. Once it has done so, it cannot be reversed, although it can be delayed by the ego.

Extract 6 :Until now, human intelligence, which is no more than a minute aspect of universal intelligence, has been distorted and misused by the ego. I call that “intelligence n the service of madness.” Splitting the atom requires great intelligence. Using that intelligence for building and stockpiling atom bombs is insane or at best extremely unintelligent. Stupidity is relatively harmless, but intelligent stupidity is highly dangerous. This intelligent stupidity, for which one could find countless obvious examples, is threatening our survival as a species.

Extract 6 :Without he impairment of egoic dysfunction, our intelligence comes into full alignment with the outgoing cycle of universal intelligence and its impulse to create. We become conscious participants in the creation of form. It is not we who create, but universal intelligence that creates through us. We don't identify with what we create and so don't lose ourselves in what we do.

This post was last updated by pavani rao Wed, 24 Apr 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #276
Thumb_stringio B Teulada Portugal 388 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

pavani rao wrote:
I'm not sure how other people might have perceived this author

Hi Pavani,

it's like hearing the Air from Suite No. 3 on the G String by Johann Sebastian Bach and then going back to the Abba.
No offence to the Abbas, actually my mother was Swedish, but i am sure you know what i mean Pavani.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #277

B Teulada wrote:
it's like hearing the Air from Suite No. 3 on the G String by Johann Sebastian Bach and then going back to the Abba

Hi T 

Well I think I understand  what you are trying to say  . 
Hey by the way no comparisons between K and this author . In fact the book makes sense if we have followed a thing or two from K or may be if we have  few confusions about K teaching then also it may help in clearing all that ... 

For most of us at least there cannot be any other spiritual teacher  who can be at par with K . The way K has this penetrating quality and lasting effect on one's being how ever  short while when one comes in contact with him  is unparalleled ... 

Well if I have to sum up about the above author  I would rather say here is an ordinary human being like any body who could have the grasp of the teachings of various teachers very well  and could encapsulate it  all so well  in that book . 

One more thing , that's a lovely pic  of your's  of your child hood days ? 

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #278

pavani rao wrote:
One more thing , that's a lovely pic of your's of your child hood days ?

he he ! no. I wish !

have a look at this Pav:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdAeLC-mLwA

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #279
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

pavani rao wrote:
Hey by the way no comparisons between K and this author . In fact the book makes sense

Toll has studied K, K is major component of his spiritual cocktail.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #280

dhirendra singh wrote:
Toll has studied K, K is major component of his spiritual cocktail.

Hi Dhi 

Well that is  quite obvious ,  isn't it ? Otherwise the book doesn't reflect  so much of the teaching and of K isms . But I feel this person was able to capture the meaning and essence of  various teachers and  was practically experienced and  walked through whatever he had written . 

By the way have you read his other books ?  How do you like them ? 

On second thoughts , let me add , it looks some drama is unfolding in the other thread . So take your own time and attend to this a bit non decrepit thread :) 

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #281

Hi Pav, Dhi, and BT,

I have read Tole and yes he is drawing attention in recent years certainly on the popular circuit. Yes BT nice new picture. And yes the new drama is a new personality with an old perfume, just like Tole :).

Krishanji is not for everyone, perhaps Tole can reach some who need crutches. There is no doubt that the core of his teachings are not only influenced by Krishanji but are based on the same truth. My friend Patricia says he is only a copy cat, who knows maybe thats true.

In the old days, Krishnaji made some interesting comments about the Christ which are very interesting to me many who knew him in the early days said he had that quality. I suppose that truth has no personality or one body, truth is the embodiment of the immeasurable and it would be expressed by immeasurable ways.

This post was last updated by Eve G. Wed, 24 Apr 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #282

pavani rao wrote:
By the way have you read his other books ?  How do you like them ? 

I have read his first book, power of now, it was impressive, but it was like a well prepared packing for sale, it was thing of market, just after reading that book, I written a letter to him and asked a direct question, well, it was not answered.

I don't know about his experience but his action shows that Dollar is far important thing than transformation. If I remember rightly, he was a lecturer of philosophy and it was easy for him to play with people because of his philosophical knowledge and lecturing experience, if you remember, osho too was a lecturer of philosophy and he used his skill to his shop.

I don't know

This post was last updated by dhirendra singh Wed, 24 Apr 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #283

dhirendra singh wrote:
I don't know about his experience but his action shows that Dollar is far important thing than transformation. If I remember well he was a lecturer of philosophy and it was easy for him to play with people because of his philosophical knowledge and lecturing experience, if you remember, osho too was a lecturer of philosophy and he used his skill to his shop.

Yes Dhi, Osho and Tole are of the market.....some say Krishanji was also a rich man, many left him castles and houses and lots of land and property. But they don't have the same flavor. K was not a poor man, he just did not own anything personally it was always been taken care of by the foundations. All of his houses and properties were given to him by very rich people but strangely did not possess him that I could see.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #284

Eve G. wrote:
Yes Dhi, Osho and Tole are of the market.....some say Krishanji was also a rich man, many left him castles and houses and lots of land and property. But they don't have the same flavor. K was not a poor man, he just did not own anything personally it was always been taken care of by the foundations. All of his houses and properties were given to him by very rich people but strangely did not possess him that I could see.

Right Eve,definitely K was not a businessman.

I don't know

This post was last updated by dhirendra singh Wed, 24 Apr 2013.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #285
Thumb_snapshot_20130606 john Campbell Canada 535 posts in this forum Offline

pavani rao wrote:
DIMENSION

P...>When consciousness (you) becomes(COMPLETELY) identified with thinking and thus forgets its essential nature, it loses itself in thought.
J>>>Completely is the key word throughout,life is forever seeking balance.

P>>>
P>>>Extract 3 : Like the Taoist sages of ancient China, Jesus likes to draw your attention to nature because he sees a power at work in it that humans have lost
J>>>Jesus said, ‘the kingdom of God is within’ (it accumulated over evolutionary time,it is life's gift,deep within you,a birthright,(don’t lose touch with me.))

E>>> Air from Suite No. 3 on the G String by Johann Sebastian Bach.
J>>>This beautiful piece of work is a testimony ,I think, to what can only come from the deeper part of ones soul,and by its natural beauty,is able to connect universally, to the deeper part of all souls,withstands the test of time and is everlasting. There is much truth in great art, but very little in words. Relax,close your eyes,listen deeply.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #286

dhirendra singh wrote:
Right,Eve,definitely K was not a businessman.

It should be taken into consideration though that all he had to do was ask and receive .He liked cars a lot and received those that he requested.He did not have to bother with the details of doing business.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #287

Eve G. wrote:
Yes Dhi, Osho and Tole are of the market

The Oprah Winfrey show made Tolle,an author on this show is automatically a success.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #288

Eve G. wrote:
And yes the new drama is a new personality with an old perfume, just like Tole :).

ah yes, you bet!

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #289

Eve G. wrote:
can reach some who need crutches

oh yes. and he does offer them. and charges for them too, but, ... hey, to each his own

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 #290

john Campbell wrote:
Relax,close your eyes,listen deeply.

i do it every time John, i do it every time :-)

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 #291

Eve G. wrote:
suppose that truth has no personality or one body, truth is the embodiment of the immeasurable and it would be expressed by immeasurable ways.

Hi Eve 

Well that's wonderfully expressed . One wouldn't have agreed more than that . 

dhirendra singh wrote:
don't know about his experience but his action shows that Dollar is far important thing than transformation

Hi Dhi 

Well frankly speaking I didn't do much research regarding Tolle , in the sense didn't read extensively about him ... Other than just few basic details of his background and life from Wikipedia . 

Hey we all need money for living , don't we ? As Eve says not everybody is like K nor he is for everybody . So then why draw comparisons at all in the first place ?  

Transformation ... What does it mean ? Do we examine the images we have in our minds regarding this issue ? 

Is it becoming like K ? ( whatever that may mean ) or it it retiring  to the Himalayas ? or trying to share whatever one has understood with others in the  hope that some good may come out if by  doing so , or may be some times it comes out naturally .... 

People like Rajneesh or in our contemporary times modern gurus like Jaggi Vasudevas , Ravi Shankars  survive and sustain because there are equal number of people , in fact more than we can imagine bring them to this world and to our societies . These  gurus need people for their survival as much as their need is  felt by people . 

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 #292

john Campbell wrote:
to what can only come from the deeper part of ones soul,and by its natural beauty,is able to connect universally, to the deeper part of all souls,withstands the test of time and is everlasting

Hey J.C 

After a long time good to see you back in this thread :) 

You know J if the words of Eve  sound wonderful ... Yours sound  double wonderful ... 

Well when that streak of truth resonates in the depths of one's being it does get connected to that which already exists outside in the world .  Isn't that the reason we are all got connected to K in the first place .

The same dimension of truth may be the largest and the ultimate is there in K which found expression and would have come out irrespective of nurturing of the Theosophists and Anne Bessant ... ( as he himself said as a matter of fact way , which we  recently read  ( part extract )  Pupul Jaykar's Biography of K , brought out by kind courtesy John Raica . 

Well when one finds the same streak , may be one feels like acknowledging and appreciating it .... 

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 #293

pavani rao wrote:
After a long time

Hi Pava,thanks for those kind words,very timely.
When these special things resonate,reverberate deep within,
its like reintroducing oneself to ones being.It may resonate differently
for each person,because of our different perspectives etc.,nevertheless
it is important in its own way

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 #294

pavani rao wrote:
Hi Dhi 

Well frankly speaking I didn't do much research regarding Tolle , in the sense didn't read extensively about him ... Other than just few basic details of his background and life from Wikipedia . 

Hey we all need money for living , don't we ? As Eve says not everybody is like K nor he is for everybody . So then why draw comparisons at all in the first place ?  

Transformation ... What does it mean ? Do we examine the images we have in our minds regarding this issue ? 

Is it becoming like K ? ( whatever that may mean ) or it it retiring  to the Himalayas ? or trying to share whatever one has understood with others in the  hope that some good may come out if by  doing so , or may be some times it comes out naturally .... 

People like Rajneesh or in our contemporary times modern gurus like Jaggi Vasudevas , Ravi Shankars  survive and sustain because there are equal number of people , in fact more than we can imagine bring them to this world and to our societies . These  gurus need people for their survival as much as their need is  felt by people . 

Hi Pavani

My problem is, I fully agree with K, so tolles, choparas, and likes don't fit in my mind.:)

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 #295

john Campbell wrote:
It should be taken into consideration though that all he had to do was ask and receive .He liked cars a lot and received those that he requested.He did not have to bother with the details of doing business.

Well, it was fair enough, no cheating or business, it was within friendly behavior.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 #296

dhirendra singh wrote:
Well, it was fair enough,

j....True,no harm meant,just a way of doing things.
After all he created the wealth.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 #297

B Teulada wrote:
i do it every time :-)

i do it every time :-)

j..and it is your very own special place’
your very essence ,no other like it,
and the only way we can truly touch,
enter each other,
Truths action,holds the key

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 28 May 2013 #298

Experience of a life time

The other day we have been to the Muir wood national park . What was started as another one of outings with family and friends turned out to be an enriching , astounding , awe - inspiring explorations and sights of a life time . To see the giant Sequoia trees of approx 500 to 800 year old ; the colossal , shooting into sky giant Red Wood trees of not less than equal time span is not only a breath taking , stunning sights but a remarkable journey in itself , a thoroughly humbling experience .

----- Named in 1875 by John Muir, The Giant Forest is a stand of more than 8,000 colossal sequoia specimens – many still standing as Muir found them. The largest of them all, the General Sherman Tree, is around 2,100 years old and weighs approximately 2.7 million pounds. It stands almost 275 feet tall and has a trunk more than 100 feet wide King of the forest, General Sherman is considered not only the largest living tree in the world, but the largest living organism on the planet by volume.-------

Well when one read the above piece of information in the park , added to the astounding sight ... there is an overwhelming rush of feelings ....

Then we tried hugging the close by standing tree , the sense of restful ness is clearly palpable not only by the older people of the crowd but by the younger ones too ....

Retuning home I was ignited by this extreme curiosity to read more about these supreme wonders of the earth , but fortunately and more interestingly came upon the Biography and very remarkable facets of the founder of these National parks , John Muir : the philosopher conservationist and the facts of his life are equally marvelous to read .

The following are the interesting details I found and am interested to share with you all.....

Muir remained, though, a deeply spiritual man, writing, "We all flow from one fountain—Soul. All are expressions of one love. God does not appear, and flow out, only from narrow chinks and round bored wells here and there in favored races and places, but He flows in grand undivided currents, shoreless and boundless over creeds and forms and all kinds of civilizations and peoples and

beasts, saturating all and fountainizing all."

Muir was noted for being an ecological thinker, political spokesman, and religious prophet, whose writings became a personal guide into nature for countless individuals, making his name "almost ubiquitous" in the modern environmental consciousness. According to author William Anderson, Muir exemplified "the archetype of our oneness with the earth",[8] while biographer Donald Worster says he believed his mission was "...saving the American soul from total surrender to materialism. "

In his later years, he used the metaphor of nature as home in his writings to promote wilderness preservation. In one of his essays aimed at the common person he wrote, "Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life."

early March 1867, an accident changed the course of his life: a tool he was using slipped and struck him in the eye. He was confined to a darkened room for six weeks, worried whether he’d ever regain his sight. When he did, "he saw the world—and his purpose—in a new light," writes Marquis. Muir later wrote, "This affliction has driven me to the sweet fields. God has to nearly kill us sometimes, to teach us lessons."[11] From that point on, he determined to "be true to myself" and follow his dream of exploration and study of plants

Muir biographer Steven Holmes notes that Muir used words like "glory" and "glorious" to suggest that light was taking on a religious dimension: "It is impossible to overestimate the importance of the notion of glory in Muir's published writings, where no other single image carries more emotional or religious weight,"[7] adding that his words "exactly parallels its Hebraic origins," in which biblical writings often indicate a divine presence with light, as in the burning bush or pillar of fire, and described as "the glory of God."[7]:179[36]:115 Muir writes:
I do not understand the request of Moses, 'Show me thy glory,' but if he were here . . . after allowing him time to drink the glories of flower, mountain, and sky I would ask him how they compared with those of the Valley of the Nile . . . and I would inquire how he had the conscience to ask for more glory when such oceans and atmospheres were about him. King David was a better observer: 'The whole earth is full of thy glory.'

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 30 May 2013 #299

pavani rao wrote:
pavani rao India 318 posts in this forum Offline

Hi Pavi,
Well that’s sure an adventure you are having there on the west coast of California,it’s quite a place.
I well remember doing the mountains and valleys of British Columbia,Canada,just up the coast a bit,and also the many Gulf Islands
in that area.Those large trees that you mentioned are also present in BC and are quite awesome to witness and a total joy to trek through.
Actually in my dads day they were much taller here but were totally unprotected from the money suckers.but still,of the remaining,
some go around 300 ft.plus.
Hope the rest of your adventure is just as exciting.Watch out for the fires. :—)) --->and the forest spirits<---((----:

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 31 May 2013 #300

Hey J . C

It's good to read your post . How have you been ?

Well that's what I had read about the history of these giant marvels , how ancient they are . Isn't it a great pity to have lost them completely in the hands of the money suckers as you have mentioned in your post ? If not for the extraordinary work , vision of few men , present day generations would 'nt have had the first hand experience of seeing , marveling at these colossal creatures .

That may be the reason one felt full appreciation for John Muir and felt its very appropriate to remember some of his efforts , the least one can do towards preservation of our natural resources , which are so fast depleting .

After all this beautiful Earth is all that we have got and none of us have all the time & energy in the world to waste away in unnecessary actions .

Talking about the mountains and valleys let me mention here we had gone to visit the famous Yosemite valley as well with its astounding mountain stretches , unending vast land scapes innumerable giant Sequoia trees and not to forget the breath taking waterfalls , which are one of the major attractions for the visitors .

Well though its been an awe - struck experience , it reminded me very much of the mighty , lofty Himalayan region back home , and especially of Uttaranchal which has plenty of places, is equally well known for towering snow mountain peaks , pine and various other thick forests , valleys and is the origin of two of the holiest of rivers , the Ganges and the Yamuna . When we toured or completed the popular " char dham yathra " few years back , the breath taking beauty and the memorable experience is still there fresh in my memory .

Let me say few words about this " char dham yathra " .... Back there in India we have everything related to the Gods , religion and the temples . The four places which comprise of this holy pilgrimage are 1. Yamunothri 2. Gangothri 3. Kedarnath and 4. Badrinath .
The first two places are considered to be holy because they are the origins of the two major rivers , the Ganga and the Yamuna as I mentioned above . Temples have been built considering the places to be holy . While Kedarnath is the home to the oldest Shiva temple , the last place Badrinath is the home of oldest Vishnu temple dating back to some per historic times as well .

Well though the journey was meant for auspicious purposes and connotations , for me more than the religious part it had great impact for its sheer beauty , depth and dimension of the valleys , mountain peaks and vegetation and gurgling rivulets , water falls which form a visual treat to the eyes through out the journey .

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 271 - 300 of 327 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)