Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

When K returns, what will you do with him?

Displaying posts 91 - 97 of 97 in total
Mon, 10 Sep 2018 #91
Thumb_avatar Peter Kesting United States 1206 posts in this forum Offline

Hello Wim,

Thank you for posting.

So do we need to be free of the influence of K? Is it right to remember things from the books we have read? Are there understandings we carry from the past? Are those rememberences a mistake, are they something that is false? Aren't there things that we remember that have changed us? Are we to have change and to have no residue of the changing, no rememberence? Is the present free of the past? ever? at moments? And there is memory that is necessary and unavoidable? We need to remember where we live...There are things we can't forget. Is there a present that has no past?

I am just now exploring this. I am asking myself.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 10 Sep 2018 #92

Is the person, personhood, memory,... only that?

This post was last updated by Peter Kesting Mon, 10 Sep 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 10 Sep 2018 #93
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 Myself Wrote United States 645 posts in this forum Offline

Krishnamurti: One does not like to use the word ‘enlightenment’, it is so loaded with the meaning given by all these gurus. They do not know what they are talking about; not that the speaker knows, that would be silly on his part, but one sees what is involved when they talk about achieving enlightenment, step by step, practising, so that the mind becomes dull, mechanical, stupid.

23rd Question - Saanen, 1st Question & Answer Meeting -

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 10 Sep 2018 #94

Hello Goodman and Wim

K uses the word transformation quite a bit. I think we could substitute the word/the notion transformation everywhere or at least in most of the places we have used the word enlightenment in the posts above.

This post was last updated by Peter Kesting Mon, 10 Sep 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 11 Sep 2018 #95
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1220 posts in this forum Offline

Peter Kesting wrote:
K uses the word transformation quite a bit. I think we could substitute the word/the notion transformation everywhere or at least in most of the places we have used the word enlightenment in the posts above.

Hi Peter,

First: This reply is also based on yours #95 !

One of the great advantages is that the words of K. are on audio and video tape, so let us not start to change them for our ease/convenience.

Something different take place when I speak from memory of the words or when I speak from understanding of the words. In my view is that the meaning of: 'I am not important but what I am saying is!'

So if understanding take place it's not the influence of K. but of what he has said is incorporated (nice word by the way).

So one act on the base of incorporated or on base of what is remembered of him saying, only in the last thought is active.

I recently used a quote from K. explaining the process of thought in which he pointed to the scope of the present:

Ojai, California | 10th Public Talk 1945

The present extends into the past and into the future; without the understanding of the present the door to the past is closed. The perception of the new is so fleeting; no sooner is it felt than the swift current of the past sweeps over it and the new ceases to be. To die to the many yesterdays, to renew each day is only possible if we are capable of being passively aware. In this passive awareness there is no gathering to oneself; in it there is intense stillness in which the new is ever unfolding, in which silence is ever extending with measure

So in constantly observing 'what, why and how' you are doing reveals the psychological state of what is going on and that could be jealousy, creed, showing of, building on your image etc. etc..

just the flowering of you present state of Being.

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 11 Sep 2018 #96

Wim Opdam wrote:
To die to the many yesterdays, to renew each day is only possible if we are capable of being passively aware. In this passive awareness there is no gathering to oneself; in it there is intense stillness in which the new is ever unfolding, in which silence is ever extending with measure

So in constantly observing 'what, why and how' you are doing reveals the psychological state of what is going on and that could be jealousy, creed, showing of, building on your image etc. etc..

just the flowering of you present state of Being.

Hello again Wim,

Some feelings came up in reading what you wrote..Self criticism.

Passive awareness ends that. Have you ever watched to see how it is that that passive awareness happens? There seems to be a sudden shift. Quite mysterious. Is it wrong to even mention it?

I think you wanted greed instead of creed and you wanted off instead of of.

Is there anything one (we) can do for the world?

Thank you for engaging me in conversation.

Peter

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 11 Sep 2018 #97
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1220 posts in this forum Offline

Peter Kesting wrote:
I think you wanted greed instead of creed and you wanted off instead of of.

You're right.

Is there anything one (we) can do for the world?

my only answer would be, being passive aware, but immediately seeing
that that's nothing to do with we/us/one, that seems to be of a different order.

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 91 - 97 of 97 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)