Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Observations

Displaying posts 121 - 150 of 158 in total
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 #121
Thumb_tampura ganesan balachandran India 2204 posts in this forum Offline

Ana Flavia Lucas wrote:
I am not allways able to understand, but even then, I, or something in me, likes it.

Breath of the gods, embryo of the universe, this god( love) wanders wherever he pleases. His sounds are heard but his form is not seen.
gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

This post was last updated by ganesan balachandran Sat, 24 Sep 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 #122

Paul Davidson wrote:
the question of knowledge of colour.

There is holy festival, called the colour festival. Mr.Ravi and D may know it well.
gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 #123
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2984 posts in this forum Offline

Muad dhib wrote:
Bob was Robert Michael here..

Yes Dan, I found him at art of inquiry.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 #124
Thumb_flower_4 Ana Flavia Lucas Brazil 28 posts in this forum Offline

ganesan balachandran wrote:
Is that not with K also:)

Bingo!! ( As you say in Kinfonet's dialect)

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 #125
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Muad dhib wrote:
I agree rick...they were bringing something vitally needed in such a forum....the vital diversity, without trolling to destroy .

Bingo!

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Sat, 24 Sep 2011 #126
Thumb_stringio Paul Davidson United Kingdom 3659 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Ana Flavia Lucas wrote:
Bingo!! ( As you say in Kinfonet's dialect)

No, it's a Rickfonet dialect, based on a children's game of matching numbers. In a more elaborated form, I am told, they use plastic counters to cover the numbers, just to be sure they didn't miss one.

You can also win prizes!

"The ego is first and foremost a body ego." S. Freud

This post was last updated by Paul Davidson (account deleted) Sat, 24 Sep 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 24 Sep 2011 #127
Thumb_deleted_user_med Muad dhib Ireland 175 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

RICK LEIN wrote:

Muad dhib wrote:
I agree rick...they were bringing something vitally needed in such a forum....the vital diversity, without trolling to destroy .

Bingo!

got my first bingo here....Bob remains a phenomenon for me , whatever he is into without bringing here any judgement at all.
I watched the peters' sellers movie , well it was not my cup of tea ...anyway thanks again for the advice ...I mean it :)

Dan.....

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 24 Sep 2011 #128
Thumb_stringio Paul Davidson United Kingdom 3659 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Well, I was off-site during the time Bob was posting but I went back and read some of his contributions. He was sharp, impassioned, and however strange some of his ideas (such as that AA was a road to enlightenment), he understood a great deal and recused from the derogatory language and conflictive comment that others threw his way, to his credit.

Thu, 20 Oct 2011 #129

A lesson for all Kinfonet posters!

Man jailed after trying to turn faeces into gold
By Richard Evans | Yahoo! News

A man from Northern Ireland has been jailed after an experiment in which he attempted to turn his own faeces into gold went wrong and started a fire in a block of flats.

Paul Moran will now serve three months in jail and a further 12 months on license after the failed experiment caused a fire at his Housing Executive home in Derrin Park, Enniskillen.

Moran admitted arson and endangering the lives of others in the fire, which reportedly caused over £3,000 worth of damage.

It is thought that as part of the bizarre experiment Moran left his faeces, along with other waste products such as fertiliser, on a heater.

In his ruling Judge McFarland told Moran: “Rather bizarrely you were attempting to make gold from human faeces and waste products.
“It was an interesting experiment to fulfil the alchemist’s dream, but wasn’t going to succeed.”

Moran’s barrister mentioned that his client was a man of ‘considerable intellectual ability’ but that he had problems battling drug abuse.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 20 Oct 2011 #130

Paul Davidson wrote:
A lesson for all Kinfonet posters!

i don't understand. is anyone turning bullshit to gold?
gb

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 20 Oct 2011 #131
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1930 posts in this forum Offline

Paul just desires authority over others. A control-freak. He can't help it.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 20 Oct 2011 #132

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
Paul just desires authority over others. A control-freak. He can't help it.

Your vitriol index rises effortlessly, Patricia.

ganesan balachandran wrote:
i don't understand. is anyone turning bullshit to gold?

Yes, all the bulls are at it. Take cover!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 20 Oct 2011 #133

George W Bush once spoke at a 'right-to-life' anti abortion rally.

"I'm here to stand up for the rights of the human faeces," he told the crowd. "Remember that we was all faeces once. You was faeces. I was faeces . . ."

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 20 Oct 2011 #134
Thumb_avatar Peter Kesting United States 1228 posts in this forum Offline

"I'm here to stand up for the rights of the human faeces," he told the crowd. "Remember that we was all faeces once. You was faeces. I was faeces . . ."

I laughed

Peter

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 20 Oct 2011 #135

Peter Kesting wrote:
I laughed

Well, that's the point. We need to laugh.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 21 Oct 2011 #136

Well, today it seems I've finally done a deal on my house and am free to move on. I will be flying to Brazil in two weeks with the plan to set up some sort of land project there, maybe a farm or centre.. All friends invited to come visit . . . so keep in touch!

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 22 Oct 2011 #137
Thumb_stringio lidlo lady United States 4003 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Where exactly in Brazil? What's the plan?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 23 Oct 2011 #138

lidlo lady wrote:
Where exactly in Brazil? What's the plan?

Hi Lidlo,

Staying in SP for some months. Off to India for a bit. Then we plan to move to Chapada Diamantina (diamond highlands) in Bahia, north-east Brazil. No definite plan yet but there's a farm we saw going quite cheap, about 7 hectares (16 acres) with a house which would make a good centre. Five hours drive inland from Salvador. Yoga, meditation, dialogue, manual work, farming, swimming in the lakes and waterfalls, canoeing in the pantanal (wetlands), canoodling in the shade, hiking in the mountains, maybe some medicine (Ana's a doctor), teaching, growing, cooking, bee-keeping, forestry, mosquito-swatting. You know, that sort of thing. The area is beautiful. Any ideas?

This post was last updated by Paul Davidson (account deleted) Sun, 23 Oct 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 24 Oct 2011 #139
Thumb_stringio lidlo lady United States 4003 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

No ideas. Just curious. Why Brazil? Why this part of the country? Do you speak Portuguese? Are the locals welcoming you because you're bringing money or business to the community, or are they just too laid back to care? Sorry for all the questions. It's just that a relocation like this is not something to go into naively, and I'm wondering if you're going into it with eyes wide open.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 25 Oct 2011 #140

Why Brazil? I started visiting when my daughter settled there. I have two grand daughters there now. It is a beautiful country and offers many possibilities. My partner is Brazilian. I love the area I mentioned in post 138. I have always travelled and have had extensive contacts with Latin America over the years. Many other reasons.

Yes, my eyes are open. What moves you to ask that particular question. I possibly notice some projected trepidation. The issue is only of 'relocation' if you are identified with 'your' location, surely. Otherwise, one may enjoy the challenge. Yes, I speak some Portuguese . . . not yet enough but when you live somewhere you learn fast.

I did not understand your question about locals, money and welcome. It is an open and integrated society of may national origins. One's welcome is dependent on who you contact with and who you are. Nothing to do with money or business, unless you mix in those circles where such things are important.

This post was last updated by Paul Davidson (account deleted) Tue, 25 Oct 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 25 Oct 2011 #141

I asked because usually when foreigners want to be expats without being directly related to or involved with a citizen, the price of admission is money or providing employment. Some countries attract expats by offering citizenship or charge no property tax for the first few years. Expats with money are welcome, especially when they can employ locals.

This post was last updated by lidlo lady (account deleted) Tue, 25 Oct 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 25 Oct 2011 #142

lidlo lady wrote:
I asked because usually when foreigners want to be expats without being directly related to or involved with a citizen, the price of admission is money or providing employment.

Yes, that is very sad. Usually the governments set the rules on such things. People themselves are often more welcoming. The very words 'expats,' 'foreigners' and 'locals' sends nasty shivers down my spine. It is terrible that we cast labels on ourselves and others in such ways.

To become an 'expat' first you have to be a pat. I have never been that. My passport says that I am a 'subject' of someone called the 'Queen of England.' What folly!

Wed, 26 Oct 2011 #143

Sad or not, people are territorial and communities don't welcome people who may bring unwanted customs and attitudes, or people who contribute nothing to the community. People with money, for instance, may want to purchase land and live their chosen life-style while remaining aloof from the locals...or worse yet, exploit the locals. But I'm sure none of this applies to you.

Did you read Elizabeth Gilbert's book about marriage? It's mainly about the nightmare she and her Brazilian partner went through trying to live in the USA.

This post was last updated by lidlo lady (account deleted) Wed, 26 Oct 2011.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 #144

lidlo lady wrote:
Did you read Elizabeth Gilbert's book about marriage? It's mainly about the nightmare she and her Brazilian partner went through trying to live in the USA.

I did not read the book, Lidlo. But I was married for many years to a Colombian in the UK and we have a daughter.

Brazil is not the US. It is not so money-cultured in that way and with much less racism. In the US you are an anglo-american, an italian-american, an african-american, an asian-american, an indigenous-american etc etc, and all within a racist status hierachy. In Brazil after about the time it takes to settle yourself, you are a Brazilian, for better or for worse. US society is much more clumpy.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 #145

Nice to know there are communities without racism. If only they could be secular, too. Aren't they awfully Catholic and superstitious in Brazil? In places where everyone goes to church and accepts the same unquestioned assumptions, critical thinking can make one suspect.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 #146

You have many preconceptions, Lidlo.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 #147

Indeed. Don't we all.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 #148

Mind if I ask why you're going to India? If you have enough money to go to exotic places, why do you want people with less money to know? I'm too poor to go anywhere but down the street. I feel wretched knowing you can do such things and I can't. It isn't fair. Why rub it in?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 #149
Thumb_avatar Dhanan Rao India 75 posts in this forum Offline

lidlo lady wrote:
I'm too poor to go anywhere but down the street. I feel wretched knowing you can do such things and I can't. It isn't fair. Why rub it in?

LOL LIdloLady you should keep off internet. Very harmful for fragile.....

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 #150

Oh, don't worry about me. I'm not fragile, and the internet is all I have. My children are grown up, live far away, and they're struggling to make ends meet in this economy. They can't even afford to visit me.

I'd love to go to India and meet you, but I can't. Maybe Paul will pay you a visit. Would you like that?

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 121 - 150 of 158 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)